Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

terri schiavo dies

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

there was no plug a feeding tube is not like a machine keeping her heart going,not a ventilator. people would say they cant live like me but dous that mean i am not happy. who are we to kill someone, the damn iraqi prisoners have more rights then she did. its total b ****
Originally Posted by Slowhawk
They should of pulled the plug awhile ago and it is not any of our bussiness anyway's. Protesters need to go get jobs
Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does every one know why she is like this

On February 25, Terri Schiavo, 26, collapses in her home from what doctors believe is a potassium imbalance. Oxygen flow to her brain is interrupted for about five minutes, causing permanent damage. A court rules that she is incapacitated and her husband, Michael Schiavo, is appointed as her legal guardian.

she got this way because she was a bolimic and made herself throw up and starved herself causing the potassium imbalance so in a way she did it to herself and the media is not realy talking about that part.so she died the same way she lived her life sorry to say its a terrible way to go
Old 03-31-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

There was no way this should've been plastered all over the front pages every damn day....It was a family thing, and should've remained a non-published family thing. No one can have any privacy any more in today's world. It sucks. Lots of people stuck their faces into this story who had absolutely no business doing so....My 2 cents worth. WJ
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2002nhraformula
does every one know why she is like this

On February 25, Terri Schiavo, 26, collapses in her home from what doctors believe is a potassium imbalance. Oxygen flow to her brain is interrupted for about five minutes, causing permanent damage. A court rules that she is incapacitated and her husband, Michael Schiavo, is appointed as her legal guardian.

she got this way because she was a bolimic and made herself throw up and starved herself causing the potassium imbalance so in a way she did it to herself and the media is not realy talking about that part.so she died the same way she lived her life sorry to say its a terrible way to go
you sir are right..It's an unfortunate thing but it happened.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
8 second mod

this happens alot, but we dont even know it. if her parents just delt with it we would never know. they took it way farther then most.
i feel bad, but i think either way it went i would feel bad.
Scott, you are in a little different spot then she was. you are brain dead, but your in a different spot.
and you cant tell me when your mishap took place for a long or short time you felt like you where better of dead? it is a natural thing, but you grabed life by the ***** and now your in fine shape and have a great life. she unfortunatly didnt stand not even an 1/8th of a chance you did. she was stuck the way she was.
little different IMO
and to be honest, i heard a few people say durring this id rather be dead, if i couldnt walk, or talk or dress myself or what not, id rather be dead. and i said, thats not right, i said if i was bed ridden and couldnt talk and had no clue about anything, and it was 15 years latter and i still was stuck in the same spot then yes, id rather be dead, cant walk ect, i said look at wheels!! Life is what you make of it. and you made the best of it. like i said, she couldnt.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

noyzee I never felt that I would be better dead.

There is no proof that is what caused this. It could have yes, but for some reason the husband stopped therapy and everything. Yet he kept his 750,000 life insurance policy on her. I think there is more to this story but now she is dead and we will never know.

The fact is that people talk about our treatment of Dogs and prisoners of war but yet here we have a girl who's life, bad as it may be its still a life, was taken from her.

So GEorge should we kill all people with metal handicaps or MS or MD and other dibilitating diseases that cause you to barly be able to communicate, and they cant walk or care for themselves. I mean the people on death row have more rights then she did. there is no proof she didnt want to stay alive, just the word of her husband who happens to have a girlfriend and 2 kids. I could write my grad school thesis on this since my degree is in politics and history.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
8 second mod

this is why i agreed with Johns first statment.
opinions.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scottywheels
Yet he kept his 750,000 life insurance policy on her. I think there is more to this story but now she is dead and we will never know.
Becareful there, I think your misinformed. You didnt mention the fact that he paid for 2 experimental surgeries, years of care, and dont forget the $340,000 in legal fees fighting the parents. These are all facts that have been stated. There is NO money left of the $750,000 to recoupe all that was spent.

