Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Wanted: Firebird repair shops in the D.C. area.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Location: The Firebird spent most of it's live through the winters of Indiana. Now in D.C.
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Wanted: Firebird repair shops in the D.C. area.

I have people working on my 2001 Firebird convertible 6 cylinder, 3.8L engine. I'm trying to restore it to show room quality. I have people working on my Firebird that has never seen a firebird before! I like that they will let me buy my own parts. They do good work, but something's missing when no one at the shop has ever worked on a Firebird before I started going there.
What I still want to do:
1. pull out 2 small dents.
2. Repaint the whole car factory metallic midnight blue.
3. new carpet, maybe add sound deadening.
4. redo driver side seat cushion.
5. change dashboard gauges to LED.
6. install blind spot monitoring system (I already have this).
7. Correctly adjust my windows (I can't get them right. I have leaking when I hit the car with the water hose).
a. I have convertible window replacement weather stripping, just need someone to put it on.
b. I have to replacement plastic window positioning hooks. (those who broke down a window knows what I'm talking about.)
8. Firebird Logo projectors for the door seals.
9. mirror tile replacement for the sail panels (for a convertible)
10. Upper and Lower control arms, with brushings.
11. shocks and coils, front and back.
12. add LED interior lighting.
13. Find a sport bar (some call it a light bar) for the convertible when the top is down.
14. Wind screen, for when the top is down.
15. I'd like to get a design etched into the wind screen, if I decide to go with a plexi glass wind screen.
16. I got other ideas too. It would be cool to find a one stop shop, like those car shows on the discovery channel.

Anyway, feel free to reply with some names and websites. It's seems there are no active 4th gen clubs in the Washington, D.C. area.

New 18" wheels installed. I wanted to do a variation of the 5 spoke wheel. Also, I replaced the both bottom rocker panels.

WSQ Hood. I'm getting new wheels installed. Jan 2022
Old 02-23-2022, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BimRon
7. Correctly adjust my windows (I can't get them right. I have leaking when I hit the car with the water hose).

You will always get that; I used the rain setting on the nozzle and sprayed from the top down to stop water from the hose going into the car.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Hitting several car & coffe's and car shows and talking to folks can help find a good shop or appropriate car club. I think everything car social took a nasty hit over the last two years due to covid.

Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Location: The Firebird spent most of it's live through the winters of Indiana. Now in D.C.
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope the seal will be better when I replace the weather stripping around the windows. One shop wants to charge me $250 for the seals on the back of the windows. I think there are 3 different weather strippings for the windows, if you count the convertible top's weather striping.

Quick Reply: Wanted: Firebird repair shops in the D.C. area.