Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Moving to New Jersey. Time for a refund.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
Welcome to NJ. Sorry you aren't happy about coming, but enjoy Atco while youre here!
Well, if I can find some good hot rods buds and not have a problem finding a yankee girlfriend I'll be okay
Old 03-04-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I can help you with hot rod buds, but not the GF part. I have single friends tho.... When you gonna be in Jersey? Im in Mobile, AL right now...
Old 03-04-2006, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

PS Don't call Jersey girls Yankees. We don't like it.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmm I can help you with hot rod buds, but not the GF part. I have single friends tho.... When you gonna be in Jersey? Im in Mobile, AL right now...
I'll be there early June.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

PS Don't call Jersey girls Yankees. We don't like it.
Didn't mean any offense, I don't know what to call yall I guess Nothern gals, or Jersey gals
Old 03-04-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

njfboa.org nice place to hang out while your here.

i dont know who this guy who took your money is but good luck finding him.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by qwikz28
njfboa.org nice place to hang out while your here.
Thanks, I just registered.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:46 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I understand you are upset and rightfully so, but I don't think showing up at someone's doorstep is the best way to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you get in contact with him, schedule to meet at a mutually agreed upon location and come to a resolution without causing yourself more problems.

I'm just trying to play arbitrator here. I know I wouldn't respond very well if someone showed up on my doorstep angry, especially if it were my wife answering the door. Seperate the business event from the person, and don't get his family involved and you will have a better chance at a favorable resolution.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Yeah, I was comparing prices and quality of homes there to the south. I'm horrified. A 200K home in N.J. is a 70K home here.
SOuth Jersey here. The prices here are cheaper than North Jersey but still 200k will buy you a pretty nice shed
Old 03-05-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I understand you are upset and rightfully so, but I don't think showing up at someone's doorstep is the best way to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you get in contact with him, schedule to meet at a mutually agreed upon location and come to a resolution without causing yourself more problems.
That's up to him. I know he'll get the word. But I ain't calling him again. Been there, done that. If he want's to keep hiding then he's gonna get a knock on the door, just like a bill collector would do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to end my career for an assault charge but I am going to get my money.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm just trying to play arbitrator here. I know I wouldn't respond very well if someone showed up on my doorstep angry, especially if it were my wife answering the door. Seperate the business event from the person, and don't get his family involved and you will have a better chance at a favorable resolution.

Spoken like a true JPR supporter.

Sometimes the direct approach works best, it has more impact on a person when you show up on their door step, then when you just ring the phone.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
That's up to him. I know he'll get the word. But I ain't calling him again. Been there, done that. If he want's to keep hiding then he's gonna get a knock on the door, just like a bill collector would do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to end my career for an assault charge but I am going to get my money.

Amen!!

Enough time has passed for him to make good on the money owed.

When the time comes for you to knock on his door Bravo, let us know I'm quite certain their are a few of us who will go down there with you (to lend moral support) and make sure things don't get out of hand.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike 00'SS
Sometimes the direct approach works best, it has more impact on a person when you show up on their door step, then when you just ring the phone.
Yeah, that's my point. I seriously doubt he has any customers he ripped off that live in his area, cause he knows he would have to face them. If anything, the last time I spoke with him he said my heads were at his house. So, since he didn't want to ship them to me I guess I'll have to pick them up in person
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 AM

Let us know how that works for ya.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:16 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Mike 00'SS
Spoken like a true JPR supporter.

Whatever.... this isn't the wild west anymore. The fact is that this is a business problem that needs to get worked out in a legal professional manner. Going to knock on his door and demanding retribution is going to get you a tresspassing summons and not much more.

If you guys want resolution, do it in a legal manner. The company that you paid money to is the one who owes you money. If you paid using a credit card, go through them to dispute the charges or use the better business bureau. But acting like if you threaten a person it will resolve this is a path that isn't going to go anywhere.

Get your ducks in a row, collect receipts, cashed checkes, bank statements and pursue it legally. If you contract someone to do work for you in your home and it isn't what you deem acceptable, then you don't go to their house demanding 'what's owed to you'. If you didn't pay with anything traceable, then you may not have any leg to stand on and that's the risk you take when you get the 'cash discount'.

Now if that makes me sound like a "true JPR supporter" than your statements make you sound like a 3rd grader with no concept of how to do business and you never realized how to manage your own personal finances.

I've been burned before and learned from my mistakes and take the appropriate actions now to avoid that from happening. Sometimes the most important lessons in life are the most difficult to handle and hurt the most.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Whatever.... this isn't the wild west anymore. The fact is that this is a business problem that needs to get worked out in a legal professional manner. Going to knock on his door and demanding retribution is going to get you a tresspassing summons and not much more.

If you guys want resolution, do it in a legal manner. The company that you paid money to is the one who owes you money. If you paid using a credit card, go through them to dispute the charges or use the better business bureau. But acting like if you threaten a person it will resolve this is a path that isn't going to go anywhere.
Knocking on a man's door to ask him what's up with my money is not the wild west and will not get me a tresspassing summons. I don't threaten anyone. If I want to beat someones *** I'm not going to run my mouth and say it, I'll just start swinging. And since I already posted that I'm not trying to get an assault charge, that should tell you I am not wanting to go to his house to "threaten" him. He is the company that took my check out of his mailbox and cashed it and spent it on something other than what I gave him the check for. So he is the company that owes me money lol
Old 03-05-2006, 10:37 AM

I had a similar problem once. $1,000. The guy said he would pay up, but was conveniently out of the office every time I called, and his secretary knew nothing about it. I finally got mad and told her, That's Ok, I got his home phone # and address out of the phone book. "I'll try him there later. He called back 5 min later and asked Where I wanted the check mailled. I told him I would come and pick it up. I got my $.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I wish you the best of luck. From one car guy to another I hope it works out for you.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:18 PM
CARTEK Racing

Ah so Joe Prince screws yet another person.

Well Im sure a few people will come on here in a few hours and tell you what an honarable person he is, and what a good friend he is, and how he installed paers on their cars and they have had only 1 engine blow up. Whats a blown up engine amongst friends right?

Good luck geting your money back!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Ah so Joe Prince screws yet another person.
Oh, I'm one of the original screwees. He got my money 2 1/2 years ago. I'm sure he believes he will never hear from me again. I would like to know what he thinks when he finds out I will be living literally minutes from him