Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for a knowledgeable mechanic within approx 50 miles of carroll county md. $$$

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a knowledgeable mechanic within approx 50 miles of carroll county md. $$$

Hello all, if you've seen any of my other posts you may know my 1998 trans am recently threw a rod. I have no way of doing the job myself and even though i am trying to get this done as cheaply as possible but also understand that someone with the knowledge to do it deserve what they make and would happily pay the $1800 labor quote I received if i possibly could. But i cant and being married with 3 small children.the $ situation isnt going to improve. I willing to pay a fair amount, an amount that will literally zero my bank account out. We absolutely need it done cuz its our only other vehicle. I have $1000 cash I can pay for labor aswell as allowing whoever can help me out to keep whatever is left over which should be a set of 81,000 mile ls1 heads, intake, fuel rails and anything else that i have 2 of between my blown ls1 and the 92,000 mile replacement engine i have for it. Also id be willing to "HELP" in a helper/ labor role on Saturdays or Sundays, i can't afford to miss work right now or id say during the week aswell. Plus if need be i have other things i can offer as a trade on top of $1000 aswell such as a 2 month old playstation 4, a late 2000's California goped sport in excellent condition, a 1987 suzuki intruder vs700 that ran great for 3 years i owned it until I parked it do to a license issue at the time 2 years ago and it has sat there under my deck(12' high) since so it will probably need some freshening up. It does have a clear title ready to go aswell. I also have a good bit of 2nd gen fbody parts and related engine performance items.

So thats what i have to offer but I suppose I should of mentioned what exactly i needed done first? Im sorry im not thinking clearly at the moment. But heres what i need done altogether:

Remove engine from 1998 trans am

Swap whatever pieces and accessories from blown engine over to the replacement engine that is a 1998 ls1 from a ss I believe. It is the block, heads , intake, fuel rails an that's about it I believe.

Once the engine parts are swapped over an youve checked over the new engine for everything I suppose its time to bolt it back in the car.

After engine is installed I assume it will need the oil changed, fluids all touched up( would also like to flush water through radiator to remove old dexcool coolent if possible)

Bleed brake lines if I understand correctly and that's about it I believe.

I have talked to several shops and have heard quotes anywhere from 7 hrs to 26 hours start to finish. Im assuming if your doing it for me youve done it successfully before so ill just trust in what you tell me. Im willing to take the car anywhere within 50 miles or a lil over that if need be to have it repaired. When ill be providing any gaskets or parts or fluids needed to do the job all i ask is im given a list from the mechanic of what to get so i may do so.

If anyone can help me out here me and my family would greatly appreciate it. Only thing is I need it done and ready to go by the 14th as my wifes taking the van out of town and i will need the car to get to work and shuffle my kids around for the 0days shes gone. Thank you
Old 04-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your were closer id be willing to help you out, but i doubt you want to trailer the car 3+ hours to my garage.

Quick Reply: Looking for a knowledgeable mechanic within approx 50 miles of carroll county md. $$$