Why would the husband stay married and not just divorce her and turn custody over to the parents? He would be a hero if he inserted the feeding tube. I believe its because he KNOWS what she told him, and he is standing by HER wishes. Why would he look bad in the public eye? There is no money...so whats the answer? Perhaps he was doing what she wanted.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Becareful there, I think your misinformed. You didnt mention the fact that he paid for 2 experimental surgeries, years of care, and dont forget the $340,000 in legal fees fighting the parents. These are all facts that have been stated. There is NO money left of the $750,000 to recoupe all that was spent.

Why would the husband stay married and not just divorce her and turn custody over to the parents? He would be a hero if he inserted the feeding tube. I believe its because he KNOWS what she told him, and he is standing by HER wishes. Why would he look bad in the public eye? There is no money...so whats the answer? Perhaps he was doing what she wanted.
real good point.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ultimately this came down to a decision by her husband. It was inhumane to make her die of dehydration and starvation regardless of how much morphine they gave her or how much they say she didnt feel or know a thing. It was a discusting story. She had parents still alive to take care of her. They should have been given custody by the courts. This is the main battle here custody and whats legal. She only needed a feeding tube, not a respirator. She was a helpless victim after going braindead or what the medical version of brain dead is. Quality of life is an overused term. Quality is all relevant.

This is the main battle here "custody" and whats legal. This needs to change. Husbands or wives should not have the ultimate say if a blood relative is still alive. Someone other than family making decisions has ulterior motives.
Prisoners on death row die with more dignity than she did. I'm discusted by it. And for all you heartless posters who think your all tough and brave with your insensitive comments.. your just scared little boys, fighting your own fears.. If you think death is so much better if the quality of life is not what you think it should be, then take a walk on the death side. Its an enternity. Life is a brief moment in time compared to it. Her husband is murderer. He had her killed. He ordererd the feeding tube removed to end her life. Thats murder. She wanted this she said? We all say things and feel differently when we're younger but the more mature we get we start to appreciate things in a different manor. When your 26 you really dont think about death and you say something stupid like I dont want to be like that. When your 36, you have a different opinion about it. Any of you tough guys want to put your money where your mouth is I'll come calling. I've got all the time in the world. You sign a release, I'll cripple you and you can kill yourself to show the world how tough you are. Until you have kids of your own, you dont have a ******* clue.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-01-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
8 second mod

her parents are old, when they die, then who gets her?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
her parents are old, when they die, then who gets her?
If there isnt a blood relative left then she becomes a ward of the state.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:37 PM
8 second mod

oh great, one more thing we have to pay for. you know, like i said Johns first post was a good one, and this happens everyday, but because it was on the news, people are all pissed about it.
we had to pull the plug on my grandmother, she had it in her will after 2 weeks on any machince. food or breathing, pull the plug. we did, she woke up 3 days later. if it was ment to be, it would have been.
again, opinions opinions.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
oh great, one more thing we have to pay for. you know, like i said Johns first post was a good one, and this happens everyday, but because it was on the news, people are all pissed about it.
we had to pull the plug on my grandmother, she had it in her will after 2 weeks on any machince. food or breathing, pull the plug. we did, she woke up 3 days later. if it was ment to be, it would have been.
again, opinions opinions.
"oh great, one more thing we have to pay for."
You just answered all the questions about you that we need to know. Your grandmother had a will. Thats a different story. If it was meant to be it would have been ? Thats such a typical thing to say. Do you have kids?
AND maybe this whole thing was brought to the fore front because things need to be changed in custody situations
Honestly you seem like your in your 20's? Did you even really love your grandmother that much? Honestly? Doesnt sound like it really mattered to you. She was given up for dead and woke up and came back? That should push you in the opposite direction with both hands to relish life because you never know.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-01-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:55 PM
8 second mod

