Border Line Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Border Line Drag Racing

Border Line Drag Racing
(bracket racing)

If ur in the Northeastern area of the U.S. and would like to join a points series at a track but dont have the time to go every week, than this is the club for you...The club would have 5-6 races a year at 3 different tracks across the northeast. What i need to know is how many people would be interested in joining the club, if enough racers join then the club is a go. I'm looking for a minimum of 50 members. The only rules will be no electronics and no imports, unless domestically powered. Anything from a 9 second vette to a 14 second LT1. Lemme know if u'd be in or interested. And believe me LS1's are especially welcome. currently there are 4 ppl intertested and all are LS1 camaros.

If you have any suggestions or comments please email me at:borderlinedragracing@yahoo.com
A club forum/website should be up soon.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Where in Ct are you?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what exactly is a point series? this sounds interesting, id definitely be interested in this
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Launching!

i live in the northeast corner...woodstock to be exact. and to answer lilsteph, points series as in after all 5 events whoever has the most points, or rounds wins, wins the championship, for example every round win is 5 points.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Forming another race club is a good idea, Jordan. Will the competetion rules be pretty much the same as the Central Mass Drag Racers Club, but have wider boundaries for membership? I think you'll be successful, but there is much work involved to get this up and going. There are a number of members of this Eastern site who are "part time" drag racers and don't fall into the Central Mass membership boundary lines that would love to join a "once a month weekend warrior" organized bracket racing club, run between NED, LVD, and maybe a Jersey track. I know the CMDR dues are $60 per yr.--just so everyone knows---it takes much time and $$ to set up a professionally-run race "club". This can fly if people will be serious about it... BTW, one of the toughest jobs--if the club is formed, will be to secure race dates w/the already full schedules of the 2 tracks in our immediate area. We badly need another 1/4 mile drag strip in New England, and IMO, the Oxford, Me. 1/8 mile track just doesn't cut it for that long ride... WJ

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 10-12-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

A negative point to bring up is that many of the people here are hostile toward bracket racing and like running "heads up", or "run what you brung" type racing...Tough to please everyone, no?? I'm all for putting the damn # on your window and go up and run it---whether you run 14's or 8's, anyone can win if you can cut a light. Period. WJ
Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I think it will be a good idea if you do it by classes. I hate bracket racing. Also is there a class for trucks??
Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

id be very interested as long as i am still in the states come next spring
Old 10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definitely interested... let me know my email is stephanie.santoro@uconn.edu
Old 10-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Launching!

warren, yes the plan is to make it just like CMDR but with no boundaries, hell u could live in Indiana and join as long as u pay you membership. and there would be no classes, trucks are more than welcome to join, i raced a truck all last year.. its all one class, but like i said, no electronics and no imports unless domestically powered...and for 8ALTNG, im a big fan of ur truck, i was checking it out the other , i'd love to get the 5.3 i race that fast. Bracket racing is fun, theres really a technique to winning its all about being consistent, trust me if really dont care for it now, u will.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

I'm in, as you already know co-founder, right? Warren, you need a car man. And i am pretty sure that it will be all bracket racing, i think we would also need a place to hold meetings and lots of sponsers for when someone wins- 4th place or so. Email me at Bruso_motorsports@yahoo.com for more info or for some input on the club, we will also keep you updated on the progress.
Thanks
Justin
Old 10-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Launching!

dont use Bruso's email, use borderlinedragracing@yahoo.com the email was set up specifically for this. and as far as the sponsors and stuff goes, we need to take it 1 step at a time. lets see how many ppl are interested, ur jumping ahead of the game.

a new website is currently in progress
Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 PM

I like heads up. Who wants to get beat by a 15 sec auto because you ran too fast.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Launching!

dave i know what ur saying but most people dont like heads up because it depends more on how much money you have in your car than the skill of the driver. bracket racing is a skill, hell i raced a 15 second truck and lost because i've run to fast and i've won because the other guy ran to fast, its about consistency and who knows when to hit the brakes and how much brake you use and what to dial. I dont think youll find a heads up club around here. Now im a big camaro fan, my father has a 2001 Z28 my buddy has a 2002 SS his father is in the process of buying another camaro, my uncle has a 2000 SS and my other buddy is looking for one as we speak. so i'd love to see another camaro join the club like yours...
Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I like heads up. Who wants to get beat by a 15 sec auto because you ran too fast.
Or get beat by a 13 second stick car because you were sleeping your *** off at the line? Or couldn't hook up? Or you missed a shift? Or you lit the red bulb? Or whatever lame-*** excuse you might have for getting beat? What's the difference? In heads-up racing, the 500 hp car doesn't always beat the 350 hp car. You'll find that out if you already haven't

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 10-14-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish there was a heads up street class like NED's quick street ,except for real street cars, mufflers/dots/ maybe even pump gas only.

But thats just me, no interest in bracket racing whatsoever, I'd rather just do a test/tune.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 PM

I like test & tune. better prep than street night. But street night is fun too. Never know what you are going up against.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

If you look at the variety of combos that the people on this board are running on their LS1 type, mostly F bodies, Vettes, and GTO's, you might have to create 8-10 different classes to run a heads-up race club. Then, there maybe only 2 or 3 cars in each class---sometimes only 1. What fun would that be? Also, who could possibly keep the tech work straight to see who is legal for their class and who isn't? I'm sure people would love to have to pull a head off their LS1 F bod in the pits of LVD or NED to have engine specs checked before the drive home after a day of racing, if you end up a class winner and a fellow competetitor decides to throw a legal-for-class protest your way....That's primarily why we see mostly bracket racing around here, especially in the race club--once-a-month scene. Test 'n Tune seems to be what most of the people here want, I guess...And you don't need a club for that. WJ
Old 10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Launching!

the site is up, its Border Line Drag Racing you can post whatever u want.

warren i know what ur saying i just wish people could see how much fun bracket racing is. what we really need is members. WJ sign up on the website, and if you could please give the site to some of your buddies or what not. thanx-jordan
Old 10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ideas behind quickstreet is basicly no rules. That idea has been changed since it started, but next year its going back to the "no rules" approach.
It seems to me that if you have a real street car like Smitty's Camaro, my car, Marcs Tomato, Gregs Lingenfelter, etc...that are actually driven on the street
Everyone seems to bottom out around the high 9's area, maybe faster maybe slower.
Its not like anyone in NE is racing for real money, its just a great excuse to go racing, and keep the excitment of heads-up.
Plus with street tires drivers skill would play a bigger role in who wins vs. slick cars.

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
If you look at the variety of combos that the people on this board are running on their LS1 type, mostly F bodies, Vettes, and GTO's, you might have to create 8-10 different classes to run a heads-up race club. Then, there maybe only 2 or 3 cars in each class---sometimes only 1. What fun would that be? Also, who could possibly keep the tech work straight to see who is legal for their class and who isn't? I'm sure people would love to have to pull a head off their LS1 F bod in the pits of LVD or NED to have engine specs checked before the drive home after a day of racing, if you end up a class winner and a fellow competetitor decides to throw a legal-for-class protest your way....That's primarily why we see mostly bracket racing around here, especially in the race club--once-a-month scene. Test 'n Tune seems to be what most of the people here want, I guess...And you don't need a club for that. WJ