Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lt1 tuning in Rochester NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Lt1 tuning in Rochester NY

Anyone in the area familiar or knowledgable with jet dst or tuning lt1 motors? Just picked up the program because I figured the price was right and only 1 vin was used but not at all upto date on playing with programers and don't want to screw it up... Hell I'd even be willing to share the program if someone wants to tune their car as well
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

paging jolster
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaltech on long island uses DST on the OBDII LTx' car's.. Give him a call..
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a bit of a drive from where you are but I do them if you want to make the trip.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

What I'm trying to find I'd someone in the area that can help show the in and outs of tuning and that maybe wants to tune their own car in exchange.... I can bring my car to new era which is in my area for tuning if I choose to go that route and pay to have a tuner do it......
Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

new era is about 7-8 hours form you. I know there closer shops.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

actually new era is about 10-15 minutes from me...im in rochester for now till i re relocate back to brooklyn in the near future...i've already contacted mike which will be a deffanate option but right now i cant afford the price per hour tuning while using my own software which is why i'm trying to make a deal to either have someone teach and help me or to trade services for use of my program to tune another lt1 because i know part of it is the cost of the programmer as well so i figured if someone didnt want to drop the money on the programs to tune their lt1 and i have it but not the knowledge it could be a win win.....kinda got put in a crap situation and was supposed to deploy overseas but it fell through and then i had a death in the family so most of my time goes to help raising 3 small kids so my finance is stretched fairly thin while im back upstate and trying to find some work and all in the meantime when i can
Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Well now I'm open to having a shop do my tuning as well.... I'll have to wait to see what mike at new era says but at first he said he could tune my car now I'm hearing he doesn't do lt1s even if I provide the software so we will see but in the meantime any othe suggestions for anyone near Rochester ny?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Kaltechtuning is here on li.. Or contact Ed wright he's probably the best mail order guy on the planet ESP for ltx cars..
Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Already have a mail order in the car now... Trying to get it as dead nuts as possible on tune which is why I got the software because non to few shops have anything for a lt1.... Unfortunately won't be around LI for a few months so that wouldn't work right now
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by spcearle
Already have a mail order in the car now... Trying to get it as dead nuts as possible on tune which is why I got the software because non to few shops have anything for a lt1.... Unfortunately won't be around LI for a few months so that wouldn't work right now
Where's the mail order tune from? You can work with your tuner remotely to get it done.. What's wrong with the current tune?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

It's a madz28 tune from about 6 yrs ago.... The car runs fine on it but as everyone knows without constant scans and trials and a lot of email time a mail order tune is just a general tune with general specs added in... A dyno tune or street tune is better dialed in which is what I want.... No 2 engine builds are identical I bet I can build another motor exact to mine and it will run differently hence why some people have high numbers on stock and others have normal or factory numbers
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by spcearle
It's a madz28 tune from about 6 yrs ago.... The car runs fine on it but as everyone knows without constant scans and trials and a lot of email time a mail order tune is just a general tune with general specs added in... A dyno tune or street tune is better dialed in which is what I want.... No 2 engine builds are identical I bet I can build another motor exact to mine and it will run differently hence why some people have high numbers on stock and others have normal or factory numbers
I'm well aware of that. I do my own I'm just saying any of the great tuners can remote into your laptop and tune your car while sitting on their couch as long as the dyno place has a wifi connection.. Pretty simple..

Last edited by IllusionalTA; 08-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a friend that does dyno tunning on the side in syracuse... the only down side is his full time job has him travel so he can go weeks without being in town.... if youre interested shoot me a pm and ill get a hold of him and get an email address you can contact him at
Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

well im thinking im gonna have to contact kaltech after all since i'm not finding a tuner or even anyone that can help me locally and i have to head to li the first week of sept for army drills anyways....i thought i could have new era do it but one minute i'm told theyll do it with my software and then i show up in person to talk to them and they say they wont touch the lt1 at all now....on a side note i really liked that place better b4 all the new camaros came out in my opinion the whole shop and persona in that place changed huge ...hell i was dealing with them when they worked outta a small office room and now...(then again maybe i'm bitter because i had to buy 2 fuel pumps in ione day after the nipple snapped off the one from pulling the cap off and was told tough luck)
Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

New Era has changed alot. To be a high end shop you have to stay with the high end cars, most Lt1 cars are getting older and high miles, in NY there not gona be that nice. Back like 3-4 years when I was a tech there, even some LS1 cars were beaters. LS2 stuff was old too. And they just have a shop fire and had to move the WHOLE shop ASAP in a few days, The new shop is still getting the updates needed to be top notch with the best stuff. So ya it has changed a little this summer, but only to get better
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

hey i understand fully the whole growing and getting bigger thing ...where im disappointed is back in the days you could go in discuss stuff and get real input from themnow i go in there to set up a tune and am told we dont touch lt1s which is fine but i say to mike you sent me an email reply sying you could and then pretty much tells me he never did and then sits there ignoring me like im not even there ...then i buy a fuel pump wait a week for it to get in go to pull the cap off and the nipple snaps...turn around head back over there and am told we've seen that a hundred times you need to cut it off or it will break which all the ones i did itnever ever did and was told sorry itis what it is we ispect everyone and yours was fine and give no alternative but to buy another not even offering a break or anything ...like i said is what it is but just diappointed is all in seeing the route they are moving towards
Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
Kaltech on long island uses DST on the OBDII LTx' car's.. Give him a call..
This. My LT1 hawk was tuned by Brian at Kaltech.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah back from the dead but glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed that place tanked it big time.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

What place?

Quick Reply: Lt1 tuning in Rochester NY