Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Cruising OC 2014, whos going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really hope to make it this year, car was on jack stands each time last year. Just waiting on the fuel system and a tune and the car should be ready to roll!
Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of y'all this time.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ringmaster72
http://www.wmdt.com/story/24420773/o...pick-up-trucks

On one hand, I would be glad if that would get the stupid *** diesels out. Although there are some people that arent jackasses in diesels...
That's the law in Maryland but it was not in ocean city, not until now I guess. weird how a law can be like that all for except one town. Good thing they have changed that though, its only a matter of time before some drunk is going to fall out of one of those trucks and get run over.

On the other hand though, anybody know of any cheap hotels? Cant stand spending globs of money to sleep for just 4-5 hours in a room. I don't even care if its in the beginning of ocean city.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OnlyACamaroCanbeAZ28
That's the law in Maryland but it was not in ocean city, not until now I guess. weird how a law can be like that all for except one town. Good thing they have changed that though, its only a matter of time before some drunk is going to fall out of one of those trucks and get run over.

On the other hand though, anybody know of any cheap hotels? Cant stand spending globs of money to sleep for just 4-5 hours in a room. I don't even care if its in the beginning of ocean city.
We're staying at the Carousel this year, it's expensive, but well worth it because they have a nice parking garage. Plus all the action happens around there.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ringmaster72
http://www.wmdt.com/story/24420773/o...pick-up-trucks

On one hand, I would be glad if that would get the stupid *** diesels out. Although there are some people that arent jackasses in diesels...
I'm super bummed over this. I had some of the most fun down there riding around in a bed. The number of races n burnouts you can talk people into is amazing.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Damn the jackasses in the diesel trucks were the best part lol.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OnlyACamaroCanbeAZ28

Actually last spring we saw some jackass fall out of a lifted chevy... best part was his friends didnt even notice and he got up and ran after them and they left his *** standing there. Once we knew he wasnt hurt it was hysterical (ok... i was laughing before I knew he was ok but tell me you wouldnt have). Ill have to look back through and find the pics, I dont think I have him actually falling but I do have a few of him in full sprint yelling at his friends.

On a side note we gotta cruise again man! The fall shenanigans were a blast. Had some good pics of your car on Lethal but didnt have your info to tag you.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my group and I (theres I think 10 of us) are staying at the holiday inn express for most of us this will be our first time (including mine) excited as hell tho our cars are:
my 1998 t/a
2000 t/a
4 or 5 GTOs
2 G8s
and a Jeep SRT8

absolutely cannot wait
Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Yall will love it. Rain or not, it always ends up being a great time!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Teching In

trying like hell to have my notch done!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

booked our room at seabay. same room every year. already excited
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
booked our room at seabay. same room every year. already excited
What's it averaging to stay there? It's about $500 at the carousel for Thursday and Friday night and that's a little much for the fact we will be there for 5 hours a night lol.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 AM
Teching In

we all going to try and get a meet up spot and cruise alittle? Crank comes in tomorrow then its off to balancing so i can assemble. cannot wait to see how this little old 5.3 feels!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a little early to start planning meeting spots and cruises...when we get to about a month away than it'll be ideal...most people will have made up their minds about going etc and it'll be easier to plan. too much can change in 4 months.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

im all about setting up a meet. We had a pretty good one in the fall.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

I have a question for some of you guys that have been before.This would be my first time going and im looking at a place on 128th and costal highway, wondering if this would be a good spot?
Old 01-16-2014, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06SpiceRed
I have a question for some of you guys that have been before.This would be my first time going and im looking at a place on 128th and costal highway, wondering if this would be a good spot?
If you are interested in street action I'd say yes. Typically isn't as congested up that way either above 80th street. You would only be 5 blocks up from Hooters, and lets face it Hooters on 123rd is the happening place all weekend day & night. Usually I chill at Hooters in the evening, then go cruising after 9:30-10 when all the local traffic dies off.

Absolutely can't wait, don't know where I'm staying at yet since I usually don't book until sometime in Feb and depends on Hotel pricing & what's left.

I actually miss all the old York & Oxford crew banter in these Cruisin' week threads. Made for interesting reading & some laughs.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:01 AM
TECH Resident

agreed with the above, thats where most of the street action is... the lower streets are fun if you want boardwalk access and all that stuff (which is what we would do when wed bring the wives/girlfriends along so they have something to occupy them while we were out cruising). Honestly though in my opinion I'd much rather be up near wawa and the carousel and just cruise down to the lower streets when im making laps. If your gonna stay on the lower streets Spinaker right around 17-18 is always wild... lotta burnout action there... lotta cops too though
Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info . Ill be coming down with wife and kids so i guess i would need to be closer to the boardwalk,with that being said what about parking with a trailer and it being safe?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well there is some street parking along Baltimore Ave in front of what ever hotel you are staying just about, I've seen trailers parked in various municipal parking lots, side streets, and etc. For all the trailers I've seen parked they've all just sat quiet the entire weekend with no one bothering them or stealing them. Some of the other guys can tell you more since a some of them trailer their car down.

Below Division street there has been not much action the past couple of years but at same time the traffic is lighter from the Inlet to 1st street heading north.

17th-18th street was fairly dead during the day and evening hours last year, though there seemed to be some burnouts after like 11pm going on in the area. There was a lot of action down between say 2nd thru 10th street though in the afternoon and evening. If you're a first timer going down there just keep your eyes out for all the Buford T. Juctice wannabe Smokey's, Lance Armstong bike cops, and a couple Mountie's.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
What's it averaging to stay there? It's about $500 at the carousel for Thursday and Friday night and that's a little much for the fact we will be there for 5 hours a night lol.
I got from thrus-sunday for $380 plus $50 gift card to secrets. we stay there every year. a quick phone call to them and its all done. same room every year too.

I believe if you do it online you will be around 425 from thrus-sunday without any calling or other discounts.

Quick Reply: Cruising OC 2014, whos going?