Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Cartek ot TTP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris-camaro-ss
Doesn't TTP have the record for the fastest heads/cam combo on a stock bottom end ???? So im not sure if cartek is the fastest.
As far as I know the quickest stock bottom end heads and cam car was/is Brent's Cartek Z06 before he went to a 427, 10.52@130+
I know Fireball's car went pretty damn quick as well.

Pete's old set up (Cartek) went a best of 10.69@128.9, his newer set up (TTP) went 10.73@128+ so far but regardless both set ups/track times are damn impressive.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris-camaro-ss
Doesn't TTP have the record for the fastest heads/cam combo on a stock bottom end ???? So im not sure if cartek is the fastest.
No, they don't. Brent's corvette from Cartek holds the record with a 10.52. Get your facts straight.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Besides guys, I am not taking anything away from TTP.

But, take these things into consideration when choosing a shop (or any business for that matter)

Whos been around longer (Cartek has been in the LS1-LT1 game since '97). They've grown with the LS1 market since it's inception.

Cartek now does all motor work in house (heads, engine boring, turbo fabbing, etc) this is a plus!

Look at the Cartek roster of cars ( their heads and cam packages have been making madd power and running fast ET's with LS1 and LS6 style heads (not the over glorified AFR's)

Their nitrous cars (Stealth's old Vette, John Carter's 2 Vettes, my Camaro, Dave's camaro) are all or were all record holders at one time.

Now with the turbo setups coming out of Cartek (starting with Paul's TT, my Camaro and possibly Dave's camaro and more...) you will really start seeing the amazing things that Cartek can do!

I'm done debating here. Everyone has their own opinion, but the proof is in the ET's.

Last edited by Big Mike; 08-15-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
8 second mod

Everyone has their own opinion, but the proof is in the ET's.[/QUOTE] very true
Old 08-15-2005, 09:49 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ets dont make the shop the best..
There is no best shop,Its an individual opinion nothing more.

As far as I'm concerned Cartek,Rapid,TTP,ESP are all good shops..Go talk to the shops or call them and then pick the one YOU like and dont worry about what other people tell you...We're all ****** on here and IMO u should make your OWN decisons based on your gut feeling..

Cartek does NOT I REPEAT NOT hold any record for fastest or quickest H/C anything...
Magnus owns the record....Take a gander in the search engine,this is old news and I believe he was running a cam (LG) only to boot
Old 08-15-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JS
Cartek does NOT I REPEAT NOT hold any record for fastest or quickest H/C anything...
Magnus owns the record....Take a gander in the search engine,this is old news and I believe he was running a cam (LG) only to boot

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about street cars, not 2600lb gutted race cars. And guess what buddy, if Cartek doesn't have "the" fastest heads and cam car, I can tell you they have the most out there.

And another thing JS, what "does" one base their decision on when choosing a shop, if ET's don't mean anything?

Last edited by Big Mike; 08-15-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:02 AM
8 second mod

Mike, pay no attention to the man behind the red car. red cars are slow. lol
Old 08-15-2005, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

I would say CARTEK. I have had very good experiances with them, and I will be running one of there setups when I decide to put actual power through the car. The volume of cars they build, the numbers they run, you cant go wrong.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by Big Mike
what "does" one base their decision on when choosing a shop, if ET's don't mean anything?
Well I personally want a shop that simply whispers sweet things in my ears when I go there, I want a free t-shirt and they MUST be located near a bar...other than that multiple/proven/consistent track times mean NOTHING, gimme me some 13s and I'm happy.

*this is/was in NO WAY a stab at or ridicule of any particular operation, merely a weak attempt at some silly humor
Old 08-15-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how I base who I go with search sites and talk to people at cruises and see who has the most satisfied customers and who has alot of bad things said. Then talk to the shops and make your decision on who you feel comfortable with.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:21 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well I personally want a shop that simply whispers sweet things in my ears when I go there, I want a free t-shirt and they MUST be located near a bar...other than that multiple/proven/consistent track times mean NOTHING, gimme me some 13s and I'm happy.

*this is/was in NO WAY a stab at or ridicule of any particular operation, merely a weak attempt at some silly humor
the free t-shirt won me over!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will make one comment here and its not biased at all anymore.

Different people classify street cars differently. To me my old setup was not street worthy.Take that for whatever its worth
Old 08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

I use cartek and have nothing bad to say. They treated me very well. They don't take your money and then forget about you.
Joe
Old 08-15-2005, 11:32 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by stadtnw
I use cartek and have nothing bad to say. They treated me very well. They don't take your money and then forget about you.
Joe
but did they give you a t-shirt? LMAO!!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

best bet would be to go to both shops talk to the guys, take a look at the cars they are working on and go over some options then see who you feel more comfortable with.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

I drive the 2plus hours for TTP everytime I need/get something new. Ive spent a pretty penny there but im very happy with the service, respect and info that I get when I get there or call. No one word answers or any of the "its in the mail" BS from some other places. Matt and his crew always go the extra step to make the customer happy. They stand by all work they do with their heads held high and they are a great group of guys to shoot the **** with.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Marc, regular or Go-Go?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up TTP !! Another very satisfied customer..

TTP has been great.. to say the least.. Now I have no experience with Cartek so I can't do a comparison.. However, I [and many others] have received great products and service from TTPeformance guys..

For me, having the fastest ET isn't the deciding factor.. what makes me a loyal TTP repeat customer is their professionalism, knowledge, easy-to-deal-with, and informal relationship with customers.. and ofcourse great products!! Additionally, to know that they'll go the extra 2 miles to make you happy and satisfied with your car is a huge plus.. And.. you won't have to wait a bazillion [] days before they get to your car is also a very positive incentive to goto TTP

I'd take my TA to TTP again.. and again.. Matt, George, Nick, and John are awesome guys!!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem with opinions is one guy will say this guy is good while another will say this guy is bad...IMO,TALK TO THE SHOP,GO TO THE SHOP,PRICE OUT THE WORK and then talk to one or two people who have used the shop in question...

THEN MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION....
JMHO......

FWIW,I do my own work so the only person I have to blame is me
I find myself blaming me alot but its still fun
Old 08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

It took you 5 years to get headers..