Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

'06 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '06 East Coast F-Body Nationals

The East Coast F-Body Natioanls is an event hosted by the New JErsey F-Body Owners Association each year to celebrate our clubs anniversary. We feature a car show, bracket and heads up drag racing, give aways, prizes, and much much more.
The 2006 East Coast Nats are going to be a bit expanded from the '05 Nats. The addition of an Open Electronics Bracket, some modifications to the car show ballots, the addition of several new special awards in the car show, and an earlier start in the planning and sponsor hunting will make this year's Nats even more fun than last.

Date: Friday, August 18th
Sunday, August 20th

Island Dragway, Great Meadows, NJ www.IslandDragway.com for directions

Friday, August 18th:
Camaro/Firebird vs. Mustang Shoot Out

Drag Racing:
Heads Up, Radial Foot Brake Bracket, Slick/Cheater Slick Foot Brake Bracket

Sunday, August 20th

Car Show:
8 Primary classes(1 firebird and 1 camaro for each generation)
10 or so special awards as well.
All judging is by spectator/attendee ballot

Drag Racing:
4 Foot Brake Bracket Classes, 1 Open Electronics Bracket Class, 1 Street Car Heads Up Class

Gate Fees: TBA

Event Schedule: TBA

Track Ground Rules:
No Alchohol Permitted
No Open Fires or BBQ's
5mph Speed Limit in the Pits
Only GM F-body Platform Vehicles Allowed to Participate
Any person under the age of 18 wishing to particpate must get a signed parental release form. Forms can be attained by calling Island Dragway during weekdays at 908-637-6060, during racing hours at 908-637-6536 or by emailing ID1320@comcast.net

Official Event Hotel:
Comfort Inn
1925 Rt.57 West
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
908-813-8500
*Say you are with Island Dragway when you call and to get the room for $95 per night.

If there is any further information needed please let me know. You can PM me through this site, email me at EastCoastNats@NJFBOA.org , or hit me up on AIM at NJSPDER

We look forward to seeing all of you at the 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Last edited by NJSPDER; 02-19-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will definatly be attending this summer
Old 11-27-2005, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

need to shoot for a colder time of year. Racing in aug. is no fun in 90+ degree weather.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

we run it in august because that is teh anniversary of the NJFBOA. it also keeps the dae away from all the other GM and f-body related events in the region.
once you get later in the year you get to the point where most people with families have burned all their vaca time at disney world and anyone who is a student woudl be back and school and unable to attend.
racing in the summer heat isn't ideal for running personal bests, but it is still some great competition.
there are some leads for other events that woudl use a very similar format to the east coast nats. we are waiting for feedback from the tracks about that though.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had a chat with our fine friends at Year One. we will definately be doing the goodie bag thing again. everyone who comes through teh gate gets a goodie bag. don't know what all will be in it yet, but it is always cool.

disclaimer: while supplies last so get yer butt there early (we are only getting 500 of them )
Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

as long as its at ANY track but Etown. Muffler rules will always keep the truly fast cars away

N/M, saw it was at island dragway
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i avoid e-town for other, more personal reasons (anyone who remebers when i ran teh nats there years ago will understand)

our footbrake classes and heads up class have muffler rules in keeping with the "street car" theme.
we do have an open electronics bracket and t'n't/grudge lanes that are pretty much run anyting you want as long as it has a camaro or firebird body on it

p.s. heads up was won last year running 9.4's through mufflers, and from what people are planning it will be a faster class this year
Old 11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Just out of curiosity, how strict are these interior rules? I see Heads up and Drag Radial require full interiors, not "tinned". What about us guys that are running aluminium door panels and Speed Glass in the doors? Would you turn us away because of this?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

the aluminum door panels are ok as long as it still works like a regular door and has a window crank/switch and door handle there.
same goes for the speed glass if it still rolls up and down like a regular window and doesn't require any bracing jsut to hold it in the stock position it is fine for the foot brake classes or the heads up class.
if the car doesn't fit into those classes there are the open bracket and grudge lanes available. there will also be several other things going on to make the event worth attending even if you decide to jsut come down to watch.
we are also working on a show and go class, basically the cars sit in the show field for several hours and get judged by all teh event attendees, then they will take a few passes. best combined score between teh two disciplines wins. from teh looks of your car and the info on your site i woudl think you coudl do well in that too.

hope to see you there, thanks for your interest.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
i avoid e-town for other, more personal reasons (anyone who remebers when i ran teh nats there years ago will understand)

our footbrake classes and heads up class have muffler rules in keeping with the "street car" theme.
we do have an open electronics bracket and t'n't/grudge lanes that are pretty much run anyting you want as long as it has a camaro or firebird body on it

p.s. heads up was won last year running 9.4's through mufflers, and from what people are planning it will be a faster class this year
I'm not talking about open headers. I'm talking mufflers. E-town required a minimum 3 chamber "street" muffler. I run mufflers, but nowhere quiet enough to run at etown
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahh, i see what you mean. our version of what consitutes a muffler is a bit more liberal. as in, if it was advertised or sold as a "muffler" it counts. 1chambers, loud mouth, glass packs, bullets........you get the idea, are all perfectly acceptable
Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

U better have a GTO class and I'd try ATCO if u can get it
April May or June????
Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

atco is out, that woudl require a heap of cash we don't have to lay out. in the future maybe, but for now the club isn't in that position.
no GTO class either man, sorry. this is an all f-body show.
we go with august for two reasons, it keeps our date away from all the other f-body related shows in the region and it is also our clubs anniversary. pending other events related to the nats the date may change in the future, but at least for '06 we will be in august.
if you don't have an f-body to participate in the show we welcome you to come out and spectate. it is a great time with a ton of sweet cars on the show field and the track
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

I'll have to check it this year

How much did Atco want? $2K?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frosty
How much did Atco want? $2K?

to get the track exclusively for a saturday it is over 10k, sunday is slightly cheaper.
the management at island is nice enough to jsut let us insert our event instead of having a plain old test adn tune day. they get to keep the gate and concessions and we get to use the track fo free best deal going.
at some point in the future we will prolly need to move to a larger facitility. that bridge will be crossed when we have enough cars and sponsors to support enough classes to require more space.
hoope to see everyone out there!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Holy ****! I didn't realize they want that much. That's nuts!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

no worries, we will get to that point in another year or two anyway
Old 12-12-2005, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

I'm looking foward to it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

can't wait to see you there. tell your friends about the event too. the more we grow this year teh bigger we can plan next year
Old 12-16-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just wish you had something for N/A heads up racing