Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Autocrossing at the Meadowlands

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocrossing at the Meadowlands

I went yesterday to check it out for the first time and it was pretty f'n amazing. The track was about a half mile (guess) and the car we're running about 48 seconds per lap. My neighbor had a brand new STi and a buddy of mine owns a quick coopper S.

There were all sorts of cars there from porsches (one sweet GT3) to Z06 to bimmers to pony cars. The thing that I'm still tryin to wrap my head around is that some of these little cars (one civic in particular) were killin the higher horsepower rides. On top of that I think the fastest run I saw was some dude in a mustang!

I think I'm gonna try it the next time my neighbor mentions that he's gonna head out. Anybody want to go?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scorched_ss
IThe thing that I'm still tryin to wrap my head around is that some of these little cars (one civic in particular) were killin the higher horsepower rides.
thats because a key to success in autocross is being light. the lightest cars do better than the heavier ones. power isn't everything in autocross. you saw the M club racing, www.themclub.net. I'm an instructor with them, but i couldn't make that event because i did lime rock the day before, and I was pooped:

http://www.ponycars.net/lime05.htm

come to the next event and you'll have a blast
Old 04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
thats because a key to success in autocross is being light. the lightest cars do better than the heavier ones. power isn't everything in autocross. you saw the M club racing, www.themclub.net. I'm an instructor with them, but i couldn't make that event because i did lime rock the day before, and I was pooped:

http://www.ponycars.net/lime05.htm

come to the next event and you'll have a blast
yeah that was them (part of 'em anyway) I remember that red stang - that thing was flyin - did the owner really get the weight down on that thing so much to beat on the other rides?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are talking about the 1999 orang'ish redish mustang GT, then that is rob's car. he has been racing since he was 6 and he's awesome! its stripped inside, so its light, and he's great driver. he often sets fast time of the day.