Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ticket in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's just it in Texas if the officer writes a ticket then he has to show up in court and the ticket can go on ur record if found guilty!! But if they have you on video then nobody has to show up in court and you are liable to pay the fine unless u get an attorney to dispute it for you in which case it's very hard to win and they usually ask you to plead guilty for a lower fine. Depending on the price of ur attorney and the fine is the question if u just pay it or not. Like I said here the video tickets don't go against ur record so if u can just pay a few $$ and walk, COOL COOL!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad Scuba
That's just it in Texas if the officer writes a ticket then he has to show up in court and the ticket can go on ur record if found guilty!! But if they have you on video then nobody has to show up in court and you are liable to pay the fine unless u get an attorney to dispute it for you in which case it's very hard to win and they usually ask you to plead guilty for a lower fine. Depending on the price of ur attorney and the fine is the question if u just pay it or not. Like I said here the video tickets don't go against ur record so if u can just pay a few $$ and walk, COOL COOL!!
Guess I will just have to wait and see if one comes. I don't mind paying for a ticket when I'm in the wrong. I was just under the impression that wreck less driving fines carry a heavy price and a lot of points possibly even immediate suspension of license.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lmao...you were just having a little fun, don't let your wife, a cop, or anybody else tell you that's wrong. If you're willing to take responsibility for the outcome and you're not hurting anybody or causing anybody else monetary loss, who the hell cares and why?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Launching!

You're in Big Trouble MR.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
You're in Big Trouble MR.
Haha why do you say this?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02fbody35th
Guess I will just have to wait and see if one comes. I don't mind paying for a ticket when I'm in the wrong. I was just under the impression that wreck less driving fines carry a heavy price and a lot of points possibly even immediate suspension of license.
I had a reckless driving ticket years ago for street racing and yes I lost my license for 1 year plus big $ fine. Hope yours was just a scare.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

If you get one for reckless driving dont mess around get a lawyer. I thought I had my drag racing charge covered by making some calls to people in high places and they messed that up. 30 day loss of license was heading my way until I got a lawyer. He had me out of it in two days and I ended up with $500 bill and hundred dollar fine. I REPEAT GET A LAWYER IF ITS A CRIMINAL CHARGE It will cost less in the long run. You could also try talking to the owner and tell him what an idiot your are for doing it, maybe he will have sympathy.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My guess is the officer referred the movie theatre manager to the commissioners office to file the charge. In that case they will mail the summons to you. You might get lucky and the manager wont feel like going through the hassle. Did you leave marks on the pavement?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
My guess is the officer referred the movie theatre manager to the commissioners office to file the charge. In that case they will mail the summons to you. You might get lucky and the manager wont feel like going through the hassle. Did you leave marks on the pavement?
I don't think I left marks. It was pretty wet
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking the "cop" was a security guard rent a cop. He has no power over that ****.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

YOU did a donut ....in a parking lot!!!!!!!!! How could you do such a crazy thing!

THE WORLD IS GONNA END NOW BECAUSE OF THIS........huh?
Old 07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Launching!

It is terrible that the world has come to the point that a little harmless fun leads to so much ****. You were in an empty (I assume) parking lot and didn't hurt anyone or anything. As a teen I did a bunch of donuts in a gravel lot at the local amphitheater. The manager caught me and made me rake the gravel out. That sucked, but it was fair.

I say if it is just a fine, pay it and learn your lesson. Take responsibility, it is bullshit, but it is the law. If they want to nail you to the wall and cost you a fortune with reckless driving charges and the such, contact a lawyer.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got pulled over for reckless driving a few months ago. He caught new doing a pull, clocked me at 81 in a 45, after I was showing down. Pulled me over and have me a warning for my rejection sticker at the time (taillight and a bad turn signal socket).

Got a lawyer, took a driver's improvement course which, since it was optional, added good points to my record. I would've had to take the same course regardless since I'm under 21, and it wouldn't have added points if it was required.

Long story short I told my lawyer I had to take a **** and was in a rush and didn't realize my speed was so high LOL.

Told the lawyer the same story, someone in court laughed as I told it but instead of getting 6 points on my license, a long suspension, high fines, etc, I got improper driving and a $100 fine, plus I got good points from the improvement course.

Point is, if you get a ticket it will be reckless driving. Get a lawyer, take it very seriously, do whatever you can to look good and remorseful in court. At the end of the day in your case if it went to court I couldn't see you getting anything other than reckless driving, donuts is different from speeding. Hopefully where you did it, there were no cars or people spectating.

Good luck, hopefully he was bluffing.

Quick Reply: Ticket in the mail