Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New Toy (pics)!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dthink i'll hold off on the ride plate and intake grate, they are on the "to get list" but right now i wanan save up a little cash. I did alot of research on the different skis as far as good and bad. Before i bought one i had ridden a sea doo and kawasaki but never a yamaha. Everyone recommended a gp1200r or gp1300r. They are fairly reliable and respond well to mods. Ski doo also makes some fast machines (RXP&RXT) but alot of the riva guys tended to think they were not as reliable as a yamaha. Yamaha does have its quirks tho like the cat and power vavles but they are fixable. I got an R&D D-plate to remove the cat. Now i can ditch the Yamalube and run Amsoil or Klotz so i dont have oil build up on my plugs and pv's. I also got the waveeater power valve clips and couplers to keep me from dropping a power valve. Next on the list is a pump seal kit to prevent any cavitation. Some peopel say its an issue but i'll wait to see if it really is. Those were the only things people usually do and i put up a post on who has over 100 hours on their boat and i got over 100 replies so im hoping for the best with it.

Next things im getting:
Riva Ride Plate
Riva two bar intake grate
Pump Seal Kit
13/19 stainless impeller
87mm exit nozzle
i'll tryign stepping the stock sponsoons before i buy a riva set
Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Teching In

I live very close to cycles 128. I live in hamilton. How much did you pay for your pwc? I was also looking to pick one up.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i grabbed mine from a guy in Rhode Island. He had a 1300 and an 800 for sale. Tye 1300 which is the one i bought had 30 hours on it and came with trailer and a $200 cover for $6500. Book on it with the trailer i think was a little over $7500. All in all i got a good deal. I saw so many people selling junk gp1200's and 1200r's for the same price.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy one of the ones from cycles 128. Buy brand new or buy from an original owner who has taken care of it. Last week when i was at cycles i looked at what the had for pwc. First of all they were filthy and i mean filty jet black. They had a 1200R (silver) that you could see tears in the seat, lotta gel coat crackingt up from. Where the bow number should go was covered in duct tape and had the bow numbers written on. Who knows what they were trying to hide. No prioce was listed. I wanted to go in and ask just cuz i was curious what they wanted, but i didnt wanan deal with the salesmen.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ping King
the old XP hulls are garbage compared to the 1200/1300 r hulls in rough water.

LOL, are you joking? The new Yamaha hulls are great, but the XP shines in rough water. Stand up and hold the throttle pinned, I'll go 60mph through 3ft. waters all day. The XP hull is one of the best out there STILL IMO. Fun when there isn't a ripple on the water, and it's fun when your jumping 5ft. waves.