Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2002 Honda CBR954RR For Sale in NJ $4250.00

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Honda CBR954RR For Sale in NJ $4250.00

Just posting this if anyone's interested. I purchased this 954 about a year ago and have completed rebuilding it. The story was some kid bought the bike from the original owner and rode it for a short while not registered it in his name. He got chased by the cops one night and while running from them and laid the bike down. I bought the bike several months later with a replacement (Clean) title (I saw the original destroyed, because it was signed over, but never registered) and acquired the parts to rebuild it. Here's the finished product. The bike rides, with no problems. It's got just over 10K on the clock. The only thing I didn't/can't fix (as I can't weld aluminum, or have access to someone who does) is a scrape and dent in the frame. I've been over this thing and asked others. Everyone I've inquired about it says it can be fixed. You be the judge. I've replaced all of the plastics and tank with 2003 Black and Titanium panels that include some color-changing blue/green/purple highlights around the factory graphics. The D&D pipe that on it has been shortened and the bracket still has some rash from the accident. I'm including some pics, but I have more. I also have a vid clip of the bike running I'm trying to make smaller and load on putfile.com. The bike is obviously not perfect, but it is actually pretty decent. It still gets compliments on it's repaired appearance. I've replaced the left clipon, upper and lower stays (with new OEM pieces), the left rearset and left mirror. I have another rear wheel for it, but have been unable to change it as a friend permanently borrowed my rear stand. The original that's on the bike has a crack in the lip I don't trust. Both rims have good tires. The front tire I feel should be changed soon. I'm looking for $4250.00 for the completed bike and a few extra odds and ends. Let me know what you guys think. The bike is located in central/northern New Jersey. Here are some more pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/nyracer
Just click on the bike pics there. I'm open to trades too, of cool cars and such. I don't need a daily driver as I have one. You're more then welcome to come check out the bike too if you're local and interested. Thanks.
Abe