Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone ever install a Boiler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 12:54 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WJ, that sucks, and its always the case with new stuff, but i believe the munchkins have more stainless parts ect ect.
and now code in mass is stating CO2 detectors must be installed with all new units! one near unit and one on each sleeping floor.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WJ, do you install boilers? What would a ballpark figure be to have the new Burnham I just bought to replace my old boiler installed ?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it forced hot water? Oil, or gas-fired? If it's a forced h.w. system, how many zones? Zone valves and 1 pump, or multi-circulator pumps? Is all the piping around the current boiler copper tube, or black steel pipe? What is your source of domestic hot water? Tankless coil in boiler? Seperate storage tank w/coil in tank and piped to boiler as seperate zone? Seperate gas or electric h.w. heater? All this factors in price of installing new boiler. Is this in Mass., or another state? In Ma., for example, if it's a oil-fired boiler, and is a h.w., or steam system, you need 3 permits: Plumbing, Oil Burner, and Electrical. If there's a underground oil tank that has to be removed, there's another permit for that...The Commonwealth of Ma. is very picky about all this stuff these days...You do not want to get caught doing this type of job these days without the proper licenses, or w/out the proper permits, especially in multi-family bldgs. They are hanging people's asses out to dry every day for this type of thing. There's just too much liability in today's damn world--unfortunately. WJ

Quick Reply: Anyone ever install a Boiler?