Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone w HP Tuners willing to help me disable VATS in Queens NY for my BMW E30 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone w HP Tuners willing to help me disable VATS in Queens NY for my BMW E30 swap?

I had posted this awhile back and someone said they would help, but I haven't heard from them in awhile. I have a very clean 1989 E30 BMW 325iS with 100k on the body and an ls1 and t56 out of an 04 GTO, which from my understanding, the resistor trick will not work so it will need to be tuned out (I believe it's just an ON and OFF setting on the HP Tuner.) I'll be starting the project right after new years and will need to tune out the VATS a week or two after.

My number is 718-413-8023
Send me a text or give me a call if you're down to lend a hand and save me a few bucks

The swap will be done at the shop my father works at, on Rockaway Blvd, right off of Cross Bay Blvd. I'd really appreciate it and I've been anticipating this swap all year.

Happy holidays!
George
Old 12-27-2014, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

George, there is a guy on the GTO forums selling HP Tuner Pro for $350 which is a bargain. You'll need to buy 2 credits to disable VATS, but you will get a lot of use out it. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704154
Old 12-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. I was unaware that you had to buy credits for it. I'm used to using Vagcom for audis and vw's, which is much much different. I have the option to send out the ecu and have it flashed for $75. In your opinion is the HP tuner worth it?

Also that link you posted, it already sold.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by papag1234
Thanks for the reply. I was unaware that you had to buy credits for it. I'm used to using Vagcom for audis and vw's, which is much much different. I have the option to send out the ecu and have it flashed for $75. In your opinion is the HP tuner worth it?

Also that link you posted, it already sold.
It sold because it was a great price and you will need to move fast around here if you want things at a great price. HP Tuners charges $100 for 2 credits for each VIN number tuned. I have HP Tuner and if you are doing things like headers, CAI, no cats, disabling rear O2 sensors, disabling VATS/ readiness monitors, speed density, traction control patch, tuning the engine, etc than it's worth it. You'll need to decide, because I don't know what you are doing with the motor. Sending the ECU out to be flashed is only going to get you so-far and it's likely that it will need to be flashed many times before you're done.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Thank you for the solid advice and information. You're right and it'll probably cost me more having to tune for every future mod. I'll start scouring the forums and Craigslist. That HPT sold in 2 hours and considering I wasn't actively looking, I had no shot with that one. Hopefully another one comes up for sale at a decent price before I end up purchasing new.

Quick Reply: Anyone w HP Tuners willing to help me disable VATS in Queens NY for my BMW E30 swap?