Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

TTP is top notch

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Right that's the # for the V3. The other # that was posted was for the V2 through an M6 with LS6 heads.
The graph is yes, but when you originaly disagreed with him, it was indeed for the V3.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one here at the shop wanted Anthony's car to leave. If he said to us, "You can keep the car here to diagnose the problem", we would have done this.

Matt, Nick, Jakub(our newest tech), and myself have been here at the shop all this time. I am here from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday. My lunch break consists of reading posts on my computer and answering more phone calls. I answer pretty much all the phone calls that come in. Also, Matt has already replied in this thread. I do not understand the statements about Matt disappearing and not being able to be reached.

Alex, I believe I have not once bashed any shop on any board. That does not mean that I have not listened to complaints about shops from others or even stuff that has happened to me personally. I am not excluding TTP as far as hearing complaints about.
Nick has been doing the cam install almost exclusively for a long while now. Matt has also been responsible for tuning even before George left. With supporting bolt-ons(headers, y-pipe, catback, air intake), I have seen our cams produce similiar numbers over and over again. Exceptions would be '97 and '98 engines or engines that had excessive milage.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tony,

Any updates? Lets not shop bash, thats not going to accomplish anything. Hopefully Tony can get the car figured out and go from there. Were their any tranny issues?
Old 02-17-2006, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DocEwww
The graph is yes, but when you originaly disagreed with him, it was indeed for the V3.
I stated that the numbers he posted were for the V3 not the V2. The graph that he posted was for the V2. The guy who just got the cam installed has a V2 not V3 which was why I said the 440 # for the V2 was incorrect.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 AM
CARTEK Racing

Well I guess maybe another shop "Will Fix What TTP Broke"

Have a line like that in your sig and Karma will catch up :p
Old 02-17-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

We told Anthony what the most likely problem was and what needed to be done to fix it. We also have put a guaranty on our diagnosis and would not charge for the labor if we are wrong. How much more can we do?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

WS6TransAm: That is the same cam in both cars (But the graph you show is in a m6, ls6 heads, fast 90mm, altho it does have a 12-bolt that robs power, you cannot compare that car to this one with old casting 853 heads). Anthony's car has a lifter problem.. Just like everyone else that I have diagnosed, I will pay for the parts + labor if my diagnosis is wrong. The R/R heads is $650 + $205 for the lifters + gaskets... If my diagnosis is wrong I'll eat the entire job. Also, I have offered to Anthony after we do the job I will retune the car for free. I do not want to see problems with my customer's cars, so I will try to do whatever I can for them if there is.

Oh and Alex, If you want me to list all of the cars we have fixed from other shop's we will be here all day...

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-17-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Well I guess maybe another shop "Will Fix What TTP Broke"

Have a line like that in your sig and Karma will catch up :p
Man, you really like to stir the pot anytime someone has an issue with any other shop besides Cartek.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Teching In

I just got my car back from TTP for a Cam install and I'm more than happy with their workmanship, knowledge and customer service.

I'm even working to bring the car back for more work in the very near future. I'm never comfortable with shops in general but they made me feel very comfortable from the beginning.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:20 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Man, you really like to stir the pot anytime someone has an issue with any other shop besides Cartek.

People love to knock on CARTEK, Im just being polite and doing in kind.

Plus Im bored...
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Plus Im bored...
I haven't seen much Cartek bashing going on in this section in ages (unless the threads get deleted before I get a chance to read them). All I'm saying is we've had enough issues with shop wars in the past in this section, and its counterproductive, unecessary and creates bad blood. Give the shop a chance to fix the car. TTP has a pretty good rep on here of standing by there work, and I say that with my experience with them limited to buying a set of AFR's.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Right that's the # for the V3. The other # that was posted was for the V2 through an M6 with LS6 heads.
Originally Posted by TTPMatt
WS6TransAm: That is the same cam in both cars (But the graph you show is in a m6, ls6 heads, fast 90mm, altho it does have a 12-bolt that robs power, you cannot compare that car to this one with old casting 853 heads).

That's what I was saying before
Old 02-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Thanks Roarin... How is the hood? Did you get it painted?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

No it's not painted yet. Just got a new grille and the headers and cam are next!!! After that, SS spoiler and then the paint job for the hood
Old 02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Demian
I just got my car back from TTP for a Cam install and I'm more than happy with their workmanship, knowledge and customer service.

I'm even working to bring the car back for more work in the very near future. I'm never comfortable with shops in general but they made me feel very comfortable from the beginning.
Same here...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Damn u Gabriel ....let me know when u want that hood painted bro.

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Same here...
Same here. My car will go back there for heads soon and eventually a forged shortblock. Awesome shop.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Damn u Gabriel ....let me know when u want that hood painted bro.

Same here. My car will go back there for heads soon and eventually a forged shortblock. Awesome shop.

I'll be sure to let you know Drew. A bit but did you notice that the location for the meet up has been changed? You can bring the T/A out now
Old 02-17-2006, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

I'll be sure to let you know Drew. A bit but did you notice that the location for the meet up has been changed? You can bring the T/A out now
Really? I'll have to check that out, I lost interest after i heard the word "cops"

Ontopic:
Tony if you have a lifter problem I'd highly sugest you get them changed out before running that car too hard. I've seen a few threads in the "internal" section here with guys damaging their brand new camshafts due to lifter failure.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Plus Im bored...

Well Alex is known for bashing shops and customers . I even have a Text Message on my phone from him. I belive he knows what I am talking about. Lets Keep this clean. I'm sure TTP will solve the problem and make ends meet. Matt and crew did an awesome Job on my car and the Numbers shows ...
Old 02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
I will pay for the parts + labor if my diagnosis is wrong. The R/R heads is $650 + $205 for the lifters + gaskets... If my diagnosis is wrong I'll eat the entire job. Also, I have offered to Anthony after we do the job I will retune the car for free.

Honestly you can't get a better deal then that.