Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

WTF, any other city this hard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like it was said, MA is not a 'shall issue' state. the police chief can deny you for any, or no reason. they might be more likely to just give you a license without hastle if you ask for a 'class A - restricted', which means you can purchase and transport a firearm and ammo, but just not carry a concealed firearm. i do not recommend this, cuz it is your 2nd ammendment right to bear arms.

if you meet all of the criteria, but they deny you just because they are dicks, you can get a letter from a lawyer (they usually charge about $100 for this), and pretty much you will get it. in peabody, they also force you to retake the firearms safety course every time you go to renew your permit. danvers fish and game offers a discounted safety class to members for re-takes (pretty much to help out the peabody people).

call G.O.A.L. to get a recommended lawyer if that is the route you want to take. (www.goal.org) you dont have to be a member for them to give you general info like that. if they wont tell you over the phone, i can get you one from the GOAL newsletter when i get home.

also, my dad's family is from peabody, and i'm pretty sure he is buddies with some peabody cops (might be danvers cops). also, my uncle runs a barber shop in peabody square, so i bet he knows plenty too. lemme make some calls and see if i can get a hookup.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:17 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
like it was said, MA is not a 'shall issue' state. the police chief can deny you for any, or no reason. they might be more likely to just give you a license without hastle if you ask for a 'class A - restricted', which means you can purchase and transport a firearm and ammo, but just not carry a concealed firearm. i do not recommend this, cuz it is your 2nd ammendment right to bear arms.

if you meet all of the criteria, but they deny you just because they are dicks, you can get a letter from a lawyer (they usually charge about $100 for this), and pretty much you will get it. in peabody, they also force you to retake the firearms safety course every time you go to renew your permit. danvers fish and game offers a discounted safety class to members for re-takes (pretty much to help out the peabody people).

call G.O.A.L. to get a recommended lawyer if that is the route you want to take. (www.goal.org) you dont have to be a member for them to give you general info like that. if they wont tell you over the phone, i can get you one from the GOAL newsletter when i get home.

also, my dad's family is from peabody, and i'm pretty sure he is buddies with some peabody cops (might be danvers cops). also, my uncle runs a barber shop in peabody square, so i bet he knows plenty too. lemme make some calls and see if i can get a hookup.
yhea, sweet. see what you can do
Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bobs shooting range is the place to go. That where I recieved my hand gun safety course certificate.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by B-MAN
Bobs shooting range is the place to go. That where I recieved my hand gun safety course certificate.
thats where im going tuesday, and that is the place i went this week shooting
Old 10-12-2006, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

I love it there. We should go there and shoot off a few rounds. It's been awhile since the last time I went. Bob's is a cool place, right off of 1A. It's a good course, You'll like it.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by B-MAN
I love it there. We should go there and shoot off a few rounds. It's been awhile since the last time I went. Bob's is a cool place, right off of 1A. It's a good course, You'll like it.
im game. like i said, im going tuesday for the course
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

If you get a chance, Fire off a Sigsaur P226 9mm. You'll fall in love with it.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Let me know how it goes, I'll be doing mine next year. Oh yea, I'd like to introduce you to what I lovingly call "the sex".

Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Default librals

Originally Posted by Noyzee
see, i can also go to state. if my city saysno, i can go state and fight it. i have a right to bare arms. its my constitutional right, and iknow i can fight it, its just a pain in the ***
dude yo have the friggin Kenedy's there. dude good luck in that democrat infested state.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you have a clean record put up a big stink about it. It's your right to bare arms. Part of what this country was founded on. Unless they can give you a 100% solid reason fight it, and you will eventually get it. I live in a crime filled city that usually never issues one, but I was a pain in the ***, and got mine.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
if you have a clean record put up a big stink about it. It's your right to bare arms. Part of what this country was founded on. Unless they can give you a 100% solid reason fight it, and you will eventually get it. I live in a crime filled city that usually never issues one, but I was a pain in the ***, and got mine.
the thought of you with a firearm is just scary josh lol.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Take a State Police certified/approved safety course, receive your certificate, make a copy for your records and take the original to the local Police Station! Wait a few weeks and hopefully get what you asked for! I know some folk around here that went for a Class A but were turned down and given a Class A Restricted or Class B. . . Ha Ha, but that's the way it goes per town/city! "All Lawful Purposes" is key!!

The above is all it took for me to obtain my Class A Large Capacity!!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

go there with the 2nd amedment argument see how far you get.

that is one nice 45 I haven't seen that model befor, is that available to the public? Not something you want to cary but it's a sweet looking pice.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by obsolete346
Let me know how it goes, I'll be doing mine next year. Oh yea, I'd like to introduce you to what I lovingly call "the sex".

Nice, H&K USP Tactical.

I always wanted a Mark 23 and thats the next best thing.

I got a poly USP 45 and I love it.

H&K makes the best combat semi autos ever IMHO.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM
9 Second Club

thats where im going tuesday, and that is the place i went this week shooting
One of these days if you come up to my place, I'll take you shooting. We have a range on my property and I have quite the collection of intresting toys to play with....
Old 10-13-2006, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

"All Lawful Purposes" is key!!

I would have to agree!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

for many cities, 'all lawful purposes' is no longer a valid reason. they changed up the application process in the last year or so and they now require you to write out a big explaination as to why you have a general fear for you life.

http://www.goal.org/news/LTCapps.htm
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
One of these days if you come up to my place, I'll take you shooting. We have a range on my property and I have quite the collection of intresting toys to play with....
yo dog, im in!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 AM
9 Second Club

yo dog, im in!!!!!!
Like I said, whenever you guys want to come up... I've got room. Bunch of us are going out for dinner & drinks on Sat. Followed by the UFC fight back at my house
Old 10-13-2006, 09:52 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Like I said, whenever you guys want to come up... I've got room. Bunch of us are going out for dinner & drinks on Sat. Followed by the UFC fight back at my house
tommorow??

can we get drunk and go shooting. lol jk