Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

June 1, 2013 NY to mandate California catalytic converter emissions standard

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation June 1, 2013 NY to mandate California catalytic converter emissions standard

Beginning June 1, 2013 for the subject model year vehicles, all catalytic converter replacements shall be either an original equipment replacement part or a California certified new aftermarket catalytic converter. Used, salvaged, or recycled catalytic converters cannot be installed after June 1, 2013 on any vehicle.

so uh, i got an email that pointed me to this page for information on NY getting stricter on near future catalytic converter sales and installs. This sucks as I'm not ready to purchase yet, was thinking next year and now that just got less appealing.
as No non factory or not California emissions compliant cats:
No purchasing used/uncertified cats
No installing such cats

$500 minimum fine

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/87411.html
Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no big deal really. doesnt say the state is going to a sniffer like california has for emissions..... its just a catalytic converter. we all know shops that you can go to that over look certain things. and if your car is tuned it shouldnt throw any codes for no cats.

hell ive only been here in new york for about a yr and know a few ships that will pass my car.

and my car has a MS3 in it no cats, no air or egr. as im sure most people have deleted those things.

just pass the OBDII and you'll be ok on the visual

Quick Reply: June 1, 2013 NY to mandate California catalytic converter emissions standard