Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks will PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll want a lawter. It's weird, if you say what the lawyer would say word for word they dont want to hear you. It comes from a lawyers month and they starting breaking down the charges. If it's your first offense it wont be so bad. Get a court appointed lawyer. If you dont make alot they will charge you next to nothing. The less you say you make the less they charge. If your living at home, have bills and make 250.00 a week then your gonna pay something around 100.00 or if that

Make sure (the lawyer prob will anyhow) your lawyer reminds the judge this is your first offense and you will happily go to a defensive driving course (1 day for a few hours) and take a 6 or 12 month continue without a finding. Contiune without a finidng means if you dont get stopped in that time frame; nothing ever reaches your driving record or your insurance points. However if you do get stopped again then they charge you for the new offense and the old offense as if they happened the same day and they really screw you because you asked for a favor and you doused them.

I had a strict judge, lost my license twice and avoided prob 10 points because I got the contiune without a finding. Get some nice clothes and go in there with a good attitude and you prob get off with having to go to defensive driving school, pay the lawyers fee and stay clean for 6 to 12 months.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

thanks. i know to always have a good attitude with cops. That's one thing i never understood. I see all these people trying to act tough with cops. The way i think about it: They have the power to do whatever they want with me, and they are the only ones who can get me out of trouble.... so i should try to get on t here good side.

Anyway this is a break down of my record.
2 running stop signs: lessened to 2111a failure to head a road sign.

A speeding ticket: lessened to 2111a failure to head a road sign.

I wrecked my 1st Z and was charged with reckless driving, trnasporting alcohol underage and speeding: lessened to disorderly conduct, I had to take and alcohol class and paid like $600

2 Weeks ago got charged with knowing possesion of alcohol in a moving vehicle: got court the 23 for that. This was in Jersey and will probebly become an ordinence.

So, with all this, how does my driving record look?ds

Last edited by vMaster0fPuppets; 03-05-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

The thing is I dont know what shows up on my record (the first charge or what it was lessened to) or when(about the alcohol charge im facing now).
Old 03-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Humanitarian

Well all of that stuff will show up on your record, even what the charge started out as. In MA they save it for a very long time. It's more of a history thing so if you go back to court they know what you've done in the past.

With your record it's going to be tough. You will more than likely lose your license for 1 month and up to a year. It will DEF be suspended until you go to court for the alcohol charges and the new racing violation. No offense but you need to grow up a little. It sounds like the system has given you ton's of chances and you keep pulling the same stunts. Those judges see so many people just like yourself who keep gettings chances and doing everything they are not supposed to time and time again. They get kind of pissed off and they go from doing you favors to burning you hardcore.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Humanitarian

The judge will see the alochol related charge. After about 2 days or so it's in the computers to stay.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

well i guess thats a nice way of saying im fucked.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Humanitarian

Loss of license for a little while, a few bucks in fines and possibly a few points. It sucks but **** it, you did what you did and life goes on. Worry more about your Dad hounding you than everything else. You'll be fine and in no time and you'll look back and remember when you were young and stupid.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

yea i realize this, and i know ive been really stupid lately. THis is a major thing i find out about life. Being single apperently costs alot of money and gets you in alot fo trouble. I just broke up wiht my gf 2 months ago and i got no cash now, and have these 2 fines. Ill smarten up i guess.

As far as my dad I really dont want him to find out. Thats why Im trying to get a lawyer that can get me down to no points. If my insurence goes up hell find out. Then ill probebly have to sell the car because I can barely afford the car as is working at KFC and goin to school full time..... it's beat
Old 03-05-2006, 03:49 PM

They will have your record right in front of them when you go to court.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

so, is there anything i can do to improve my chances of recieving the lowest possible sentence.
I got get a lawyer, look good in court...
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
they can't prove you were racing unless they witnessed you make the agreement with the other driver, definition of racing is when 2 or more people agree to a contest of speed, well how does he know you guys agreed???

