Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My truck is off to Turbo-Zone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 09:13 AM

So does the shop have ALL of the parts needed to complete the install or do you have "most" of them and they are waiting for parts?????
Old 07-12-2006 | 10:16 AM
8 second mod

its been a while, next time do the engine swap yourself, its simple. good luck with it tho, hope it is all worth it!!
Old 07-12-2006 | 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

that thing will never run..........................
Old 07-12-2006 | 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still looking to sell the original 6.0 longblock?
Old 07-12-2006 | 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i'm looking to sell the longblock. but i'm gonna wait till it's in my posession before i take money for it. sometime soon. i think you were the one who wanted it right?

Yes, all the parts are there. We ran into some issues with getting the turbo coated etc. Still an issue as far as I know. The balancer got there around the 6th. The meth kit is there. We ran into an issue with the motor mounts. Turns out nobody makes poly mounts for the trucks so it looks like we have to use stock mounts OR solid. Solid seems like a horrible idea though from what i've been told.

John's plate is FULL and then some. He just posted up some nice pics of his ls1 kit in the forced induction section. And, i know he's also trying to finish a twin kit for someone as well.

I just miss my truck more than I can even explain.
Old 07-13-2006 | 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I was and still am interested
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:19 AM
Restricted User

Noyzee - for someone who is not prepared to pull a motor or who doesn't have the tools, it's not a simple process. Pulling a motor from a truck is also a longer process (and different) versus pulling a motor from an F-body. As we all know, building a car, or truck in this case, takes time. Please don't insinuate that building a 900rwhp capable truck is easy...or a quick process. If anything, time and care needs to be taken, so this truck is 110% correct for Dan so he's happy with it. Thanks for understanding.

8alting - would you like to bet us your truck on that statement? I'm sorry he didn't choose DEZracing but a comment like that is unappreciated. Apparently Dan felt comfortable enough in our conversions to allow his truck to go 1 state west from Massachusetts. All wagers accepted - thanks.

02 SLP and Dan - that motor has been out for at least a week, if it needs to be shipped, we can do that. Either that or if he can wait until the 21st, it will come back with your truck.
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:33 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Noyzee - for someone who is not prepared to pull a motor or who doesn't have the tools, it's not a simple process. Pulling a motor from a truck is also a longer process (and different) versus pulling a motor from an F-body. As we all know, building a car, or truck in this case, takes time. Please don't insinuate that building a 900rwhp capable truck is easy...or a quick process. If anything, time and care needs to be taken, so this truck is 110% correct for Dan so he's happy with it. Thanks for understanding.

8alting - would you like to bet us your truck on that statement? I'm sorry he didn't choose DEZracing but a comment like that is unappreciated. Apparently Dan felt comfortable enough in our conversions to allow his truck to go 1 state west from Massachusetts. All wagers accepted - thanks.

02 SLP and Dan - that motor has been out for at least a week, if it needs to be shipped, we can do that. Either that or if he can wait until the 21st, it will come back with your truck.
let me tell you somthing, you dont have to tell me how hard or easy it is to build a car. incase you didnt notice, been there done that
i was simply stating if he was able to pull it out himself and do a few other things on his own it would make for a faster procces. meaning, you have his truck inturn he cant do little things like fix his console, wire gauges ect ect. i know what it takes to make power, trust me. my comment is in no way a shot at you, i cant wait to see the outcome!!!!! i also know things take time, again been there done that
maybe i came across wrong, if so, my bad
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:52 AM
Restricted User

Noyz - no, I know you're a good card, just making things clear. I know you of ALL people should know it takes time to go fast, you've been reaching for 8's for a while with a few combinations. I admire your perserverance...keep up the good work with the car. You will hit 8's this week...I can feel the power of the Noyzee side!
Old 07-13-2006 | 11:56 AM
8 second mod

Noyz - no, I know you're a good card, just making things clear. I know you of ALL people should know it takes time to go fast, you've been reaching for 8's for a while with a few combinations. I admire your perserverance...keep up the good work with the car. You will hit 8's this week...I can feel the power of the Noyzee side!
good deal, atleast we are clear. now get off line and work on that truck

8's not this week, maybe in a few weeks. but 8's for sure. lol
Old 07-13-2006 | 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Matt, I don't take offense to your comment at all. I know you're just busting *****. But noyzee on the other hand, you're gay. Me and you biotch. Line em up. lol
Old 07-13-2006 | 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
Matt, I don't take offense to your comment at all. I know you're just busting *****. But noyzee on the other hand, you're gay. Me and you biotch. Line em up. lol
Thanks Dan.....You know I am just bustin them....As for Turbo Zone...I have never heard anything bad about them...so why would I bash them...

Nosjohn- chill out... it was a joke.
Old 07-13-2006 | 04:56 PM
Restricted User

I apologize, didn't know you were just busting Dan's chops. :\
Old 07-13-2006 | 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I apologize, didn't know you were just busting Dan's chops. :\
Don't fall that fast Matt is a little **** stirrer and drives a slow *** truck
Old 07-13-2006 | 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Don't fall that fast Matt is a little **** stirrer and drives a slow *** truck
Kiss my *** Kindercakes.....u built the truck.
Old 07-13-2006 | 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Kiss my *** Kindercakes.....u built the truck.

oh snap!! them's fightin words.
Old 07-14-2006 | 12:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Noyz, hurry and hit 8's so you can say "Goal Acheived" and come back to the dark side of Turbos. You started me in the turbos **** in '03, and left me lonely. Im still waiting for pops to hand over the c5 to ya and watch you install a twin kit... soon...soon... BTW, you ever gonna come to Watkins Glen? You and Dad can share his car...they allow it!

BTW Dan, I HAVE to see that thing go... Im sitting on an 04 'rado and wondering how this will play out for ya! Looks like its gonna be awesome!!!
Old 07-17-2006 | 11:28 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Jammer
Noyz, hurry and hit 8's so you can say "Goal Acheived" and come back to the dark side of Turbos. You started me in the turbos **** in '03, and left me lonely. Im still waiting for pops to hand over the c5 to ya and watch you install a twin kit... soon...soon... BTW, you ever gonna come to Watkins Glen? You and Dad can share his car...they allow it!

BTW Dan, I HAVE to see that thing go... Im sitting on an 04 'rado and wondering how this will play out for ya! Looks like its gonna be awesome!!!
no turbo for me for a little while. im scared. lol
Old 07-17-2006 | 11:29 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
i aint racing you, you can run me over if you loose
Old 07-17-2006 | 10:13 PM
Restricted User

Dan-O:

A few more pics of stuff.

Here is the engine bay after cleaning and pressure washing. Clean enough to eat off:

Pic of the windage tray, oil pump tube going on. The tray holes have to be enlarged to fit. The oil pump and tray bolts had a small amount of red lock-tite applied to ensure no nuts or bolts come loose.