any GM techs

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default any GM techs

Not an LS problem....
Any techs ever heard/seen this problem?
Had my 08 Mailbu at alignment shop, and while it was on the rack, the battery went dead. The guy jumped it and ever since then, the TPMS & the remotes quit working.
I found the bulletin below and it describes my situation exactly.
Is there any quick ways or tricks to fix this myself, or am I going to have to go to a dealer?

08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 2008)

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2® could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 182 Likes on 141 Posts

GM tech here. If you know someone with a tech II and a tpm sensor relearn tool then no you don't need to go to the dealer otherwise you most likely need to. You need the tech II to reprogram the key fobs and obviously the tool to relearn the tpm's. Most likely you will get charged a hour to do both which sucks
Old 01-29-2014, 05:18 AM
TECH Regular

I went back to the alignment shop the next day after I realized this stuff quit working. He said they could do the TPMS relearn with the SnapOn equipment they had, but when he tried, it told him the "module" wasn't installed.
He called "someone at GM" and they told him to unhook the battery cables and hold them together to completely drain the voltage.
It didn't work.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

holding the cables together is suppose to reset the ecm thats all which i could have told you would have been pointless. The car was not jumped incorrectly correct?? Also it says right in the bulletin that you posted from GM to relearn the RCDLR (remote control door lock recievers) Once the remotes are reprogrammed you should be able to relearn the tpms. For the tpms to be relearned the key fobs need to be working unless you have a tech II.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol wow love getting tire shop screw ups , the tpms system may not relearn if they broke a sensor . that or they arent putting the car into learn mode . make sure fuses arent blown . if i were u i would go to dealer and have it fixed then bring the slip to the tire place and make them pay for it
Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah that was the plan and they're not fighting me on it at all. They want to know happened and how to fix it.
So...appt at Chev dealer this morning after the alignment shop and myself talked to them earlier this week. In other words, they knew I was coming and what the problem was.
Assured me it was a 30min job. No problem.
Wrong
Picked it up with the excuse that they only had oil change techs working Saturday and they couldn't figure it out. Very frustrating but I need to get it fixed. Made the appt with a "Master tech" this week.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt want to come out and point fingers at another shop before the problem was solved for you but we get stuff like this in every week from outside shops. Hopefully they fix it for you and you dont have any further issues
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28SteveA4
GM tech here. If you know someone with a tech II and a tpm sensor relearn tool then no you don't need to go to the dealer otherwise you most likely need to. You need the tech II to reprogram the key fobs and obviously the tool to relearn the tpm's. Most likely you will get charged a hour to do both which sucks

Hey man the bulletin says the Rcdlr needs to be reflashed .........
I've seen it several times ... Just kinda like its brains fell out ....
Take it to the dealer have them reflashed your Rcdlr and learn the moniters. ...
Good luck
I would say 1 hours labor charge
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28SteveA4
I didnt want to come out and point fingers at another shop before the problem was solved for you but we get stuff like this in every week from outside shops. Hopefully they fix it for you and you dont have any further issues
we see it allllll the time as well man

Quick Reply: any GM techs