Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Cartek ot TTP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Nabbs: They are talking about the 97 white corvette. If you read the story its kind of hilarious we fixed a problem caused by the car's previous owner for free. I will try to find the thread.

Also, Matt is no longer with us. We're talking to someone now who would make a great addition to the TTP team.

- Matt
Yeah thats the guy I was talking about! I never meant that in a bad way, I was just saying that you are never gonna have 100% satisfaction, and there are people who voice displeasure about every shop. I have talked to that guy in person and he came off as the type you cant tell anything!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by 9T9BlueTA
lol, you could complain about most tuners then. My car has been tuned my more than a few shops and it has never been road tuned (Matt at TTP might of done it one time but I am not sure). It has run good for the most part though so I was satisfied.
Actually, Don (SlowHawk) spent alot of time street tuning the car. I do not believe the proper way to get a car to run *correctly* is to just dyno tune it. For one thing air flow is completely different on the dyno then on the street. Since 99% of my driving is on the street, I am a firm believer that my car is street tuned.

Matt: Glad to hear you got a new office guy, you guys have a great shop and the guys who actually do the work are top notch -- but that kid was an ahole. Glad everything is working out with you guys.

I would chose TTP over Cartek right now. I feel there is more then turning a good number, I want a car that will run righ 24/7.

-N
Old 08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

N: Reason why we didnt street tune it is because you wanted an adjustment on your A/F ratio and Timing. Nothing was said about the tune. In a full ls1edit tune, yes we do street tuning for LTrims, etc. You paid less than half of our normal full tune rate for that reason. If you'd like us to complete our full tune I'd be more than happy to. Since I had to leave early for an emergency that day I was out of the office otherwise I would have been more clear. I do apologize. I have no problem though if you want us to street tune it just let me know, I wont ask for a full tune price of $525, just pay the difference from your last tune?

- Matt
Old 08-18-2005, 06:37 AM
9 Second Club

Those of you talkin' all kinds of **** about Cartek and Dave and how dirty the shop is and how you didn't like the way someone answered the phone or how their hair is combed and any other crap you can come up with should find more constructive ways to spend your time instead of bitchin' like old wives.
Give me a freakin' break. You want a friend, get a dog.
You got a problem with a shop's service, drive down there like a man and handle it like a gentleman. All those Cartek guys are good guys, just gotta talk to them and not on here.
Those few of you just keep bitchin'. When you line up next to a Cartek car I'm sure that excellent "Customer Service" will be the first and most important thing on your mind, right next to a "Clean Shop".
This thread is Bullshit.

Dave Busch.....comb that hair and clean up that ******' shop will ya!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok people this thread has just become a shop bashing thread

Cartek and TTP are both good choices and i am sure you will be happy with what ever shop you choose.