Um, HUH? That's so wrong it's not even funny.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
yea i realize this, and i know ive been really stupid lately. THis is a major thing i find out about life. Being single apperently costs alot of money and gets you in alot fo trouble. I just broke up wiht my gf 2 months ago and i got no cash now, and have these 2 fines. Ill smarten up i guess.

As far as my dad I really dont want him to find out. Thats why Im trying to get a lawyer that can get me down to no points. If my insurence goes up hell find out. Then ill probebly have to sell the car because I can barely afford the car as is working at KFC and goin to school full time..... it's beat

Dude, if that lawyer gets you down to no points then you need to lick his nuts or something, seriously.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

buddy the lawyer could probly get you off with your liscense in tack but you'll pay a fine still. being 19 even with your record you stand a good chance especially if teh cops going to be cool about it. I'm talking from experince. I was dead to right's on a ticket at 140mph in a 65 and would have no dout lost my liscense had I not gotten a good lawyer. I also had 3 point's when I got the ticket. my lawyer got it down to 10 mph over and 2 point's and I keep my liscense. I see no reason y you couldn't get similiar result's.
btw it's time to slow down and wisen up too for a little while. you'll have a lot more money in your pocket. I now have a clean record but I had my fun too. just cost me to much money.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

The only thing is there apperently really cracking down on street racing in philly....

I mean philly has "Drag Racing Court"- a special court only for people like me
Old 03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

where are they racing in philly? I thought they chopped up 61st and holstien ave?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
where are they racing in philly? I thought they chopped up 61st and holstien ave?
Nope theyre still out there every weekend. As you can see from this thread...

The ticket is 6 points / 6 months suspended L if its the same one I got on Holstein back when I was 19. I was lucky enough to have SUPER COOL judge who let me off.

You need a lawyer at the least who needs to try to have it reduced to a speeding ticket or something. Oh and stay away from South Philly...like its even near worth it.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just dunno if I should ahve ran. I mean that van would not have caught me. and I was faster than the mustang
You can outrun a car, but you can't outrun the radio.

they can't prove you were racing unless they witnessed you make the agreement with the other driver, definition of racing is when 2 or more people agree to a contest of speed, well how does he know you guys agreed???
Due to the fact that I recently wrote a paper on illegal drag racing, and I am also a Mass. resident as you are, I know what the laws here in Mass. are (not sure about the thread starter's state, but this is taken directly from the Mass. law:
Chapter 90: Section 17B. Drag racing; penalties

Section 17B. No person shall operate a motor vehicle, nor shall any owner of such vehicle permit it to be operated, in a manner where the owner or operator accelerates at a high rate of speed in competition with another operator, whether or not there is an agreement to race, causing increased noise from skidding tires and amplified noise from racing engines. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred nor more than five hundred dollars and the registrar shall suspend such operator’s license for a period of not less than thirty days. A subsequent violation shall be punished by a fine of not less than two hundred nor more than one thousand dollars and a suspension of such license for a period of not less than sixty days.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Oh and stay away from South Philly...like its even near worth it.
I've been down there like three times, but never to race myself. I won't be going to race again. Honestly the only reason I went there was becasuse I was supposed to go to Atco but called called into work earlier in the day.... so I guess I was in a racing sort of mood.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
thanks. i know to always have a good attitude with cops. That's one thing i never understood. I see all these people trying to act tough with cops. The way i think about it: They have the power to do whatever they want with me, and they are the only ones who can get me out of trouble.... so i should try to get on t here good side.

Anyway this is a break down of my record.
2 running stop signs: lessened to 2111a failure to head a road sign.

A speeding ticket: lessened to 2111a failure to head a road sign.

I wrecked my 1st Z and was charged with reckless driving, trnasporting alcohol underage and speeding: lessened to disorderly conduct, I had to take and alcohol class and paid like $600

2 Weeks ago got charged with knowing possesion of alcohol in a moving vehicle: got court the 23 for that. This was in Jersey and will probebly become an ordinence.

So, with all this, how does my driving record look?ds

wow man... honestly I think you should get rid of the ls1 and drive a slower car, i cant imagine what somebody with that type of a record is doing any where near a street racing meet.... you are really risking your future with this stuff its not worth it