Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New best, I hate 0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
I know you have. But the bottom line is that there are several members whos best ETs are listed with Alex driving on big lists. Duriens time on the bolt on SI list, Petes on the h/c list.... Im just saying you dont run your mouth to them, and if youre gonna bitch at me, then give them hell too. When a car goes to the track, its to see the maximum potential of the car, not nesacarily the driver.

I only knew about you and your time, not theirs. If they are taking credit for the times being ran by someone else, then that's on them. I know I wouldn't be able to live with that.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
I only knew about you and your time, not theirs. If they are taking credit for the times being ran by someone else, then that's on them. I know I wouldn't be able to live with that.

The problem is that there is no skill factor involved with driving an Auto. Okay there is but not as much as a 6speed, therefore there is less need for you to have another driver run your car. However there have been instances of "hired guns" running faster numbers in peoples Automatic cars, mostly for weight reduction LOL

You might not be able to live with it, but she is not you, so why bust her chops for it? She wanted to see what the MAX potential of her car on a given day was, a number for her to aim for. That way is she runs a 12.1 on a similar day she will not simply say "great run, that is the best she's got" Ali will know that there is more in it and more to strive for.

Also, as far as posting numpers in profiles and lists, we all list our cars, their mods, and their times, we do not list ourselves in our profile. You don't see a profile like;

25 Year old Male
150 LBS
5' 10" tall
14" *****
34" Waist
10.5 Shoe Size
BEST ET: 11.50
BEST MPH: 120.3
BEST 60: 1.54

So who cares who ran the number, that is what the CAR is cable of and that is what we are showing.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amen alex.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
The problem is that there is no skill factor involved with driving an Auto. Okay there is but not as much as a 6speed, therefore there is less need for you to have another driver run your car. However there have been instances of "hired guns" running faster numbers in peoples Automatic cars, mostly for weight reduction LOL

You might not be able to live with it, but she is not you, so why bust her chops for it? She wanted to see what the MAX potential of her car on a given day was, a number for her to aim for. That way is she runs a 12.1 on a similar day she will not simply say "great run, that is the best she's got" Ali will know that there is more in it and more to strive for.

Also, as far as posting numpers in profiles and lists, we all list our cars, their mods, and their times, we do not list ourselves in our profile. You don't see a profile like;

25 Year old Male
150 LBS
5' 10" tall
14" *****
34" Waist
10.5 Shoe Size

So who cares who ran the number, that is what the CAR is cable of and that is what we are showing.
Like I said before a few posts ago, I don't think there's anything wrong with someone else driving to see what it can do, it's the taking credit for it is what I have the prob with.

So if you had the world record fastest time for something and the record books listed you as the driver and holder of the time, then it came out that someone else was driving and you took the credit for it, that wouldn't look bad?

Is that 14" around? think about it
Old 11-01-2005, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01

25 Year old Male
150 LBS
5' 10" tall
14" *****
34" Waist
10.5 Shoe Size

WOW I think this might be your best post EVER!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
Like I said before a few posts ago, I don't think there's anything wrong with someone else driving to see what it can do, it's the taking credit for it is what I have the prob with.

So if you had the world record fastest time for something and the record books listed you as the driver and holder of the time, then it came out that someone else was driving and you took the credit for it, that wouldn't look bad?

Is that 14" around? think about it
OK but here is the thing. I always say that other people drove. I dont take credit where its not due. But the bottom line is my car went 11s. That is a fact. It does not matter that Alex was driving. It has made multiple 11second passes.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Launching!

I guess the key here is what expectations somebody has when they post that they ran a certain number... If i was going to make a post about what my car ran, I would only do it to show the improvement I have made as a driver.. By now I think we all know what cars "should" run given certain mods, people have been racing ls1's for over 7 years now right?

Right now I would probably spin my way to 13's w/ my car... I am sure with traction alex or durien could get a high 11 out of it... but either way I would be much more proud of my 13... (nothing to be proud of I know)

Also I dont think the nascar example really holds true here... I mean if somebody just buys certain parts and has them installed I dont think they are really building a race car...

I am a cheep bastard, I bought my headers used, got my cam on a gp, and got a great deal on install. I spent a year reading about which cam to get but I dont really think I deserve much credit for "building" my car...

if it were to run a high 11 w/ me driving I would be thrilled and would be posting for the world to see.... but if alex ran it to a high 11 it would pretty much just be telling me what I already knew, and I wouldnt really post it....

I mean lets face it, ls1's w/ nice headers, a drivetrain and traction run 11's w/ the right driver...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kenny H

Until one of you starts getting paid to drive for a living I'd spend less time arguing like jackasses over the internet and more time keeping your day jobs....

great advise you should follow it
Old 12-27-2005, 10:04 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by amean94ta
great advise you should follow it
Hey douchebag, your own post sucked so you come in and ruin another one? WTF dude.