Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NJ stand your ground law?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ stand your ground law?

Does NJ have a stand your ground law? How hard is it to obtain a permit to carry?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No NJ does not have a stand your ground law. I reality it is about the opposite defend your home with a gun you will likely go to jail.

Carry permit forget it unless you're a retired cop. I know a retired police chief that was refused a carry permit.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah NJ is one of the worst states for gun rights. Not much better down here in MD either.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

When I went through my Carry class in the military in Virginia the instructor said that law or no law for standing your ground, your gonna get sued by the person you shot or there family, so if your gonna shoot someone, then shoot to kill. If you feel your life or someone elses life is in danger then you have a right to protect yourself by any means necessary.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Glad I live in Va. I have a buddy in NJ and he hates it for just that reason.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol...hahahhahahah...you're kidding right?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Is who kidding?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The op asking if NJ is friendly in any way to gun owners, the constitution, or even common sense.

There is no stand your ground law, except for a sliver of the law where you don't have a duty to retreat in your own home.

Your have no chance of getting a permit unless you're the gay lover of a legislator who hasn't come out yet, you have incriminating photos of a judge, or you're politically connected. It will not happen period.

In addition we have:

Assault weapon ban
15rd mag limits
One gun a month
Firearms Id card to buy ammo/ long guns
Pistol permits and registration

You also must drive your cased,locked firearm directly to and from the range, store, or dwellings without unreasonable deviations. No one knows what a reasonable deviation is, and its up to the officer to determine. Gas? Food? Car trouble? Stop at hospital?

Every year the legislation rams through bills split down party lines...the worst get vetoed by Christie. We have another two years with Christie, then a dem is getting in. If you think its bad now...just wait.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and an NRA sticker has stood up in court as probable cause for searching a vehicle.

I have the feeling you're looking to move here....there's a reason this place has a net loss of residents every year...and its not just gun laws.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know this country is fucked when Chris Christie looks good on gun laws compared to Democrats.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

PA for the most part is very friendly to gun owners. I've heard from friends that NJ is horrible. Carry permits can be had in 10 minutes with a visit to the local sherif. PA is also an open carry state. By law you can carry openly without a permit. There are limitations of course being state parks, schools, Philadelphia, etc. I have numerous guns that I carry all the time. My little Sig 9mm is my favorite. Assault rifles no issue. My AK 47 is my favorite. 30 round mags not a problem. Who knows what the future holds but if you are a PA resident, buy now.

PA also has the "castle law" and stand your ground. You have the right to use deadly force if you feel you are in imminent danger and your life is threatened. Castle gives you the right to defend your home and personal property. Stand your ground gives you the right to defend yourself. It does not eliminate the possibility of civil litigation should you choose to do so.

Last edited by mikey; 07-16-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nj also has a smart gun law that will be implemented soon.

Unless your paycheck is being delivered as a pallet of cash like a drug cartel leader don't bother moving here.

This state is a corrupt, congested, rude, expensive liberal utopia cesspool.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some more negative about NJ.

Highest income tax
Highest property tax
Highest inheritance tax

They are the highest in the country!

Emission laws are as strict as California

Toll roads to get anywhere. Can't leave the state without paying a toll! Free to get in pay to get out!

If you have a choice DON'T move to NJ. I wish I could get out but it's not possible right now.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to move out of Commie Soviet states, there are better choices than PA. Check out this map. The lower the grade THE BETTER because it's a map from some anti-gun freedom haters. States that get an F are ******* God-tier.

Attached Thumbnails NJ stand your ground law?-stateranking_final1.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I always used "Freedom in the 50 states" which takes into account:

Gun laws
Home schooling
State debt
Taxes
Nanny state laws

Nj was in the bottom 3
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

Idk my state (Tennessee) has a high gun death rate lol. Maybe to many shootings in East Memphis or accident hunting trips.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Idk my state (Tennessee) has a high gun death rate lol. Maybe to many shootings in East Memphis or accident hunting trips.
Don't believe the gun death statistics in the map, they obviously rigged it so that the nanny states with strict laws appear to be safe while the states with good, lax gun laws appear to be dangerous. Never believe statistics from a left wing source. We all know the opposite is true anyways. Most shootings happen in big cities with extremely strict gun laws like Chicago and Philly.

Check out that Freedom in the 50 States Ping King mentioned. I just checked it out it's pretty good, you can also customize it.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Nice ima have to do that
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Banned

http://freedominthe50states.org/overall/tennessee

Idk if i believe the schooling part well at least for Hamilton county i know we are in the top five for the state. My old high school (Ooltewah high) when i was there, we had two donations to my school district for millions of millions of dollar's. Even Peyton Manning donated some money to my old high school.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Ping King
The op asking if NJ is friendly in any way to gun owners, the constitution, or even common sense.

There is no stand your ground law, except for a sliver of the law where you don't have a duty to retreat in your own home.

Your have no chance of getting a permit unless you're the gay lover of a legislator who hasn't come out yet, you have incriminating photos of a judge, or you're politically connected. It will not happen period.

In addition we have:

Assault weapon ban
15rd mag limits
One gun a month
Firearms Id card to buy ammo/ long guns
Pistol permits and registration

You also must drive your cased,locked firearm directly to and from the range, store, or dwellings without unreasonable deviations. No one knows what a reasonable deviation is, and its up to the officer to determine. Gas? Food? Car trouble? Stop at hospital?

Every year the legislation rams through bills split down party lines...the worst get vetoed by Christie. We have another two years with Christie, then a dem is getting in. If you think its bad now...just wait.
All true, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: NJ stand your ground law?