Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

F-Body Series Update, Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F-Body Series Update, Bad News

hey gang,
it has become apparent that we can't do the racing series for 2007. i just cut and pasted what is below from what i put up on our site cause it hurt enough to have to write it the first time.
several people ahve put a few hundred hours each into trying to bring this together, so this result is certainly not from a lack of effort. thanks to everyone for the support and please keep an eye on the f-body clash and east coast nats hosted by the NJFBOA as they will be our primary basis to lay the groundwork for another attempt at the series in the future.

-thanks

i know a lot of you already read in the NJFBOA e-newsletter that was sent out last night, but i feel that a little better explaination of the situation is appropriate since everyone has given so much feedback and support to the series concept.
for those who did not read the newsletter, we will not be able to follow through with the f-body series for the 2007 season.
as we got into the actual numbers invovled as to the cost of this idea, we found that it is currently far more than the club can support. our estimates place the costs of just getting the series organized, fully promoted, and all dates locked in with teh tracks at somewhere in the $7,000-10,000 range. that is vastly more than we had anticipated and many times more than the club can currently support.
these costs could have been covered by sponsorship dollars, but it quickly became apparent that this would lead to two more issues.
if sponsorship money is used to cover event costs there would be little left over for the prize fund. without a prize fund car count would drop dramatically, without car count sponsors lose interest quickly, and it goes on and on in a viscious tail spin from there.
secondly, we have had some potential sponsors with requests/demands that are currently unrealistic. i won't go into detail as to who wanted what, but it woudl be fair to say that as a new start up series it would be unrealistic and truely dishonest of us to try to promise any potential sponsor/vendor/advertiser the world on a platter.

please don't be discouraged, there is hope on the horizon. we made a lot of really great contacts during this process and they have all promised to support us as we work towards the establishment of the series in the future. our immediate plan is to follow the basic racing and show class structure that we have been discussing here at both the F-Body Clash and East Coast F-Body Nationals in 2008. with the continued growth and success of these events we will be better prepared when we are in a proper position to take another stab at putting the series together.

thanks for all of your support during this process. please stay tuned in to the latest in the clash and nats forums as we will be posting up our finalized rules packages soon and starting to put together sponsorship packages for the events.

-thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Tim, chalk this one up as experience. Costly experience for sure! We just aren't sure that the LSX crowd is big enough and dedicated enough to keep a racing series going, seems like the Mustang crowd is more hardcore and supportive, willing to travel.

Sure, there are several hardcore and badass LSX racers, but not enough to keep a series floating. We need a minimum of 120 vehicles racing at each event just to break even, and we weren't even seeing half of that.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the support. it is a tough pill to swallow after all the effort and support that people put in. we will see what we can do to develop our existing events and maybe it will lead us to another attempt at the series once the club is at least supporting itself financially(currently tru2chevy and i run the show mostly out of pocket)
thanks for all the support gang. please keep an eye out for updates about the clash and the east coast nats. we will be holding those events with some added features and using the basic class structure that was being discussed for the series.

nineball, you know where to find me if you wanna get an LS1Tech event in the northeast. i woudl gladly put my resources to work to see some of the bad *** cars in person that i read about on this site. just say the word, i have track management on speed dial