Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ticket in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ticket in the mail

So I did something stupid the other night. I was with my bro going to see a movie and the theater lot was wide open. The ground was wet so I decided to do a donut. Now I know it was stupid and I got enough grief from my wife for it so please don't add to it haha. Anyways after the donut I pulled into a parking spot and a cop came up with his lights on and gave me hell. He came back with my license and registration and said that the theater owner wanted me ticketed and it would be in the mail. So I never heard of getting a ticket in the mail. Has this happened to anyone or was this just his way of letting me go with a warning?. And if so what kind of fine am I looking at? Should I fight it? I was told by a friend that if I fought it that the owner of the theater would have to go to court as well as the officer and have proof of my actions. What you guys think?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pay it and shut up, that was a ricer move right there.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. Also there is no "ticket" they can give you since it i private property only thing he could have done was callthe cops and had you busted for destruction of property or vandalism.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

Here we go. No reason to be a dick! I'm sure you have never done a stupid *** thing in your car right? If you don't have any experiences to relate keep your opinions to your self
Old 07-13-2013, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by My84Z
I wouldn't worry about it. Also there is no "ticket" they can give you since it i private property only thing he could have done was callthe cops and had you busted for destruction of property or vandalism.
Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking the same thing. That they would have to have complained and ticketed me on the spot.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Launching!

I think it was a scare, the cop was there with you why wouldnt he have just given it to you?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rennat_2006
I think it was a scare, the cop was there with you why wouldnt he have just given it to you?
I hope so. He sure scared me. I know a wreck less driving fine can be steep. I will never do that again
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM

if he was gonna give u a ticket he would have done it right there.....
Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

If you get a ticket in the mail, mail them back a picture of the amount of $$$ to cover it
Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by supersick99z
If you get a ticket in the mail, mail them back a picture of the amount of $$$ to cover it
Haha I was thinking maybe I should mail them Monopoly money
Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by C5kid
Pay it and shut up, that was a ricer move right there.
^ This is right on. (Gotta give you Grief )

Years ago i did something similar. Cop caught me gave me a bunch of ****, but let me go. At first i was upset about, but then later realized it was my own fault for doing something so damn STUPID.

But as far as a ticket goes. You wont get one, it was private property. I think the worst that can happen is the owner would have to take you to court, to get you to have to clean up or fix what ever rubber you laid down or asphalt you took up.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by grimspyder
^ This is right on. (Gotta give you Grief )

Years ago i did something similar. Cop caught me gave me a bunch of ****, but let me go. At first i was upset about, but then later realized it was my own fault for doing something so damn STUPID.

But as far as a ticket goes. You wont get one, it was private property. I think the worst that can happen is the owner would have to take you to court, to get you to have to clean up or fix what ever rubber you laid down or asphalt you took up.
I agree it was stupid! Haha I'm deffinatly not a ricer though. I don't drive around Reving at people acting stupid on the street. I take it to the track. Guess I just had a moment of weakness. Thanks for your expierence though
Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

if any certified mail comes refuse it LOL.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Teching In

In Texas if the officer didn't see you do it then he really can't write you a ticket.

But if they have you on camera then they can mail you a ticket. The store owner could be setup to send pic's to the D.M.V. Which in our case would be Austin and then they mail you out a ticket. It doesn't go against your record though so everybody down here just pays the ticket and moves on thankful that an officer didn't write them one.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Some states are required to mail the ticket if you have out of state tags (PA for example), and it usually takes 10 days or so. Like the posters above though, I would have to agree that while we've all done something stupid to just sum it up to lessons learned and pay the fine; especially if they have it on film.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Some malls in the Houston area are setup to take pic's for the DMV, mostly at red lights outside there property but they also have some around the property that they use to write tickets and issue warrants. All they need is a bank/Federal bldg, State bldg or county office of some kid on the property and it is no longer private property.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Teching In

I found this out by doing some stupid things myself some years back. I received TICKETS in the mail!! totaling over $3k. I was pissed off at first but ended up just paying them for being a dumbass and getting caught. I think of all the stupid things I did and didn't get caught and it makes it all better!! LMAO
Old 07-14-2013, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Cmon man...can't expect not to catch some grief posting up in a public forum. Just consider it your big brother bustin ur *****. Just bc u know its stupid doesn't exempt u from ball bustin...lol.
I doubt it'll come...if the cop was too lazy to write it on the spot than it isn't gonna spend time later to write it. He was just trying to scare ya.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=TNTramair;17543913]Cmon man...can't expect not to catch some grief posting up in a public forum. Just consider it your big brother bustin ur *****. Just bc u know its stupid doesn't exempt u from ball bustin...lol.
I doubt it'll come...if the cop was too lazy to write it on the spot than it isn't gonna spend time later to write it. He was just trying to scare ya.[/QUOTE. Thanks. I love how you referred to the cop as a it. Haha not sure if you did that on purpose or not
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Yes a police officer can mail you a citation the same way you can get a ticket in the mail for the red light cameras. Please dont think doing these things on private property is a scapegoat. In most states this is considered reckless driving and is criminal (officer decretion allows an arrest to be made or a court summon to be issued in the form of a traffic citation). I agree the citation probably wont come(mentioned to shut the owner up), but if it does the officer will be the only one needed to testify if he observed the infraction. The theatre owner will be icing on the cake in the court room for the judge.

Quick Reply: Ticket in the mail