Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LS1 Tuner in MD.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004 | 02:58 PM
Launching!

The car made 438 on one pull. Then Jeff tried something and it took a nose dive. It started to dip real bad at 5300 and 6200 i beleive. He then told me he put it back to when it made 438. But it still does this dip at the track. So i guess he never put it back to where it was. Jeff made 12 or 14 pulls. Is that alot or is it just me. I will come down to m.i.r but unfortunately to watch. I was told not to run the car anymore the way it was. Maybe i will find somebody to tune it by then but i doubt it. It would have been tuned on that friday before m.i.r but not anymore. So i think i am **** out of luck.
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did Mikey from Rapid Motorsports actually say he wasn't tuning your car due to this thread and/or because peeps from FBC asked him not to ??

OR are you just assuming this ??
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:37 PM
Launching!

Mikey sent me a pm and said he would not tune my car because of this thread and because he is friends with Jason and wanted to keep it that way.
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:41 PM
Launching!

I thought that was a little harsh considering i was just giving Mikey respect for what he does.
Old 05-22-2004 | 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Goinbroke, there are good shops, and there are good customers. When a shop doesn't stand behind their work, which FBC hast tried to do, their business suffers. When an individual is a bad customer, shops may want to work on that individuals car.....................................

Bruce
Old 05-22-2004 | 10:20 PM
Launching!

I know they want more time with the car to try and get it right. My opinion is that it wouldn't make a difference. I know everybody has a different opinion but that is mine and i think i am entitled to it being that it is my car and no one else's. In this post everybody says to give them more chances, how is it that i don't even get one? Buisness is buisness and usually you keep the personal stuff aside. I knew that Mikey new the people at fbc but that doesn't mean that i would say (hey Mikey, you know Jason so i don't want you to tune my car). Would it be fair to Mikey if i did that? No. Cause i didn't even give him a chance. Everybody is entitled to thier opinion, but it seems i am not.
Old 05-23-2004 | 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Goingbroke...just out of curiosity...do you have Atap? If so can you tell me what your IAC counts are? I'm betting just opening up the bypass hole in the throttle body blade will cure your idle issues.
Old 05-23-2004 | 07:29 AM
Launching!

I wish i did have atap. That is why i asked Jeff for the logs but never recieved them.
Old 05-23-2004 | 08:58 AM

From an outside view as i see this......

1. you are unhappy with the tuning, and want a refund, FBC asked for a second chance to adjust the tune you dont want to let them retune the car thats fine, but you want the refund they say ok come to the shop and they will reflash your old tune in the car and give you your $$ back, problem solved as i see it??????

2. they let you use a ASP pulley till yours came in and now that you have yours and are unhappy with the tuning you will not return the pulley??? WTF is that??? on this as i see it you are 100% WRONG and should return the pulley!!!

correct me if i missed something
Old 05-23-2004 | 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I actually agree with CHEF.There might be more to the story than I see though.As a tuner myself,some cars need alot more work than others with the same exact setup.I've had some cars back 2-3 times to adjust minor problems which is normal for tuning.
Good luck and hope the car turns out the way you want it.
Old 05-23-2004 | 10:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I actually agree with CHEF.There might be more to the story than I see though.As a tuner myself,some cars need alot more work than others with the same exact setup.I've had some cars back 2-3 times to adjust minor problems which is normal for tuning.
Good luck and hope the car turns out the way you want it.
I appreciate that. That is what it is really about. The car. I think too many personal feelings got involved in this. I agree with chef when he says (you need to deal with Jeff directly). I never bashed fbc until Jeff jumped on my thread and bashed me. Of course i am going to defend myself. I think anybody would. But i don't agree with chef, when he says give them a second chance. I already did. Maybe they needed more chances but i was never told that they did until this post and to be honest, i had no confidence in them getting the car right. Answers like, uh i don't no is not to assuring. The first day at fbc i had my doubts but after the second i was sure it was time to take it somewhere else. Remeber people, that is my opinion not anybody else's. Has anybody been boycotted for their opinion like me?
Old 05-23-2004 | 10:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thechef
From an outside view as i see this......

