Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The TA is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Butch sorry to hear the bad news, what matters it that you're alright!! I would have to say its surely totalled, because it's worse than my TA was when I wrecked it! Hold onto it for a week or two, strip it of all its aftermarket parts and send it away on the flat bed. . thats what I did!
My old STB is mangled!!

Here's a couple pics of mine to compare damage!

As you can see in the second pic from the bottom I didn't waste anytime picking up the GTO!!! I see a vette in your future though!!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Butch, I'm glad your ok.

Based on the damage it may appear that you were flying when you hit the wall, but I think that mass damaged that occurred was from the angle that the car hit it.

Once again, glad your ok and keep wearing your seat belt. Cars can be replaced, people can't.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unklej

Cars can be replaced, people can't.

True Story!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Make sure you have all of your receipts and submit them to the insurance company. They should pro-rate the parts so you'll get something for them. They might not care what is on the car when it's taken away later. No need to discuss that after you claim them...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 PM
9 Second Club

Holy ****! Glad to hear your ok Butch! Such a beautiful car... Make sure you get all the good parts off it Whats next... another f-body, a vette?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for your support people.

To the people who appear to not believe me & what happned, well, you don't know me to well as the people who do know me know I don't bullshit & it all happened so fast that after the 2nd sneeze my eyes opened to the wall then the crash.

I was only in 2nd gear.
Far as speed, I don't know.
I wasn't looking at the speedo, just concrete.

I updated the page with 2 pics of the only external body damage I received.
http://home.comcast.net/~myws6/IMG_0040.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~myws6/IMG_0042.JPG

I have allot more $$ than I believe I'll get "credit" for when it's adjusted out.

After it's looked at, it'll be time to "rip" some stuff off the car, like the $1100 heads for starters, the cam if I can, the BMR suspension parts, Bilstein's, Eibach's & I'll have to get the tow company, if they will, to cut out my welded SFC's out.
I kept my original shifter I think so the Pro 5 I can rip out too.

I dunno, this is my 1st ever accident, of course it had to be a doozy on the start of a long weekend where I had plans, of course, who didn't, but I'll learn what I can & cannot do & take with the car quickly.

Now far as a "new" car, Z06, Hawk, dunno yet.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a fuking shame. Glad to see your alright man. Looks like the engine and tranny might be worth saving
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

holy crap butchy!!!! glad your ok man . sorry to see your car end up like that but you did walk away aatleast.

oh yea BLESS YOU
Old 05-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh well, my ego would be more hurt than anything but whatever. you know you would of never got rid of the car and all of these newer cars nowadays are pretty damn quick, now your kind of forced to move on to better and bigger things.

cant wait to see the new car
Old 05-27-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

glad to hear your ok! **** like that always happens on the start of a nice long weekend
Old 05-27-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Moral of story....there are always other cars....people can't be replaced and it is a good thing you had your belt on...
Old 05-27-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Butch, well it sure does make for a shitty weekend. You dont have to defend how it happened. Things happen real fast. Just think when the guys test how cars do in a front end crash the cars are only going 30 MPH and the front ends are blown away. It doesnt take much. As far as insurance is concerned listen to Tbyrne and others who have been through this. They will help, I'm sure. Remember Insurance Comp are out there as profit concerns and youve paid into the system for 30 years w/o an accident. Time for them to pay up.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Are all the tires/rims o.k.? if they are, I'll swap you for my stock ones that my car came with plus some $, tires on mine are about done, and the rims aren't perfect, but for the purpose of your car being totalled out, it won't really matter, plus it would be a way for you to get a little more out of it.

Lemme know.

I always hate to see that happen to one of these cars.... glad to hear you are o.k. though, that's the important part.

Good luck finding another car, there's a few I have seen around for sale that are pretty clean, I will keep an eye out for you if you'd like, any specific replacment that you are looking for?
Old 05-27-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

butchy what in the **** kinda sneeze was it? If thats what a sneeze and 400hp does i wonder what 800 and a fart will net me?

Glad your ok, laugh it of butch and get a new toy an put this behind you.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, thats horrible. at least you didn't get seriously hurt.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ButchN
While going to work today I sneezed while turning a corner.

I sneezed again & my foot jammed the gas, not the brake.

Next thing I know I saw a cement wall &... well the pictures in the link below speak for themselves as to what transpired next.

I am OK, quite shook up, but OK.

I have a sprained left foot, can't walk on it, very bruised left arm & am still shocked I was in an accident, my 1st in 30 years of driving.

It shows you how quick & fast that 400 HP can send you in such a short amount of time.

And this year is the 1st year I started wearing my seat belt.
I am not used to wearing it & after I crashed I was panicking that I could not get out of the car & thought I was trapped.

Then I quickly came to my senses & unclicked the seat belt & climbed out the passenger door.

Looks like the seat belt worked eh?

Accident pics here: http://home.comcast.net/~myws6/ws6_accident.html
hey i saw u at new england drag way!!! u work right down the street from my girlfriend in chelamsford!! sorry for u man that was a nice car!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you want another RED Ws6 I got 1 for ya
Old 05-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

wow, that sucks but glad your ok. I take on sneezing fits that can last up to 10 one right after the other, esp. this spring. I can see this happening very easily. As always it could have been worse, at least you didn't hit the outside corner of that wall or any people walking about. Hope you feel better.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

First I'd like to say sorry for your loss.

Second, you probably were not going that fast given the fact that you walked away and from the pictures. I'd guess maybe 25-30 when you hit the wall.

It is certainly totalled. There is no way the insurance will want to fix that. Like others have said grab what you can for sale or use on your next car. If you had your car insured for more than book value due to modifications legally you should leave all the extras on or in the car. If it was only insured for book value I believe you have the right to take any surviving aftermarket parts off before the insurance companyy takes it. It's probably acedemic as the insurance company will just sell it at salvage auction anyway. It may wind up at a relatives junk yard as he buys totalled fbody's up and down the east coast as his second business and sells the good parts on ebay.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

dam butch. that sucks big time man. as everyone else said its good to see you walked away ok, thats the main thing. really sucks tho that you just spent all that money to get it where you wanted power/suspension-wise and then this happens. i guess now its just time to step into something bigger and better.