Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

'06 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006 | 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Tim i went to the njfboa website and checked out the info about the dyno. around $50 isnt bad. Id definately be down to dyno, dont know about racing though because i think everyone there could wipe hte floor with my LO3..unless there are gonna be other 305 third gens there or maybe a mid-late 2nd gen car. Anyway, might be a stupid question, but if i dyno my car, could they datalog it or something so i could have it sent somewhere for a custom chip, or its basically just like we do the dyno and see how much power we got and thats it?
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee
see if we can make it. sounds like fun. im not a huge fan of island dragway, but i will try if the weekend works out.
reading the rules tho looks like no t-brakes??

the 4 main bracket classes are foot brake. t-brakes are allowed in heads up and the open bracket if you wanna use them.
hope to see you there.
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMack
Tim i went to the njfboa website and checked out the info about the dyno. around $50 isnt bad. Id definately be down to dyno, dont know about racing though because i think everyone there could wipe hte floor with my LO3..unless there are gonna be other 305 third gens there or maybe a mid-late 2nd gen car. Anyway, might be a stupid question, but if i dyno my car, could they datalog it or something so i could have it sent somewhere for a custom chip, or its basically just like we do the dyno and see how much power we got and thats it?
the dyno will be jsut power pulls and a print out. there will be a wide band available to data log your air/fuel ratio at an additional charge. i have to get some more things set with the track and the dyno people before i can call this locked in though.

most of the racing is bracket style. so what ET your car runs is not as important as consistancy. if a car is faster you get a handicapped start, if your oponent is slower, you get to spot them a little. fun stuff, and a good place to start learning to race before you drain a bank account or two to go heads up racing

lookin forward to seeing you there.
Old 01-05-2006 | 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is a little video that one of the guys who came up from delaware put together from the event.

right click, save as, enjoy http://www.firststatefbody.com/media/EastCoastFBody.avi
Old 01-19-2006 | 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Looking foward to going to the event this year. A bunch of members wentr last year and said it was a blast...
Old 01-19-2006 | 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was great having your crew come down last year hawkeye. we are expecting to at least double the number of cars participating this year and hoping to add a bunch more to the weekend to make it worth the travel.

todays big news...................THE DATE IS LOCKED IN!!!!!!!
Date: Sunday, August 20th

now that the date is locked up we will be able to follow up on a lot of the plans that we had started before. expect a lot of updates over the next several weeks as we lock in more for the nats and some thigns for the rest of the weekend.
start making those vacation plans now i hope to see you all out at the 2006 East Coast Nats.
Old 01-21-2006 | 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

since the nats are on sunday, and we are looking to fill in the rest of the weekend with activities................who woudl be interested in an f-body vs mustang shoot out on friday night.
been talking to the track some more and they are very interested in the idea. the number of lanes available to us woudl determine what kind of racing action it turned into. figure we would start with a foot brake bracket race and jsut build from there.

this sound interesting to you guys? i am gonna talk more to the track and see what we cna come up with. picking on mustangs seems like a good way to kick off the weekend
Old 01-27-2006 | 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

I'll probably make the trip again. Had a great time at the last one. Even though the heat was insane. I think the potential rain forecast scared off alot of people.

I was suprised to see my car make it into the video . The end "moment of silence" shot was also one of our members cars. I lmao when I saw that.

A few shots from last years event.

V6 and DR trophy winners.

A little driveshaft trouble
Old 01-29-2006 | 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am definately looking forward to you and the rest of the LIFBA guys coming down again. hopefully there won't be any driveshaft "issues" this year
Old 02-19-2006 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey gang,
i updated the first post to include the friday night fun that was jsut confirmed.
camaro/firebird vs mustang shoot out. 3 classes, simple rules, details>>> http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15710

hope to see you all at the nats
Old 07-09-2006 | 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey everybody,
i jsut wanted to get this highlighted again to remind everyone that we are just over a month away from the '06 east coast nats.
it is going to be a blast seeing everyone out there again.
the nats will also be serving an additional purpose this year as the promotional kick of point for the racing series that the NJFBOA will be running in '07. please come out and show some support for the car show and racers.
see you all in august
Old 07-09-2006 | 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

So is there need to register or anything like that to attend, or do I just show up? Can't wait.
Old 07-09-2006 | 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

just show up.

looking forward to seeing you there.
Old 08-06-2006 | 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

jsut wanted to remind everyone that we are only a few weeks away from the east coast nats. it is gonna be a great time with lots of cool show cars and great racing action.
i am looking forward to seeing you guys there.
Old 08-06-2006 | 03:23 PM
Launching!

any pre-registration for your event or is all the day of show.thank you clint
Old 08-06-2006 | 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

everything is the day of the show. jsut roll in and pay at the gate. lookin forward to seeing you there
first 500 payed admissions get a goodie bag!!!
Old 08-07-2006 | 06:15 AM
Launching!

i will see you there than..with my 35th ann.le ..had a great time last year even though it was so hotttttttt...clint
Old 08-14-2006 | 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i checked 4 different weather reporting services earlier today. it is all good, mid-80's and mostly sunny
it shoudl be a hell of a day for racing. the weather has been good so the track should be hookin and the air won't be too bad considering it is august.
looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
Old 08-15-2006 | 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

i'll be there. not sure if im racing or even gonna have the car for that matter- trans shop will determine that, but i'll be there

byob? i don't know island's policy...
Old 08-16-2006 | 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

they don't allow booze/beer at island. if you do decide to bring something, keep it on the DL, cause they will confiscate it.

i hope you have the car back and ready to run. good luck!!