Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Don't blame the A-Rabs..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Don't blame the A-Rabs..

Blame the "Tax & Spend" liberal Democrats...

How it works: Gasoline is taxed two ways. The state and federal governments impose a flat tax on each gallon, known as an excise tax, which does not change with the price of gas. The state and county governments and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority also collect sales taxes on gasoline that are a percentage of the price. Here's how they divide the taxes collected on a gallon selling for $3. All numbers in cents.

• State: 35.55

• Federal: 18.4

• Putnam and Westchester counties: 9-12, depending on location.

• Metropolitan Transportation Authority: 1.125

• Total: 64.075 to 67.075
Old 09-03-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

and them not wanting more refineries... and now when we hit a slump and needed the production and crucial places are shut down.. we have no where to refine it..........

screw the caribou, lets drop a place in at alaska and tap the pipeline...

sucks new refineries take about a 2 to 3 year build plan from construction to production
Old 09-03-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i could agree more
Old 09-03-2005, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Caracas, Venezuela $0.12/gallon. Thank you, environmentalists.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Amen. **** them damb tree huggers. Its time we start pumping in Alaska.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I blam bush. Someone needs to take care of him
Old 09-03-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6

blame canada!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I'll bet there are a few people Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama who also would like a minute or 2 w/him. The mayor of New Orleans sure told "W" and his "press-conference-happy boys" what he thought of their response time in helping those ravaged U.S. citizens down there...Sad times for our country, and politics as usual. CNN's coverage has been awesome--the live shots they've shown the past week is giving the politicians in Washington some sleepless nights for sure.... WJ
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Ok yea, the Mayor of New Orleans and the Gov. also are to blame far more than Bush, first off Bush declared that section of the country a disaster area the day before the storm hit. Second, how come the Gov. of Louisiana didn't declare martial law the day after. No she sat on her *** and waited until it was too late, Bush just can't go in with federal troops without first getting a call from the governor or any governor for that mater so once they were called in it helped allot right. So if yall are looking to point fingers look at the GOV bitch down there it's on her head dude's. she fucked up. Finialy, she is a demacrat dems don't think right anyway.

Last edited by ace68; 09-03-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

knock knock knock; hello sir, I'm with the secreat service would you come with me please.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Caracas, Venezuela $0.12/gallon. Thank you, environmentalists.
Ah its a oil producing country with 1/5 of the US car why wouldn't they sell for $0.12?? There's nothing in Alaska. If we were smart we would look at alternative fuels intead of depending on the middle east.

Tax and spend has now become the Republican party. Along with the Holy Ghost. Reagan is turning in his grave right now.

http://www.mypartytoo.com/
Old 09-04-2005, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ace68
Ok yea, the Mayor of New Orleans and the Gov. also are to blame far more than Bush, first off Bush declared that section of the country a disaster area the day before the storm hit. Second, how come the Gov. of Louisiana didn't declare martial law the day after. No she sat on her *** and waited until it was too late, Bush just can't go in with federal troops without first getting a call from the governor or any governor for that mater so once they were called in it helped allot right.
That's how I see it too, and the President and local Authorities/Sheriff's are bound by Posse Comitatus Act ..

In common law, posse comitatus (Latin for "the power of the county") referred to the authority wielded by the county sheriff to conscript any able-bodied male over the age of fifteen to assist him in keeping the peace or to pursue and arrest a felon; compare hue and cry. It is the law enforcement equivalent of summoning the militia for military purposes.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a federal law of the United States (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed in 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, and was intended to prohibit Federal troops from supervising elections in former Confederate states. It generally prohibits Federal military personnel and units of the United States National Guard under Federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The original act only referred to the Army, but the Air Force was added in 1956 and the Navy and Marine Corps have been included by a regulation of the Department of Defense. This law is mentioned whenever it appears that the Department of Defense is interfering in domestic disturbances.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

The hurricane pulled out of the New Orleans area last Monday evening. The levys broke open in 2 or 3 places sometime Monday evening...Tuesday, all day, New Orleans was filling like a giant waterbowl. Everyone down there was begging for help from the Feds from Tuesday on...They kept saying: "we're coming", "we're there", etc., etc. It was Friday before Troops started arriving and things started happening. All you had to do was watch CNN and listen to the news to see this....Maybe all CNN reporters are Democrats??? I doubt it. Again, it was politics, as usual. $40--70 billion from the U.S. to Iraq? I say, bull. Let's take care of our own--FIRST. It doesn't matter whether you're Republican or Democrat to know enough to do the right thing. It just plain took too long for the government to respond. Just my opinion. WJ
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
New Orleans was filling like a giant waterbowl. Everyone down there was begging for help from the Feds from Tuesday on...They kept saying: "we're coming", "we're there", etc., etc.
It's just not that simple.. mobilizing battalion-sized elements simply takes time, regardless. Shot records for immunizations, locating those with the proper MOS's and job skills (Tankers and Artillery not needed) drawing weapons/ammo, constructing a plan, etc. Vehiles are another issue.. I saw some troops in M-561 "GAMMA GOAT" vehicles- which were from the Vietnam Era!

The locals SHOULD have been able to "hold down the fort" for 48-72 hrs while all this is put into motion. The Coast Guard were the Scouts in this operation.. and they performed miraculously.

Hysterical newsman bleating over the nations airwaves certainly didn't help, and I read where NOPD cops took squad cars and simply took care of themselves.. 2 NOPD cops blew thier brains out, and 2000 simply quit.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you mean like the hippies that bitch about how we need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and reduce pollution... then when we try to do stuff like build wind farms off the coast of cape cod, we have people like ted kennedy who tell us how dare we ruin the scenic coast line of martha's vinyard!

these people want to have their cake and eat it too, with no compromise... they are almost as ignorant as PETA members... it makes my brain hurt just to think about it
Old 09-04-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ace68
knock knock knock; hello sir, I'm with the secreat service would you come with me please.
I had some real choice words for him but figured I'd better keep it safe
Old 09-04-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DamianLT1
There's nothing in Alaska.[/url]
what do you mean by that? do you have any info confirming that? i'd love to know more
Old 09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
people like ted kennedy
aka alcholics?
Old 09-05-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RemiSS2002
aka alcholics?
also a murderer

[edit] here is the book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Last edited by slayer_taunu; 09-05-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

****, could you imagine the energy harnessed by the hurricane if we had set up Windmill farms up and down the east coast as well in the gulf coast?

Who knows who cares these days....