can someone pm me with psi phone numbers
Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got mail, homey.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to be fair it should be noted there are a lot of satisfied FBC customers in the Balt/Wash area. There are also a lot of satisfied PSI customers who were FBC customers when Jeff worked there. FBC does have a greasy garage look to it, but they are making changes for the better. I have no idea what PSI's shop looks like. As for customer service I can say first hand that FBC returns my calls, gets things done when they say will & has not messed anything up on my car. I gave PSI an oppertunity to price FI components/install when I was shopping in January. I spoke with Jeff on the phone, he knew who I was, what I wanted to do & promised to get back with suggestions/prices. I never heard back from him & bought the stuff from EPP. I tried to contact Jeff again to get the tune since I knew he had the new dyno, didn't hear from him again & in the mean time discovered FBC was getting a dyno too. After some discussion on EFA setting up the tuning at FBC which Jeff obviously saw he had his employee/girlfriend or whatever return my call from about a month earlier about the tuning. Twice I was basically ignored for weeks at a time & I was trying to give them thousands in business. My assumption is:
1. total disorganization
or
2. you have to be one of his nad hangers to get a response

Just my personal experience
Old 07-20-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Understandable point of view. I won't address the "nad hangers" comment but like I said, Jeff gets all of the F-up's from FBC *along with* regular business, so that in itself causes him to be overwhelmed much of the time. It's easy to take it personally when he doesn't call you back but it's just something you take with a grain of salt considering his circumstances. I've certainly had many times I would have liked for him to call me back but I understood when he didn't (and I've been a customer for a looong time, he has even stored my car for 6 months at a time) because he perpetually works until 2am day in and day out even though he certainly doesn't have to - he does it for the customers. IMHO, I would rather have a few calls not returned than have to take my car back to a shop 3 times for things they did wrong and continue to do wrong. Again, it's all based from personal opinions and it shouldn't come down to this shop did this and this shop did that. Everyone who really has an itch to try out FBC for whatever reason (or good experiences they have heard about) should go for it and hopefully it works out well for them.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:50 PM
9 Second Club

Sorry about the nh comment. No reason to argue any of this much more as it's highly subjective. Anything new on a DC get together?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not that I've heard since I posted up in the Eastern section. I'd like to arrange one soon though. I'll try and resurrect the thread.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Launching!

+1 for F-Body Central.
Jason has worked on my car since I was stationed in Maryland. He always returns my phone calls, answers questions and do favors for customers that other shops simply don't have the time or the motivation to do.
Jason's shop is packed every night. From sponsored cars to customer's cars. He has a large shop with a brand new customer service/show room. (I personally think it's pretty cool to play XBox while waiting for my car to be buttoned up) Jason also takes in "problem cars" from other shops. You're never going to be able to satisfy %100 of your customer base.

I've never had a problem with his work. I've been working on putting in a new engine in my car with Jason's guidence. Jason't tuner's are top notch and always approachable.
But it's up to you to make a decision. Call both shops and ask questions.