Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Don Kirlin's 5th Annual Deep Creek Cruise Sat Aug 17th

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Don Kirlin's 5th Annual Deep Creek Cruise Sat Aug 17th

Not sure if ive ever posted one of these on here but I figured maybe some of you may be intrested. This is an event a friend of mine Don Kirlin started 5 years ago. Its a great time and fun for any type of car enthusiast. In the years past weve had everything from Nissan 240s to Lamborghinis and Ferraris, all are welcome. Usually have a pretty good GM late model turnout as well. Heres the info Don posted on WV Shift Driving Events, ill add in a few things.

No rain date.
Meet at 9:00 AM at Chick-Fil-A side parking lot at VA I 81 exit 317
(Market Street, Winchester VA)
Depart at 9:45 AM
Please be topped off & ready to go.
Cruise will be through scenic WV.
(Stop off at Romney WV for bathroom break).
Return home via MD highways.
I have reserved UNO's party room at Deep Creek Lake in Oakland MD.
Photo op at scenic overlook after we eat. Please RSVP at WV shift. Those who have my phone number may contact me directly. Please be courteous to other drivers.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Let's have some fun.

Heres some additional details not covered on WV Shift. Although I don't know the exact route details I can tell you from my best recollection we take 50 up most of the way and there's some amazingly fun twistys along the way. I will say that if your cars a full on drag car or a trailer queen you probably wont enjoy yourself on this. The route involves some pretty technical corners and alot of hill climbing and descending. I attempted to bring my T/A 2 years ago and it was about all she could take. We try to keep the driving relatively spirited while keeping with in the bounds of the law. Keep in mind its not a race and it will be many different types of cars and drivers with varying levels of driving skill. Right now about 20 cars are confirmed definite. This event usually takes the better part of the day so if your on a time constraint be warned.

I apologize for the short notice but I figured it was worth a post. If your interested just let me know on here or pm me. Hope to see some of you make the trip!

Quick Reply: Don Kirlin's 5th Annual Deep Creek Cruise Sat Aug 17th