Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

anyone have experience with wilson performance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default anyone have experience with wilson performance?

hey guys i live in upstate ny, i am having a bit of trouble with my 2000 z28 after heads cam and intake swap, i absolutely refuse to take my vehicle to new era performance after all the bad experiences ive had with them, i found wilsons performance thats in this area. the owner rick was very personable but im not sure if any of you have had your car done there or have heard good things?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

How far are you from Mikey at Rapid? He is good
Old 11-26-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to far lol im about 6 hours from there. thats why im looking at wilson performance they are they next closest shop besides new era performance.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you need to fix the problems on your car before you can get it tuned.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the problem you're having, who did the install?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by studderin
you need to fix the problems on your car before you can get it tuned.

hence why im looking for a shop to fix and tune it.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
What's the problem you're having, who did the install?
I did a heads cam and intake swap in april, went to have it tuned, was told there was a massive vacuum leak possibly from ls6 intake, left the shop and car actually can worse than when i brought it there. took intake off found no damage to intake and replaced gaskets again to be sure there were no leaks. have been trying to figure out whats wrong with it ever since.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Default Wp

A friend of mine had is car tuned there ('98 GSX) and they did a pretty good job. Overall the shop seems to be pretty good. He let us take a tour and answered any questions we had. When I pulled up in my WS6, he asked if he would have the honor to be working on it. His son seems to be geared towards the tuner crowd, while the father seems to like the muscle. While we were there, he had a S/C mustang he was working on as well as some other cars waiting their turn. Personally, I will be taking my car there for a tune and any other upgrades I can't tackle on my own.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had great luck with New Era, he did my first cam install and then tuned my car with my new setup. Always ran great after.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hope you fine the problem. I dont know anything about your car, but also check the vacuum line on the back of the intake, runs in the engine harness to a vacuum resivor (black plastic looking, holds vaccume for the HVAC ducts) thats under the passage frame rail next to the radiator area. And the power booster hose, and booster. Evap line and nipple off the intake.
did newera hook up to the pcm and see it had a vacuum leak or hear it whistle or something?
Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

***************Removed Non-sponsor info******************

-admin
Old 01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by studderin
hope you fine the problem. I dont know anything about your car, but also check the vacuum line on the back of the intake, runs in the engine harness to a vacuum resivor (black plastic looking, holds vaccume for the HVAC ducts) thats under the passage frame rail next to the radiator area. And the power booster hose, and booster. Evap line and nipple off the intake.
did newera hook up to the pcm and see it had a vacuum leak or hear it whistle or something?

honestly i dont know what mike did he literally spent five min on it and came out and told me he couldnt tune it. he didnt bother to look into it. i have gone through the entire motor and cannot hear anything or see anything (used carb cleaner) so as of right now i just want the car to get fixed and tuned so im most likely bringing it to wilson performance.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madellous
A friend of mine had is car tuned there ('98 GSX) and they did a pretty good job. Overall the shop seems to be pretty good. He let us take a tour and answered any questions we had. When I pulled up in my WS6, he asked if he would have the honor to be working on it. His son seems to be geared towards the tuner crowd, while the father seems to like the muscle. While we were there, he had a S/C mustang he was working on as well as some other cars waiting their turn. Personally, I will be taking my car there for a tune and any other upgrades I can't tackle on my own.
i think i am going to end up going to him to get my car straightened out i just hope he is good at tuning ls1's... we will see
Old 01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Please post your experience with Wilson after you get your work done. I live 10 minutes down the street and would be interested in hearing about how it went. I'm hoping to build a turbo LQ4 this year and know I'll need someone to tune it.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by battmann
Please post your experience with Wilson after you get your work done. I live 10 minutes down the street and would be interested in hearing about how it went. I'm hoping to build a turbo LQ4 this year and know I'll need someone to tune it.
yea ill def let you know, once i find out what my tax return is the car is getting trailered over there. they do alot of turbo stuff over there too when i was there last they had three cars there all for custom turbos.

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with wilson performance?