Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone in the Delaware area that can help with my swap? I'm at witts end!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone in the Delaware area that can help with my swap? I'm at witts end!

1990 silverado 5.3 /700r4 having electrical problems with no gauges working besides volt and oil pressure. Stock gauges, and a psi conversion wiring. Already talked to jon and we just cannot figure why they are not working. Plus on top of this my truck with the TV cable is just not right. It does not have any passing gears if I WOT it. The cable has been adjusted to where its at its best position but again still nothing on passing. And yes I have all gears in the gears none have been lost.

The guy that does work for me is a old school guy and he just needs someone who's into these swaps to take over.

I just need some answer to why things aren't working right. I really don't want to have wasted 3k into this swap and have no reason why .
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Was this truck for sale a few months back (before the swap) ? As for the gauges theres a member in the carbed LS section whose username is zones89rs I believe, he is a moderator for the section. Hes done a 4.8 swap on a gmt400 truck that was originally TBI and I remember he had some issues with the gauges as well but i believe he got them all figutred out. might want to shoot him a PM and see if he can help.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OnlyACamaroCanbeAZ28
Was this truck for sale a few months back (before the swap) ? As for the gauges theres a member in the carbed LS section whose username is zones89rs I believe, he is a moderator for the section. Hes done a 4.8 swap on a gmt400 truck that was originally TBI and I remember he had some issues with the gauges as well but i believe he got them all figutred out. might want to shoot him a PM and see if he can help.
Awesome thanks man! And yea I had it up on craigslist few months ago. Gas mileage was killing me so I was ready to sell it lol.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
Awesome thanks man! And yea I had it up on craigslist few months ago. Gas mileage was killing me so I was ready to sell it lol.

okay thought it looked familiar. I'm a big gmt400 pick-up fan and work in Newark so always see it parked in the food lion parking lot. Let me know if you ever need any parts for it, always got a few parts trucks sitting around.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

okay thought it looked familiar. I'm a big gmt400 pick-up fan and work in Newark so always see it parked in the food lion parking lot. Let me know if you ever need any parts for it, always got a few parts trucks sitting around.
Shhhh! Not a job worth telling everyone where I work lol. And yea I am trying to be done with it. Went way over budget on this and my Monte Carlo ( the toy) needs attention badly! Horrible I have 2000+ dollars worth of parts laying in my room just waiting lol
Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
Shhhh! Not a job worth telling everyone where I work lol. And yea I am trying to be done with it. Went way over budget on this and my Monte Carlo ( the toy) needs attention badly! Horrible I have 2000+ dollars worth of parts laying in my room just waiting lol
LOL yeah thats how projects are though. Id like to eventually swap over a 6.0 into my 93 lowered RCSB so if I do ill hit you up, sure youd have some advice for me
Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL yeah thats how projects are though. Id like to eventually swap over a 6.0 into my 93 lowered RCSB so if I do ill hit you up, sure youd have some advice for me
First thing I'd say is to invest in a newer trans. Utilizing 700r4 and a TV cable has been the worst for this swap. Everything besides the guages work great besides the TV cable still seems like it has more adjustment .

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Delaware area that can help with my swap? I'm at witts end!