Nope, no kids, but im the same age as she was when this happend, and i know my parents would try there best to keep me alive, and maybe with moddern technology it would work out for the best but who knows. but i know in her possition i would not want to be a burdin on anyone for that long, and if my parrents die, then im my sisters problem, then when she dies im the states proble. all the while i am in space. even if i hear and see ect, imo what good is it???
i would not want that at all. not walking, or not seeing, or pissing in a bag, ect, i could deal with that one at a time maybe, but all of the above i couldnt deal with.
and about the questions you need to know about me, im sure many people feel the same way.
and yes, death row has more rights, and it costs us $$, thats why i think death row needs an express lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Ultimately this came down to a decision by her husband. It was inhumane to make her die of dehydration and starvation regardless of how much morphine they gave her or how much they say she didnt feel or know a thing. It was a discusting story. She had parents still alive to take care of her. They should have been given custody by the courts. This is the main battle here custody and whats legal. She only needed a feeding tube, not a respirator. She was a helpless victim after going braindead or what the medical version of brain dead is. Quality of life is an overused term. Quality is all relevant.

This is the main battle here "custody" and whats legal. This needs to change. Husbands or wives should not have the ultimate say if a blood relative is still alive. Someone other than family making decisions has ulterior motives.
Prisoners on death row die with more dignity than she did. I'm discusted by it. And for all you heartless posters who think your all tough and brave with your insensitive comments.. your just scared little boys, fighting your own fears.. If you think death is so much better if the quality of life is not what you think it should be, then take a walk on the death side. Its an enternity. Life is a brief moment in time compared to it. Her husband is murderer. He had her killed. He ordererd the feeding tube removed to end her life. Thats murder. She wanted this she said? We all say things and feel differently when we're younger but the more mature we get we start to appreciate things in a different manor. When your 26 you really dont think about death and you say something stupid like I dont want to be like that. When your 36, you have a different opinion about it. Any of you tough guys want to put your money where your mouth is I'll come calling. I've got all the time in the world. You sign a release, I'll cripple you and you can kill yourself to show the world how tough you are. Until you have kids of your own, you dont have a ******* clue.

She only needs a feeding tube? So, why is it her bills for her hospital stay are so expensive? I was listening to the radio about a week ago where they said that early on in her injury her parents tried to take care of her for 3 months, but they couldnt handle it and she was moved back to the hospital. Why are they so up for it now? I dont know you, nor do i care to know you, but in my case my wife tells me things she doesnt tell her parents. Her parents have their own beliefs, and my wife has her own. If my wife tells me that she wants the plug pulled in a situation where there is NO HOPE OF RECOVERY then as tough as it would be I hope I am man enough to do it for her. I guarantee her parents would be upset and fight it, but I know what she wants beacsue i live with her everyday and we have discussed the possibilities. Perhaps having it in writing is the best solution.

As far as her husband being a murderer, believe what you want. I am sure he likes to be publicly ridiculed and looked at as a murder because he is a mean person There is a strong driving force behind his actions and it appears to be because he knows her wishes. Who knows. This sort of thing happens all the time, the difference is this time it was a media frenzy and lots of people wanted face time.

He has been with her for 15 years in this vegetative state, remember that. You cant judge him because you havent gone thru what he has. YOU dont have a ******* clue. Your the only one who looks like he is trying to be a tough ***.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

No your wrong. My neice is a quadrapalegic. You dont have a ******* clue ! If your man enough you'll find another way. How long were they together before this happened? How long did here parents know her? Until any of you has a child you don't have a say.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-01-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by RealQuick
You cant judge him because you havent gone thru what he has. YOU dont have a ******* clue..
i agree 100% with this!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:58 PM
8 second mod

not 100% sure on the quadrapalegic but i believe she is parilized? but she still can talk and respond ect. is this correct?
if so that is a huge difference then laying in bead 24/7/365!!! having no control or responce to anything!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
No your wrong. My neice is a quadrapalegic. You dont have a ******* clue ! If your man enough you'll find another way. How long were they together before this happened? How long did here parents know her? Dont bother responding I'm done with this thread. Until any of you has a child you don't have a say.
Does she recognize anyone? Does she have the ability to react with emotions? If she does, then its a totally different case then the one we are discussing.