Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pacesetter ory vs tsp ory

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter ory vs tsp ory

a friend of mine is looking to get rid of the rasp from her exhaust. She as of the moment has pacesetter LTs pacesetter ory and slp lm 1. She IS. Taking the lm1 off. I suggested the tsp ory with the magnaflow 4in dual tips. Has anyon done this or know someone who has done this? Maybe see if it has any rasp? Aaaand if that tsp ory with the upgraded merge actualy makes any difference?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She could swap out the LM1 resonator for an LM2 muffler. Should cut down the rasp a bit without losing much volume. Or swap in a Borla XR1 to cut the volume down.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

She doesn't wanna do that. She was looking at corsa or magnaflow. Does the merge on the tsp ory make any difference in the rasp?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

No point in swapping the Y pipe, just ditch the LM and get the magnaflow. Every magnaflow catback i've heard with LT's has sounded awesome.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

swapping y pipes should help a little with the rasp due to the pacesetter y being garbage and the tsp y has a better merge. Personaly i have bbk lt/ory w/ a magnaflow and i love it. even for an ory setup its fairly quiet but opens up nice at wot.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

the corsa with lt's is very raspy...
Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just switched from the old tsp y to the new stainless tsp y. I already have the magnaflow. It does sound nice.

Here is a sound clip with the magnaflow/tsp y. Cutout open then closed. Granted I have a cam, but you should get the idea.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Justin that sounds awesome I'm def gonna show her. Do u think that the tsp ory made any difference?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Not too much but its a lot better than the old style that didn't have a real merge
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive owned both TSP ory, and i recently added a 3 to 4" flowmaster merge. The TSP was raspy as hell and after adding the flowmaster merge it still has rasp, less but it still has it. If the TSP ory was raspy for me i can only imagine how shitty the pacesetter must sound. But of the two id get the TSP ory.

BTW the only thing that KILLS rasp is a muffler and or cat, the whole merge **** is very exagerated, ive pretty much debunked that. From switching my exhaust. More than likely your muffler is the reason why its raspy get a magnaflow muffler or something.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah that's what I told her. Get the tsp ory, put a magnaflow on hit. Put ur cut out in and call it a day
Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both and I can tell you the TSP ORY will not work on a car that's lowered at all. Even on a stock ride height car it'll likely scrape on driveways. It doesn't have any spots where it's flattened for more clearance like the Pacesetter ORY. Another thing about TSP's is it's a BITCH to install, and very prone to leaks from all the points where it's clamped together. It comes in like 4 pieces whereas the Pacesetter is 2 pieces. Much happier with the Pacesetter here even though it's not stainless and lacks a proper merge.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Latch
I've had both and I can tell you the TSP ORY will not work on a car that's lowered at all. Even on a stock ride height car it'll likely scrape on driveways. It doesn't have any spots where it's flattened for more clearance like the Pacesetter ORY. Another thing about TSP's is it's a BITCH to install, and very prone to leaks from all the points where it's clamped together. It comes in like 4 pieces whereas the Pacesetter is 2 pieces. Much happier with the Pacesetter here even though it's not stainless and lacks a proper merge.
Which version TSP ORY do you have? I have the V2 and it has NEVER scraped even at the lowest point. My car is stock height though. But you are correct it was a PITA to install, it fit like **** and the clamps were ****, best bet is to get it welded together and leave the 2 decent clamps for the headers.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
Which version TSP ORY do you have? I have the V2 and it has NEVER scraped even at the lowest point. My car is stock height though. But you are correct it was a PITA to install, it fit like **** and the clamps were ****, best bet is to get it welded together and leave the 2 decent clamps for the headers.
I had the latest stainless version. My car is lowered maybe a little over an inch and it scraped EVERYWHERE...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Latch
I had the latest stainless version. My car is lowered maybe a little over an inch and it scraped EVERYWHERE...
Damn thats crazy, i just had my car packed with people today and i didn't have an issue at the parkinglot i was at or over speed bumps. Hmmm its scrapes on the driver side pipe right?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

I live in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA and I don't know about you guy's but the roads/highways out here are HORRIBLE!! I am looking at buying TSP LT 1 7/8 headers and either the TSP ORY or the Pacesetter. I would like the both of best worlds and have the stainless, but I don't think it would be an option out here in VA... even If I am only stationed out here for 1 more year, I would be cursing like a Sailor every where I went! Plus for $155 shipped I can always buy another!

Quick Reply: Pacesetter ory vs tsp ory