Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Border Line Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well one of our members beat greg's vette, with his lingenfelter vette and he is in our club. quick street guys have money, bracket racing's for the not so wealthy and if u read our site you would see there is money involved.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
The ideas behind quickstreet is basicly no rules. That idea has been changed since it started, but next year its going back to the "no rules" approach.
It seems to me that if you have a real street car like Smitty's Camaro, my car, Marcs Tomato, Gregs Lingenfelter, etc...that are actually driven on the street
Everyone seems to bottom out around the high 9's area, maybe faster maybe slower.
Its not like anyone in NE is racing for real money, its just a great excuse to go racing, and keep the excitment of heads-up.
Plus with street tires drivers skill would play a bigger role in who wins vs. slick cars.
Of the cars you mention, How many are 9 second LEGAL Quick Street cars? I mean, get thru tech for 9 second passes with the proper safety items (cage, etc.) and other credentials you need for quick street class? Also, I believe the majority of the guys running on this 495 crew are running 12's w/only a handful of 11's, w/a smaller handful running 10's, and a couple running 9's. Correct me if I'm speaking wrong here, but I've been to the track enough to see most everyone here run... Also, most people that run, love to win the money, if they're giving it...Sure makes it rewarding to get a little back once in a while, even if it buys some race fuel, or whatever... WJ
Old 10-15-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

My car is good for 9.49 so is Smittys and Marcs and Brads car. Not sure about the vette. Plus there are quite a few Mustangs and even imports up there in the 10's too.
Realisticly your probably right, car wouldn't bee very high, but Quick street is usually around 20 cars, and since its been around for a few years, most of the guys are building the cars specificly for that class. And if you look at it that way there are a large number of cars that are close right now and might do some mods specificly for a class like that. Maybe I'm just dreaming but it dosen't seem too far fetched.

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Of the cars you mention, How many are 9 second LEGAL Quick Street cars? I mean, get thru tech for 9 second passes with the proper safety items (cage, etc.) and other credentials you need for quick street class? Also, I believe the majority of the guys running on this 495 crew are running 12's w/only a handful of 11's, w/a smaller handful running 10's, and a couple running 9's. Correct me if I'm speaking wrong here, but I've been to the track enough to see most everyone here run... Also, most people that run, love to win the money, if they're giving it...Sure makes it rewarding to get a little back once in a while, even if it buys some race fuel, or whatever... WJ
Old 10-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd be intrested in this... after the A3 tranny goes in my car next year I'll be good to go with brackets.

I think that the bracket racing would be fine... but to add a twist to it.. figure out a way to have the # be known to the tech guys, without it being on your window, and have nothing more then a win light go on at the end of the track... so noone know s what they are running against.. just have the tree be set up like a normal bracket tree.. input the car's designated time by the registration # on the side.. something like that.

Now, are you gonna have regular nhra rules apply.. 11.5 = needed cage, or is it more of an anything goes?

Reason I ask.. is I know that I'm gonna need a cage after the first full pass I make... then my car will be out of commission until after it gets done, at least at the track anyway. if the nhra rules do apply, that'f sine.. I'll just have to figure out a way to detune the car a little.

To all taht have never participated in a points series.. I have done meany over the years with the toy car racing that I do, it's cool. You can have it set up with 5 races, best 3 out of 5, or something like that, so the people that can't make all teh evenets are still going to have a chance to win, or something like that. Maybe even have a double points day, so that if you miss that one, but make all the others.. or whatever. Take your best 3 days and use those to figure the points off of if it's a 5 race series. It's commonly hard for aperson to make all 5 events over the summer, due to weather, family stuff, vacations, whatever.

Something to think about.

Boarderline.. if you need a hand setting up some type of points structure, lemme know, I have done this kind of thing for toy car stuff many times over the last 15 years, same type of setup would be perfect.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

JL: Just so you know--the track and either IHRA, or NHRA make ALL the safety rules--cage requirements, shaft loops, safety straps, fuel and electrical shutoffs, licensing requirements--everything. Not the club, or the people individually racing. The sanctioning bodies AND the track management make the rules. That's why if you come in w/a car without a cage to run T/T on a Sat. or Sun. they usually ask you when you're going thru tech, "what does this car run?" You say, "High 11's." They let you go thru, but when you make your 1st pass, you go 11.0...Well, there's a guy standing down at the end of the track w/a little radio, see...and as you make the turn to go down the return road, he see's that there's no cage in your car. He calls the tower, and when you get back to the pits, someone from the track comes over and tells you your *** is out of there for not having the correct safety equipment. Let's go one more step. Say you lost the car on top making your pass and hit the wall, or get tangled up w/the car in the opposite lane and cars are wrecked, maybe even someone hurt. Well, if you were going too fast for the lack of that cage--you are screwed, the track owner could be screwed, (lose his insurance coverage for the track) and the Sanctioning Body (NHRA or IHRA) could be screwed. (lawsuits from injuries, etc.) A big law suit could mean the track has to close, meaning your failure to install the proper safety equiptment ruined it for ALL racers.That's why the safety rules for cages, etc. are made. Some people will spend the $ to go fast, but won't step up to make their cars safe for themselves and their competetiors. WJ
Old 10-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Launching!

good point warren, well done. JL, i thank you for lending a helping ghand, at the moment really the only thing we need help with is getting more people interested. by the way have you signed up on our website? Border Line Drag Racing
Old 10-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

WJ, don't worry... the cage will go in, jsut a matter of time. For all I know, I may still have a 12 second car once the heads go on and the A3 tranny goes in.. but I suspect not. I'm all for a safe car don't get me wrong.. I just wanted to know what the rule set was gonna be.. I suspected that it would be that way, which is fine, like I said, I'll just figure out a way to detune the car a little to keep it over teh 11.5 mark until I can get the cage done. Of course, once the tranny is in, I will go to the track on a rental day, make bunch of 1/8 mile passes and shut the car down to get te suspension tuned for best 60 foot.. and then go for a full blast once i feel the car is 60 footing to it's max potential. and I know that will result in a "have a nice day, go home now", and I will then detune in whatever way is nessassary for the time being.

I think for some reason, that with the waiver that is signed on entry of the track that a lawsuit by anyone would be pretty hard to do, regardless of a wreck, regardless of how fast or slow I or anyone else was going for that matter.. I think that if a couple 18 second cars were to wreck somehow at teh end of the track.. I don't think that they could sue anyone.. regardless of any safety regulations that were or were not being followed.. that's why it's a play at your own risk deal in the first place. now if a track were to allow people to run with improper safety equipment, then I can see them losing sanctioning body approval or whatever.. but I can't see them for getting pissed at a guy that goes on a rental or test/tune day and dials in suspension.. and makes one pass resulting in a time that is faster thent eh car is safely equipped for.. they usually just tell you you aren't running again that day... and I'm cool with that.