Dieso stage 1 results

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
More HP for DIESO

Then descreened the MA and lost HP.
That's not the first time I have heard of that happening, intresting it's been found to happen again.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

338/361 ... thats just freaky. sounds like a reason to do celebration burnout's!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
338/361 ... thats just freaky. sounds like a reason to do celebration burnout's!!!!!!!!!!!
340hp/361tq I put the screened end back on
Old 11-17-2006, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That's not the first time I have heard of that happening, intresting it's been found to happen again.
I've actually seen good gains on 400+hp cars,just stock one's don't need it.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DIESO is finally making his father proud! I love you son!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Race your car!

dunno, guess there's a point where it will help.

I never touched mine, I've heard/seen too many people have problems with the 85mm ones, and people that have descreend them have had mixed results, no solid + or -.... probably doesn't really matter until you're at the point where it can't flow enough air to feed the motor ( probably 7xx hp, or whatever ). At that point, I'd think removing it completely would be a viable option.

The results are pretty good for a bolton car too by the way.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

dunno, guess there's a point where it will help.

I never touched mine, I've heard/seen too many people have problems with the 85mm ones, and people that have descreend them have had mixed results, no solid + or -.... probably doesn't really matter until you're at the point where it can't flow enough air to feed the motor ( probably 7xx hp, or whatever ). At that point, I'd think removing it completely would be a viable option.

The results are pretty good for a bolton car too by the way.
I sure hope to hell you aren't running a MAF in your current setup.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:12 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW,I made 356RW and went 11.74@116 at a fairly heavy (3600lb) weight
These cars are amazing
Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I sure hope to hell you aren't running a MAF in your current setup.

yup, it's still in there...mainly so I can get it thru emmissions next spring, cats are still in it too I think next summer it will be the last year it sees the road, after that it will probably be off for good, at that point all the BS stops.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yup, it's still in there...mainly so I can get it thru emmissions next spring, cats are still in it too I think next summer it will be the last year it sees the road, after that it will probably be off for good, at that point all the BS stops.
You have no idea how that MAF is holding you back

Inspection doesn't matter,1 minute to change the tune back/forth
Old 11-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Race your car!

Oh I suspect it's a problem believe me. I'm very seriously considering putting an edlebrock on it in the spring, and ditching the maf at that point.... put the elbow on the intake, and put a rubber coupler in place of the maf to the lid when the intake goes on... emmissions has to get done end of april I'll probably just leave it alone until then and afterwards do the swap and see what happens.

You think the maf is holding it bask LOL, what about the catted Y pipe that's still on it? Not that you or anyone really cares, but it makes the 10.80 say a little more... imagine what it will do after all that stuff is changed/done... nevermind what screwing a set of 28 et drags on the rims will do. Still spinning alot, and the rims were probably shifting about 4 inches every pass in the beads

Sometimes I'm not even sure how it ran as fast as it did... when you think about all that stuff.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh I suspect it's a problem believe me. I'm very seriously considering putting an edlebrock on it in the spring, and ditching the maf at that point.... put the elbow on the intake, and put a rubber coupler in place of the maf to the lid when the intake goes on... emmissions has to get done end of april I'll probably just leave it alone until then and afterwards do the swap and see what happens.

You think the maf is holding it bask LOL, what about the catted Y pipe that's still on it? Not that you or anyone really cares, but it makes the 10.80 say a little more... imagine what it will do after all that stuff is changed/done... nevermind what screwing a set of 28 et drags on the rims will do. Still spinning alot, and the rims were probably shifting about 4 inches every pass in the beads

Sometimes I'm not even sure how it ran as fast as it did... when you think about all that stuff.
I figured right now you have no idea how the car should run.The MAF should of never even been considered to go back on that car with the setup you have.Cats are bad but not as bad as the intake setup.

I still can't figure out your car. I've got all kinds of pieces of the build. 402 ci,ET 240 heads,high 240's Cam,12.5 to 13-1 compression,FAST 90,6000stall and it rev's to 7500rpm.

By my Math you should never run out of gear if it rev's to 7500rpm,even with 26" tall tires and 4.11 gears.Unless it is at 140mph
Running 7500rpm with a small MAF would probly drop atleast 80hp.The current exhaust probly 40-50hp.
The 10.8 indicates a well built 346ci when ussing a braked T400. It just looks like a high priced longblock with Bargan outlet bolt-ons.Totally choking a good setup
Old 11-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Race your car!

You're right on alot of that really. Pretty much what happened... is this:

put a set of heads on stock shortblock, it didn't like that much, ate #7, which I believe was started way back when I allowed a shop in CT to do some stuff to it that really has no business touching lsx cars, J&M, but that's a whole different can of worms.

New motor time, decided on a 402, about 2 weeks after that decision was made, i was offered a deal on some parts that couldn't be passed up... just too good, anyone in the situation would have done it.

Now, it's together, with the tranny setup that I bought off sonic snake that was in the black car before the glide went in, it's got the motor that eastside was gonna put in the orange car before the outlaw route was chosen.... and I'm left to finish it off with the rest of what's needed to make it into the beast that it can be. The intake, for example, I got on a VERY good deal, and when the original plan of reusing my old ls6 heads was the route, it would have been perfect. Ikinda suspected it was gonna be a choke for the ET heads, but the budget just didn't have the funds to ditch it. The maf I also suspected would be a potential probelm, but I didn't want to mess with having to swap it back for emmissions.. it's gonna get doen next spring for the last time, and I'l hvae 2 more years to go before it would be an issue again, and will be off the road by then.

As for runnign out of gear, you're probably right on that too, I know I'm shifting it way early with the ligth set at 6800... but being a brand new motor, I don't think spinning it to the moon this early is wise.

Like I said, all that together, it's kinda amazing it even ran what it did.. just goes to show what it is capable of, I just wish I could jumpstart my wallet so I could finish the car. It's not a matter if me knowing what it needs, it's just working it into the budget.

A sheet metal, or even the edlebrock intake with an elbow and my NW 90mm would easily add 30+ hp at the tires I think. Dropping the exhaust off the headers and putting on a set of bullets, probably another 20 at the tires. Getting the rest of the weight out of the car, probably another 1/2 second. Putting the right tire on the car and screwing them on, another big improvment. Could teh car see a 9.xx on motor... I suspect it is possible... when it's actually finished.

Enough about my work in progress heap.. You guys gonna take the new dieso project to the track before spring? Be nice to get a # out of where it's at now, so you can see the progress the additional stuff will result in. What's the weight plan look like? Full on weight reduction with all the LW stuff, just a cleanup of the uneeded stuff.. what's the end weight goal?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Dieso's car won't hit the track till NED opens.Hopefully by then the rest of it will be done with a 6 point ect.I'm shooting to get the car into the 10's Cam only.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Race your car!

That seems like a reachable goal.. definately a good start so far, and should be alot of fun too!