Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My car went on the dyno today :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006 | 05:31 PM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

Mark, maybe this will make sense to you, maybe it won't.

You missed the mark by 0.7% on an instrument who's absolute accuracy is +/- 1.0% through a correction which is only correct within 2.5%.

Don't sweat the dyno number. You have a nice safe tune that will get some longevity out of your setup.

Take it to the track.

-Kevin
Old 07-17-2006 | 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

The heads are the Stage 1, correct? Anything else you'd have to flycut the pistons...which eliminates the hogged out heads theory.

I bet the DCR is very low with that camshaft, hurting the tq #'s. I'd look into replacing the cam honestly.

That peak HP doesnt look too bad to me through cats...get a 90/90 on there and a stock MAF and you should be right around 440rwhp. Change the camshaft, get rid of the cats for some duals...car should see big power.
Old 07-17-2006 | 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Also I see "C-C lifters" in your sig, obviously Comp Cams but which style?
Old 07-18-2006 | 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoGo
Mark, maybe this will make sense to you, maybe it won't.

You missed the mark by 0.7% on an instrument who's absolute accuracy is +/- 1.0% through a correction which is only correct within 2.5%.

Don't sweat the dyno number. You have a nice safe tune that will get some longevity out of your setup.

Take it to the track.

-Kevin
Um not really, Hey im not that disapointed with the number considering i started at 281hp, but i just guess that with everybody telling me that they wouldnt be satisfied with anything less than 430 with my set-up kinda bugs me. By the way lol looks like my tire tread out in front of the dyno shop lol.
Kevin everybody is asking me about the timing and all that junk i dont know much about what you did so could you add in the timing.

Thanks again for the tune, how was being stuck in texas.

Id love to take it too the track when i get it back seems like forever i havnt had my car.

Oh and do you think that the ud pulley will ever go on????

Last edited by 1slowls1; 07-18-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2006 | 01:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Also I see "C-C lifters" in your sig, obviously Comp Cams but which style?

Comp Cams Replacement Hydraulic Roller Lifters

pn# 4-850-16

I talked with jon from tsp today he said it should be seeing 10.5 : 1
Old 07-18-2006 | 05:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The last thing I would blame is the tune,Kevin is very good at tuning.He just works with what he got. Also I wouldn't listen to the dyno racers on this board.The only thing that threw people off is the torque # which I would point at the package itself.

For the oil thing,if the shop is worried about it you shouldn't be driving it at all.1 second of lost oil pressure could spin the bearings and possibly shoot a rod out out of the block.
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The last thing I would blame is the tune,Kevin is very good at tuning.He just works with what he got. Also I wouldn't listen to the dyno racers on this board.The only thing that threw people off is the torque # which I would point at the package itself.

For the oil thing,if the shop is worried about it you shouldn't be driving it at all.1 second of lost oil pressure could spin the bearings and possibly shoot a rod out out of the block.
The last thing I was worrying about was kevins ability to tune I know he is good and I trust him.

What would you do differently change the cam or ?????

As far as the oil thing goes im glad they were honest to tell me that "hey you know maybe a seal got placed in wrong im not giving you the car back until we fix the leak and the oil pressure is correct, im glad they did that

oh and by the way im trying to get ahold of SHANER to talk about getting my stock tb ported and in the process of possibly buying a stock maf i just dont have paypal to pay him.
And ill still be looking for someone to try and attempt to put this ud pulley on would you be up to the challenge.
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowls1
The last thing I was worrying about was kevins ability to tune I know he is good and I trust him.

What would you do differently change the cam or ?????

As far as the oil thing goes im glad they were honest to tell me that "hey you know maybe a seal got placed in wrong im not giving you the car back until we fix the leak and the oil pressure is correct, im glad they did that

oh and by the way im trying to get ahold of SHANER to talk about getting my stock tb ported and in the process of possibly buying a stock maf i just dont have paypal to pay him.
And ill still be looking for someone to try and attempt to put this ud pulley on would you be up to the challenge.
good luck getting SHANER to port yout TB he has ALOT of issues getting stuff done, do a search on him and look into him before sending any money
Old 07-18-2006 | 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

slowhawk ports tb's, its not rocket science.
Old 07-18-2006 | 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

dyno graph.
Attached Thumbnails My car went on the dyno today :(-dyno-run-2-.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006 | 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some people claim 430+ RWHP with the cam I have in CAM ONLY cars. Look at my numbers with ported heads (numbers were before 12-bolt insatll too).

As long as I am in the 11's this week-end, I could care less what the numbers say - although I did tell Don to burn it if it didn't hit at least 400