Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Since nobody is posting up, how did the Monday GMHTP shootout go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
I dont know if you remember me Laura, but congrats. I remember you from a few years ago at E-town T&T nights....

Can someone please share the salty pocket thing? I'm totally lost on that one.
It's a MD thing. Even I don't really understand it because I am from PA. I remember you. How is your car?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Salty pockets = Drinking the HATERADE!

New shizzle for 07'
Old 11-02-2006, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Um Im running 4.56's so it would be a problem running 135 to 138 mph

You are right, my converter is crying its eyes out... maybe that is why I have a clutch, and my 4l60E is in such pain that Im running a stock t56...

No need to "be about it" since the car was built specificaly to be an N/A car. CARTEK wants to see good numbers with a simple H/C set up and that is what I'm going for. But I guess running 10.5's @ 129+ in a stock bottom end H/C car that is driven to and from the track... wow... its such a turn!

my bad, I thought you had an auto but now that you have a m6 your chances of running 9's on a 100 shot just went from bad to worse Oh yeah a stock bottom end is just that, STOCK. not reringed and upgrades like rod bolts and oh yeah about that whole driving to the track thing and running 10.5's, yeah I do that except I do it faster and more consistant wieghing more and rocking ALL my leather interior and on drag radials not to mention the 3:73 gears
Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red Dragoness
It's a MD thing. Even I don't really understand it because I am from PA. I remember you. How is your car?
The car is good, not quite as fast as yours! Im jealous!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Launching!

It took a lot of time (and money) to get my turd in the 9's. The only thing that made it all worthwhile was seeing nothing but sky and the hood of my car until the 60' mark. I am going to up the shot a bit next season to see if I can get a little closer to 9.5's. I gotta keep up with those GB Boys.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
9 Second Club

I am going to up the shot a bit next season to see if I can get a little closer to 9.5's. I gotta keep up with those GB Boys.
**** I dont have the bread to legally run 9's thats why I will be track rental going to **** there is still alot of things left to do for me to run mid 9's next year, hopefully I can keep up with the "jones" next year
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

It took a lot of time (and money) to get my turd in the 9's. The only thing that made it all worthwhile was seeing nothing but sky and the hood of my car until the 60' mark. I am going to up the shot a bit next season to see if I can get a little closer to 9.5's. I gotta keep up with those GB Boys.
I know how long you have been working on this car... I will be happy if mine goes 10s.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
**** I dont have the bread to legally run 9's thats why I will be track rental going to **** there is still alot of things left to do for me to run mid 9's next year, hopefully I can keep up with the "jones" next year
I already sold a kidney and my soul to the to get my car to be legal. I still need a chassis cert and my T&L but that can wait until next year. I am going to spend a few more bucks over the winter getting a few odds and ends but nothing too majorly expensive. My biggest bill will be those pimp *** Hoosier Daddy Drag Radials.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Launching!

I know how long you have been working on this car... I will be happy if mine goes 10s.

You'll get there. Just give it some time (and more money).
Old 11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
CARTEK Racing

my bad, I thought you had an auto but now that you have a m6 your chances of running 9's on a 100 shot just went from bad to worse Oh yeah a stock bottom end is just that, STOCK. not reringed and upgrades like rod bolts and oh yeah about that whole driving to the track thing and running 10.5's, yeah I do that except I do it faster and more consistant wieghing more and rocking ALL my leather interior and on drag radials not to mention the 3:73 gears
Are you basing that on your skill with a 6spd or lack there off? There have been more then a few cars that have shifted into the 9's with T56. I don't see it as being a skill problem for me with a 100 or 125 shot. I think that would be more then enough power and I know I can shift fast enough. As far as reliability, who knows, a T56 is sure as hell stronger the a 4L60. Anyone can run fast with a big enough nitrous shot...