1. you are unhappy with the tuning, and want a refund, FBC asked for a second chance to adjust the tune you dont want to let them retune the car thats fine, but you want the refund they say ok come to the shop and they will reflash your old tune in the car and give you your $$ back, problem solved as i see it??????

2. they let you use a ASP pulley till yours came in and now that you have yours and are unhappy with the tuning you will not return the pulley??? WTF is that??? on this as i see it you are 100% WRONG and should return the pulley!!!

correct me if i missed something
Would you take the car back after all of this? I would be a little worried about what might happen.
Old 05-24-2004 | 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by goinbroke
Would you take the car back after all of this? I would be a little worried about what might happen.
what might happen? They put your Stock tune back in. Take back their ASP pulley and you walk out with a full refund. Of course you'd be right there watching. To put back in a stock tune takes a whopping 5 minutes

Whats there to worry about?
Old 05-24-2004 | 02:10 PM

my point was that you wanted a refund which means a return of goods for money paid = you get your original tune and your $$ ........ this way you would have your money to go to another shop of your choice.....

but where i see that you are wrong is that you refuse to return the pulley there is NO reason that you have stated that is valid for you keeping their pulley!!!!!
Old 05-24-2004 | 07:10 PM
Launching!

Jeff is getting his pulley back. So i think this thread is pretty much done. That is really the only way to end this and i want to be done with Jeff. I think Jeff needs to tell people upfront that it might take 3 days or even weeks to tune people's cars. Oh and i won't send you your atap logs either.
Old 05-24-2004 | 07:14 PM
Launching!

Hey Jeff, would you be willing to meet at a neutral place and put my old tune in and give me a refund? With all of the threats i would think that would be fair.
Old 05-24-2004 | 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

No I will not go any farther out of my way then I already have, sorry. Ive had to sit on a couple hundred dollars of product for months now going out of my way for you, and I have to many (greatful) people that need my attention in this area to take time away from them. I will go out of my way for 99.99% of people, but I think Ive found that .01%

The computer stays at the shop, you can possibly meet someone at the track, or come to the shop like you originaly stated you wanted.

Why are people threatening you?

~GrannySS
Old 05-24-2004 | 10:18 PM
Launching!

Your really showing that you don't want to end this. You didn't go out of your way for me. Are you kidding? It was the opposite but we don't want to go into that anymore. I will come to the shop if i am assured i will get the ed wright tune back and a refund. Is that a deal? Everybody that posted said you offered to make it right. Are you going to? Please give me a day and time to come to the shop.
Old 05-24-2004 | 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

I beleive that is what Jason said he would do a month or two ago. You shoudl call and talk to him about it as well as for scheduling, as I stated two months ago.

Id go so far as to load the mail order tune you want to get into it so you dont have to send your PCM away. Id like to see the car drive up here, how it runs with the Ed Wright tune, then hwo it runs with the mail order tune.

Theres a possibility I dumped the wrong program in it as the final write, or their is something wrong elsewhere, that or I have no clue what Im doing tuning these cars. I guess the 3rd is a possibilty
Old 05-25-2004 | 12:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
I beleive that is what Jason said he would do a month or two ago. You shoudl call and talk to him about it as well as for scheduling, as I stated two months ago.

Id go so far as to load the mail order tune you want to get into it so you dont have to send your PCM away. Id like to see the car drive up here, how it runs with the Ed Wright tune, then hwo it runs with the mail order tune.

Theres a possibility I dumped the wrong program in it as the final write, or their is something wrong elsewhere, that or I have no clue what Im doing tuning these cars. I guess the 3rd is a possibilty

So this means you will put my old tune back in right? I will call Jason tomorrow to set up a day.

Quick Reply: LS1 Tuner in MD.