Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

House work done!!!!! (for now)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Thats a big *** baby changing table hanging on the wall! Is that where you change Brad's diaper?
Old 06-28-2006 | 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
the 399's those things are selling like hot cakes right now.

Yeah I got another promotion, I now supervise 4 departments and come August I will be the "new" Muchkin Contender (wall hung unit) line Supervisor.
I love those 399's!

Whats the new contender going to be? Are they going to offer a 140 or a 199 wall hung? If we could get the 140 or even better the 199 in a wall hung we would buy a **** load of them!
Old 06-28-2006 | 07:30 AM
TECH Junkie

The hose has a bigger diameter and instead of the barbed fitting on the end, they now use a T with a cap on the top with a hole in it, and you thread into the bottom of it.
Old 06-28-2006 | 07:31 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Thats a big *** baby changing table hanging on the wall! Is that where you change Brad's diaper?
I thought brad only wore thongs?
Old 06-28-2006 | 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

good job looks good
Old 06-28-2006 | 08:18 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Congrats on the home renovations. It's definitely worth all the time money and sweat.

In the past couple years it seems like the projects never end and our home is only 9 years new. I put on a 600 sq ft deck last summer, and this past winter I redid the kitchen with new countertops and refaced the cabinets.

I look at the car sitting in the garage and have dreams of doing a LS2 402, 12-bolt, new paint job, etc etc etc, but I quickly realilze that I'd rather finish our basement and put in a pool table, 3-tap wetbar, 65" LCD, air hockey and enjoy the house more.

Congrats once again. It looks like you do nice work. Did you sub out any of it or did you do it all yourself?
Old 06-28-2006 | 08:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Congrats once again. It looks like you do nice work. Did you sub out any of it or did you do it all yourself?
Thanks... I hired a guy to come in & do the taping of the sheetrock, to convert the electrical (put in new panel box & a transfer switch for the generator) and a carpet company... But besides that it was all done by me & my dad... it was alot of work... all done on nights & weekends but it's done and didn't cost as much as I thought it was going to, so I'm real happy with it. Next year I'm completely renovating the upstairs... new kitchen & apliances, new carpet, sheetrock, all new bathroom... only thing I'll do different is I'll prob sub out the paint... I HATE painting
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:13 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

That **** is a ballers pad. Where are the Plasma screens going?
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
That **** is a ballers pad. Where are the Plasma screens going?
One is going on the wall in the weight room... & I have a 57" HDTV for that main room and a 61" for my upstairs living room... Now I just need to replace my 20 year old 21" in my bedroom that likes to shut off by itself
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nautilus
BTW: Anyone know someone looking to sell a pool table?
I have some poker tables for sale if you're interested... Here's the link to the factory website so you can check out some pics. http://www.sportcraft.com/asp/model....6-567&catid=28

I'm asking $100 each.
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94 LT1 SS
I have some poker tables for sale if you're interested... Here's the link to the factory website so you can check out some pics. http://www.sportcraft.com/asp/model....6-567&catid=28

I'm asking $100 each.
I thought about a card table... but I don't think I'll have enough room for one of those & a pool table. But thanks
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:51 AM
Humanitarian

I want to do my kitchen over bad, I just dont know how much it would be to re-tile the floor, re-finish the ceiling, re-face the cabinets, new counter tops, sink, fridge and dishwasher.
Old 06-28-2006 | 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great! One question, if you have had basemement water issues in the past what have you done to solve those because a flood now will destroy a lot of nice work.

I had to have my whole slab torn up and stone and drian pipe layed down and then had concrete poured again. It still smells damnp and my pumps run every 30 seconds but it has stayed mostly dry.
Old 06-28-2006 | 10:06 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Looks great! One question, if you have had basemement water issues in the past what have you done to solve those because a flood now will destroy a lot of nice work.
I had my entire foundation dug up last fall, all the way down below the footings... When the house was built the foundation wasn't done correctly... no drains.. not sealed...

I pressure washed the foundation and put 4 coats of foundation sealer on it... then had foundation drains put in and run 50 feet behind my house & over a bank... then hav 6-7 truck loads of gravel spread on top of that... then another 6-7 truck loads of sand... Problem fixed!
Old 06-28-2006 | 10:19 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I want to do my kitchen over bad, I just dont know how much it would be to re-tile the floor, re-finish the ceiling, re-face the cabinets, new counter tops, sink, fridge and dishwasher.
I know what you mean... I have a feeling my kitchen is going to be expensive to do
Old 06-28-2006 | 11:36 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Looks good Tim! Pool table in there will be real nice, ya could probably put a counter on the wall where the stairs are, right above a small fridge for booze... wouldn't take up too much room I don't think... or put it in the corner where the poles are... probably work better there actually.

I'm in the process of the outside now on my house and the garage.. it won't be a Tbyrne garage that's for sure, but will serve the purpose... I'll have before and after pic's to post sooner or later... later at the rate it's going with the damn rain
Old 06-28-2006 | 11:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Looks good Tim! Pool table in there will be real nice, ya could probably put a counter on the wall where the stairs are, right above a small fridge for booze... wouldn't take up too much room I don't think... or put it in the corner where the poles are... probably work better there actually.

I'm in the process of the outside now on my house and the garage.. it won't be a Tbyrne garage that's for sure, but will serve the purpose... I'll have before and after pic's to post sooner or later... later at the rate it's going with the damn rain
Thanks... yeah that wall by the stairs is where the TV is going... the bar would have to go on the other side of the room... The bar will come last.. I have alot of other stuff to get & do first.

Post up some pics once your garage is done!
Old 06-28-2006 | 12:24 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

definately will... I have a bunch of good 35mm pic's of the house before, I'll get them converted to jpeg's so I can post tehm too, you won't think it's the same place.

I'm hoping that by the end of the week, if the rain holds off the siding will be done, guy's coming this saturday to measure for the door.

I still have to get the driveway done and get the elec. serivce in the house upgraded, and power run out to the garage.. then I can insulate the garage and sheetrock it, but that probably won't happen until next summer I'm guessing, I'm looking at probaby another 5g's to remove the old driceway and put in the new one, and the elec. will probably be 2 grand if not more.. I have 60 amp service now I have to up to at least 100, and I want to run 2 230v circuits to the garage for a welder and a compressor, and a 120 circuit too.. so a pipe will be needed. Probably a phone line and a cable tv line will go in the pipe too while I'm at it, mine as well run them all at once, when I eventually get a new Tv for my living room, I'll move the old one out there. Phone will be nice to have there too, so I don't have to run back in the house to make a call or get it.

Hopefully, I'll have it all done by next spring, but the building itself will be hopefully finished in 2 weeks, door and all... then I'll finally have a place to put the car
Old 06-28-2006 | 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Haha, sounds like me... 2 years ago I had my driveway paved & finished off my garage... last year the house & garage got a new roof & fixed the foundation... THis year the basement was finished.. the generator installed, upgraded to a 100amp service, everything was re wired, new heating system, all of the old plumbing was torn out and re plumbed... next year will be new siding, new deck and remodeling the upstairs... and somewhere in there I need to do some landscaping... it seems like it will never end.

Or yeah... just about the time I'm finished with all of this work I'll prob want to go buy a bigger house
Old 06-28-2006 | 12:45 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Big Mike
you have a crush on me? every post you make has me in it

tim, looking good, cant wait for the home warming party. tea and crupits??