As far as "stock bottom end" like Marc said before, its prety well understood that ARP rob-bolts NO NOT denote an non stock shortblock. As far as reringing; it was never honed, and stock GM Rings were used w/o changing the ring gap, so its the same as having a slightly fresher stock shortblock.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Are you basing that on your skill with a 6spd or lack there off? There have been more then a few cars that have shifted into the 9's with T56. I don't see it as being a skill problem for me with a 100 or 125 shot. I think that would be more then enough power and I know I can shift fast enough. As far as reliability, who knows, a T56 is sure as hell stronger the a 4L60. Anyone can run fast with a big enough nitrous shot...

As far as "stock bottom end" like Marc said before, its prety well understood that ARP rob-bolts NO NOT denote an non stock shortblock. As far as reringing; it was never honed, and stock GM Rings were used w/o changing the ring gap, so its the same as having a slightly fresher stock shortblock.
y0 dont talk about running 9's be about running 9's as for t-56's being strong I guess they are if you shift like a women, after I trashed a few I went th400 I like your modo though "Anyone can run fast with a big enough nitorus shot" cuz that sums you up in a total nutshell of how much of a ******* clown that you really are
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 PM
CARTEK Racing

y0 dont talk about running 9's be about running 9's as for t-56's being strong I guess they are if you shift like a women, after I trashed a few I went th400 I like your modo though "Anyone can run fast with a big enough nitorus shot" cuz that sums you up in a total nutshell of how much of a ******* clown that you really are
What a wonderfull argument...
Old 11-02-2006, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

Heyyyy, I thought you were jealous of MY car!!
She's faster, I understand
Old 11-02-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

How is the tranny situation working out for you? Are you going to go with a TH350? I really don't think its all that bad. Jonathon, the guy from North Carolina, has driven that Trans Am to my town which is an hour from him with the TH350. That was on the old 346+ spray combo. It makes a bit more racket on the highway then he'd like but I think its well worth it. And I'm pretty sure its cheaper in the long run too....
Old 11-02-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kenny H
Jonathon, the guy from North Carolina, has driven that Trans Am to my town which is an hour from him with the TH350. That was on the old 346+ spray combo. It makes a bit more racket on the highway then he'd like but I think its well worth it. And I'm pretty sure its cheaper in the long run too....
What axle ratio was it then? And was it a lockup converter/trans?

I think Laura is planning to stay with the 4L80E, it seems to be working for her as well as the other Camaros there with similar combos.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
What axle ratio was it then? And was it a lockup converter/trans?

I think Laura is planning to stay with the 4L80E, it seems to be working for her as well as the other Camaros there with similar combos.
non lock-up convertor and LOTS of gear. I want to say possibly 4.56s. Keep in mind with that old combo it was set-up to run 1/8th mile with the 6 speed. When he went to the TH350 I don't know if he changed rear gears immediately or not. He might have did 3.73s or 4.10s at the time, I'm not sure.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kenny H
non lock-up convertor and LOTS of gear. I want to say possibly 4.56s. Keep in mind with that old combo it was set-up to run 1/8th mile with the 6 speed. When he went to the TH350 I don't know if he changed rear gears immediately or not. He might have did 3.73s or 4.10s at the time, I'm not sure.
Non lock up th350 with 4.56's I would say isn't very driveable. I have a non lock up th350 and 4:10's with 29" tires and I would say that at least for me, it's right on the edge. Like on a real hot day, you gotta watch those temps on the highway. Otherwise I get around just fine.
The th350 is very reliable.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Sounds like Alex isn't playing well with others.
Yup, yup.. Alex will never change. At least she *revealed* her et/mph, and didn't make it a state secret.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bspz28
Congrats Laura .. Nice times you ran there
Yeah- what Pete said.. that shortblock was good after all!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

I can stop by englishtown with my all leather 3700 pound glen burnie street car and **** on your gutted *** cartek stage 4000 race car
Choppin-suey.. don't know you but I gotta say- I like your style!