Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone heard of ESP Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now we're getting to the heart of the problem; Don, if you don't know who is tuning cars for ESP (and the guy who tunes their LS cars, at least some of them, did not work for you), and it is your business, then how in the hell do all of these guys on this forum have anything to say about it.

I know that Justin had ESP work on his car and was unhappy, went to your place, had you guys do some work on his car (meth, some more boost, and the tune to go with it) and is now extremely happy with it. That's awesome, you guys got the guy the result he wanted, he's thrilled, and you have a stock longblock LS1 making 575 wheel that you can point to and say "we did that."

That's great, and you did it, but for guys (not your guys, but your customers) to say that ESP "f-ed up" Justin's car, and that when he went to you that "you retuned it and gained 100 wheel" is not true. He didn't have meth and wasn't running 12 pounds of boost when ESP had his car, so you made a huge gain over what they had done, but it wasn't the tune alone.

You do good work, you have nice cars out there, stand on that and tell your disciples to stop sh!tting on the competition, because that is NOT how you have to do it.

C
Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Teching In

I don't know why you responed to this thread. OP said even before you posted that it was a predator tune. There for esp is out of the equation but you still wanted to get all Jerk ****. beat it guy. The issue was resolved already before you chimmed in with your half penny sense. You Blew this one right out the door.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

I apologize for the hijack, and I am not being a jerk to anyone, this:

Probably has too much timing in it. There was a lot of bad tunes from there

ESP has always been an okay shop, but nothing has ever been reputable about their tunes

The "tuner" worked for me and he never tuned a car here
is just not accurate, so I'd like to have a discussion regarding the lack of validity. Don't talk smack at me, as I am not at you.

C
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

I have worked with ESP before and had positive experiences, granted it was on several different non-LS platforms.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow72
Now we're getting to the heart of the problem; Don, if you don't know who is tuning cars for ESP (and the guy who tunes their LS cars, at least some of them, did not work for you), and it is your business, then how in the hell do all of these guys on this forum have anything to say about it.

I know that Justin had ESP work on his car and was unhappy, went to your place, had you guys do some work on his car (meth, some more boost, and the tune to go with it) and is now extremely happy with it. That's awesome, you guys got the guy the result he wanted, he's thrilled, and you have a stock longblock LS1 making 575 wheel that you can point to and say "we did that."

That's great, and you did it, but for guys (not your guys, but your customers) to say that ESP "f-ed up" Justin's car, and that when he went to you that "you retuned it and gained 100 wheel" is not true. He didn't have meth and wasn't running 12 pounds of boost when ESP had his car, so you made a huge gain over what they had done, but it wasn't the tune alone.

You do good work, you have nice cars out there, stand on that and tell your disciples to stop sh!tting on the competition, because that is NOT how you have to do it.

C
Where did this Justin thing come in? I never/ever said or pointed towards anything on Justins car. Never said we gained 100hp from there tuning. Maybe someone else is saying this, but not us at the shop.

From what I've been told- there is a kid named Mike tuning there. This person did work for me and does not anymore. Could be bad info but his website say's tuning at ESP.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow72
I apologize for the hijack, and I am not being a jerk to anyone, this:

is just not accurate, so I'd like to have a discussion regarding the lack of validity. Don't talk smack at me, as I am not at you.

C
No need to cry. I'm just saying I've heard both good and bad about their tunes. That's not to say they got better over time either. I'm stating the obvious which was people I know like the tune from Slowhawk over ESP. Again these are people I know this doesn't mean EVERYONE!!! Last I knew people have the right to state an opinion and that's what we are all doing.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Don, That was an example I have heard (again, not by you or your guys, or Justin, for that matter) of how you "fixed" something that ESP screwed up.

Again, not looking to start a war here and I have nothing against you work, ESP has never touched my car, you have never touched my car, I have no axe to grind except that I object to people telling third-hand bullshit stories about things that they don't understand.

If Mike O is the guy you're talking about, I find that interesting, as I don't believe he does work for them, but I could be wrong.

C

No need to cry
Seriously?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

So esp hasn't done any work on your car and you don't own or work for esp. so you have no idea about them but your hear speeking on there behalf? You apparently don't have a leg to stand on to be saying wether they are good or suck.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not the mike that owns the 2010.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had esp work on my car and had no problem. Granted there was no tune involved.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by My84Z
So esp hasn't done any work on your car and you don't own or work for esp. so you have no idea about them but your hear speeking on there behalf? You apparently don't have a leg to stand on to be saying wether they are good or suck.
Good point!

ESP has done work on my car (not LSX). The work was okay, but I didn't go to them for a tune either. I went some where else for my tune. I speak from my experience and others who have chosen not to go to ESP for their tunes but to Don instead. NOT A BIG DEAL!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

just throwing this out there, my buddy works at ESP and he knows his ****, he doesn't do tunes but he installs and builds, but I don't know the other guys who worK there. But Kevin is the man he's a knowledgeable guy. And I maybe going to see Don soon for a nice tune. And the guy that tunes for esp has a trans am or fire chicken.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

i guess for my experience with ESP they took really good care of my car ...i had alot of work done by them on my car ...the kid that worked on the car seemed to know what he was doing, i was very happy with the "work" done to my car. as for the power it made after the guy tuned it i excpected more power ....after that i did some research and came across don at slowhawk and told him what was done and he informed me that we can get alot more power with swapping a pulley adding meth and re tune ...he did state that the tune from ESP was not that bad and has seen others try to tune and are completely wrong. the only other problem with esp is that there dyno doesnt put a load on the car when being tuned They did a great job doing the work on my car and i a very picky person and they dealt with me fine as don cant attest to this but since i have met don and i trust what don says and when i tell him what route i should go with my car i take his word. so all in all ESP did a great install on my car but yes they are more imports but do have muscle cars there as well i dont know if that clears the air for anyone
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by danbud22ss
just throwing this out there, my buddy works at ESP and he knows his ****, he doesn't do tunes but he installs and builds, but I don't know the other guys who worK there. But Kevin is the man he's a knowledgeable guy. And I maybe going to see Don soon for a nice tune. And the guy that tunes for esp has a trans am or fire chicken.
kevin did the install on my car ..he did a great job the other guy you are talking about he only does some tunes ...with my car they brought someone else in for it
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what its worth Don did my cam and tune and it did 423 to the wheels. This was a m6 car and pulled 11s cam only junk 853 heads on a 10 bolt was impressive to me.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

As they say proof is in the pudding. We've seen the caliber out of slowhawks shop.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

I know Mike O he doesn't tune for ESP as far as I know. He may have used their dyno to tune a car there, but he doesn't work for them as far as I know, that dyno is fairly close to us. No different then me going to New England Dyno to tweak the tune on my car.

Don did the original tune on my car after he put the cam in, it made 436hp/408tq and has run 11.71 @ 3889lbs. I'd say thats ok for a cam only ls2.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

so you have no idea about them but your hear speeking on there behalf
Not speaking on their behalf, as I have no right or inclination to to that, but to say that I have no idea about them is incorrect.

I may not have articulated my point clearly at first, but am simply here to say that I think ESP knows what they're doing with LS cars and that all of the third-hand "my brother's dog's former owner's sister's cat heard that they do lousy tunes" comments are inappropriate; unless you had work done there, which you didn't like, or have direct knowledge of the same, don't trash someone's business.

Not the mike that owns the 2010.
OK, thanks

Justin and Dan, thanks for chiming in, as I think you know where I am coming from.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does ESP stand for?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Enhanced Street Performance