Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tuners in Maine

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuners in Maine

Hello all,

New here as I've recently picked up a 2000 TA. Car has all bolt ons and the Hot Cam. Car runs strong but would like something else so I'm trying to decide between a F13 or F14 which brings me to the need for a Tuner. I live near Farmington Maine (Western Maine) and really don't see many LS1s up this way. I pretty new to Maine (and NE) so don't have any connections. I have LS1 edit, but really don't know how to use it and only know of one dyno in Maine so I'd prefer to have someone who knows just take care of the tune.

A second issue is that I'm just starting to build my garage and might not get it done fast enough to 1) have a place to install cam this summer or 2) warrant taking time to even work on car this summer as I need the garage done more than I need another cam - so I might just like to have someone install the cam as well.

I guess, after all is said and done, I'd like to have the option of having the cam installed if I can't get to it and also someone to tune the car. I'd prefer as close to home as possible but am open to to travel. Car is not daily driver so I'm not worried about down time, just need some people who know what is going on.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

your closest and best bet would be PM slowhawk for pricing he does excelent work but is in MA not sure if thats to far for you or not
Old 05-18-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

My car is in Newport, Me. & I ended up getting my work done with Slowhawk (Don Kinder). I like you, was new to the LS1 scene & Don offered me the best bang for the buck. I wanted 400 at the RW & ended up with more. Go with who you want, but Don gives the best prices. He also tweaked my tune for nothing a couple months back. My advice is to get some quotes from the local shops & you will see what I'm talking about. If your into drag racing maybe we can meet up in July when i'm back that way. -Fred
Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 AM
8 second mod

slowhawk is about the closest for you, East Side is about an hour further, other then that your looking at going to NJ, or a mail order (which i dont recomend)
Old 05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Fred,

Shoot me an email when you are back if you remember. I'm not sure where Newport is located, which track are you hitting up here as I'm only familiar with Oxford County (I think that is what it is called) although I've yet to make it over there.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the leads, I'll probably PM Slowhawk one of these days. After lurking for sometime on the boards I figured he might be an option, however, suspect he is pretty busy.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
Thanks for the leads, I'll probably PM Slowhawk one of these days. After lurking for sometime on the boards I figured he might be an option, however, suspect he is pretty busy.
He is always busy for a reason though
I'll be posting up on here as July approaches. I can't wait to get some racing in. I've got three weeks up there. I'm going to be racing at Winterport, Me. & NED. Newport is 30 miles south of Bangor on I-95. Talk to you later, Fred