Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Busted... yea Im an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexaurs
I thought it was a mandatory 5 or 6 points and 6 months suspension for street racing?
Very true, and dont ask me how I know
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Nope theyre still out there every weekend. As you can see from this thread...

The ticket is 6 points / 6 months suspended L if its the same one I got on Holstein back when I was 19. I was lucky enough to have SUPER COOL judge who let me off.

You need a lawyer at the least who needs to try to have it reduced to a speeding ticket or something. Oh and stay away from South Philly...like its even near worth it.
Yea its a total bad setup there and insane amounts of thefts. I know a few people who have been followed home by wanta be jackers.

Why anyone goes to that is beyond me it's almost safer and smarter to burnout in the local PD lot...

First all fest up to your dad the car and insure have to do with him he has a right to know. You seem to have caught on you've made some bad chosises.

Get a lawyer and hope for the best.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
I just dunno if I should ahve ran. I mean that van would not have caught me. and I was faster than the mustang. But thats no matter now. I need to figure oiut what to do about court.
theres tons of things I take into consideration when im trying to determine weather to run or shut down, the first is always have they seen my plates?...-but I dont suggest running from the cops any ways get a laywer or atleast talk to one. I've gotten many tickets, lost count really but I've gained 8pts and that gets me an extra $1000 tagged onto my insurance
Old 03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
I've been down there like three times, but never to race myself. I won't be going to race again. Honestly the only reason I went there was becasuse I was supposed to go to Atco but called called into work earlier in the day.... so I guess I was in a racing sort of mood.
Well you should have came out to Tom's River. Heres us Friday night...
http://www.fuelslut.net/forum/viewto...42020&start=40
Old 03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got busted racing a 60 yr old guy in a lightning....i was in mass on rt 6...apparently the 1st cop saw us race at the light...the other 2 chased me down thinking i was running, i didnt even see them...my punishment $950 ticket and 1 month suspension on my license in mass....i have a new york license so it didnt do anything...my insurance comp doesnt know either and my insurance just dropped...i have over 10 tickets but 1 on my record from 5 years ago...gotta love NY
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

My insurance never moved. Like I said 13 speeding tickets alone. Here in the great "commonwealth" of Pa. The cop has nothing to do with how many points go on your record. So don't let him tell you otherwise. That is up to the people in Harrisburg. Your notification for your points will come in the mail so be watching for it. In Pa at 6 points you lose your license although they give you a chance to take a written test and have 2 points removed thus saving you your license. You can only take this test one time. If you swing by a notary they should have a pamphlet telling you how many points you get for your violations but that is just the minimum. Harrisburg can add points as they see fit. The notary can also tell you how many points you have on your license now. Also for racing you should've had your license pulled on the spot. I got caught going 125 in a 25 racing a cobra. He pulled us both over. The guy in the cobra had his car impounded. I got a careless driving ticket. Not sure why but I guess that just proves life ain't fair. Good luck though man. It sounds like your gonna need it.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

125 in a 25? WTF man? You were racing in a residential zone? You're ******-a-right you should've had your license taken away on the spot lol
Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Fight it. I know someone who got the same thing. He got let off with a fine. He had 2 passengers who also went to court and were charged with street racing and also a possibility of loosing their licenses, but it got thrown away and they all got fines. So fight it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

If you go up there anytime soon, send me a pm and let me know. I'd like to meet some more fbody people in the area.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Yea its a total bad setup there and insane amounts of thefts. I know a few people who have been followed home by wanta be jackers.
Wouldnt doubt it, there was a shooting on the road they race on last time I went.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

blue01ta you are wrong saying the cop doesn't have anything to do with point's he can change the violation in a plea bargian to anything else which can reduce or elimnate point's also pendot doesn't add point's as they see fit there is a scale for violations and that is what they go by. sometime's they arn't notifiied which can result in not getting point's and some out of state offense don't cary points depending on the state it was offened in.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Scorch1
If you go up there anytime soon, send me a pm and let me know. I'd like to meet some more fbody people in the area.
I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. Think I'll just stick to ATCO so this kinda **** don't happen again...
Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Penn dot does add point. I tried to fight that and lost.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MIC5EY
Fight it. When you go, the prosecuter will probably reduce it to speeding or careless, with a good sized fine.
At your age, I'd pay for a lawyer. The impact could be much worse without one.

It will cost $ for the lawyer, and you will be fined more, but if your driving records clean, odds are it will be dropped somewhat, which will save you $$ in the long run.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

My brother did a 110 in a 55. They took his license for a month, towed his car that night, 500 + in fines, and 1500 or so for a lawyer. He also had to take a defensive driving class to take off some points and community service. He got f*ed up ......get a lawyer and play it safe
Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

yeah your insurance probably wont find out unless you get in an accident in which case they might notice the tickets.. because ive had 5 points for a year now for 95 in a 55.. lucky they got me then because i planned on 150.. but anyway.. insurance didnt go up at all since then and i had my licence suspended 15days, 5pts, 195$ fine.. so stay out of an accident.. my dad had 5 speeding tickets and insurance didnt do **** about it until he had an accident and then noticed the tickets.. and im in PA.. dad had Erie insurance, i have geico.. i think pts drop 3 per year until theyre gone.. most "street racing" tickets around here are $500+ fine