Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Matt @ TTP

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Sometimes people need a fire lit under their *** to get moving...

The list of unhappy TTP customers keeps growing over time...
Exactly.. there is a list of PM's, previous visits to the shop, and phone calls.

As for the reason the title took a while the first time, it is because the title was messed up by CT, then I spent two "joy-filled" afternoons at DMV to get it right.

Matt has the NY Title and is just taking his sweet-assed time, and I need to get things in order- no play Nextel or PM games.

I was contacted today by one of the guys from TTP, hopefully it's resolved in the next few days.
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Ya well I definitely did slack off and I'd like to compensate or do whatever I can for that, but there is definitely two sides of this story. I am not defending my forgetting to take care of the trailer by saying Bob did these other things, but I would have asked him to give me a call at my shop or on my cell phone before he brought this to the boards. But also in that defense he has PM'd me twice since he made final payment on the trailer of which I told him I would get the title to him.

I have no problem admitting I am in the wrong in this case, and due to sheer forgetfullness Bob did not receive his title in a reasonable amount of time. Bob, do you have an email address I can forward the copy of the purchase of a new trailer certificate to? Also that way you can track the purchase and as soon as it gets in it will be leaving from long island right to your house with a tracking #.

- Matt
bbrand375@optonline.net
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:12 PM
CARTEK Racing

What are you talking about? I try to go out of my way to help everyone of my customer's and so do my employees.
which part of your excellent service policy talks about having your techs take customer cars to the track to race them for money without the customer knowing about it?

Sh*t dawg, I want that service!
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I told him first-off that I would NOT guarantee the numbers or labor time for the Pacesetter longtubes. The Pacesetters took forever to put on, considering they were a crap fit and the connection pipes had to be welded/cut. Then there was a problem with his fuel pump relay which we fixed for him at a discounted rate. Yes then we had a problem with the o2 sensors which I paid our autotech on wheels (Excellent wiring technician) to come in and fix that I also paid for. We gave him free labor and dyno time numerous times for the car even though it was not our fault of the lack of power. I know that my 224 cam which is like everyone else's Comp ground 224/224 cam usually makes in the range of 380-390rwhp with Kooks LTs, I told Christian that at first and guaranteed no numbers with the pacesetters.
First, they were TSP headers, and your quote onthe price was $xxxx "out the door"... well it ended up being +$1300.

Secondly, your shop removed the rear O2's and never did put them back in, never used sims, or tuned for missing sensors.. just plain forgot. Thats fine, people make mistakes. Its funny he gets electrical gremlins after you do a cam job... no fuel pump relay or bad grounds prior to this.

Thirdly, yeah its down on power and was told it made 370rwhp but you were unable to print out the graph at the time. Well, Christian dropped by a few weeks later saying he wanted to see it and low and behold 353rwhp...

I am not saying you dont make an effort to help out your customers, you did tow his car back to the shop for him, but the work was shotty at best.
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Bob,

I'm sure you know that Matt did not get back to you in a reasonable amount of time simply because he was too busy "Fixing what other shops broke"
see quote in my sig...
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

he can keep going and comming up with stories to save his *** but my posts on fastls1 speak the truth buddy, hm and i was gunna let alot of that **** slide untill i talked to a few of ur ex empolyees on why it took 7 months to get my car bac...striaght from the horses mouth i guess.
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaro383
he can keep going and comming up with stories to save his *** but my posts on fastls1 speak the truth buddy, hm and i was gunna let alot of that **** slide untill i talked to a few of ur ex empolyees on why it took 7 months to get my car bac...striaght from the horses mouth i guess.
haha...now i know why it took 4 months for a simple header install. makes sence now...i thought it was just me. wow...glad thats out.
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

lets see his reason for that, cant blame the headers being shitty this time
Old 12-13-2006 | 01:32 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by TNTramair
see quote in my sig...
I loved it when Matt put that in his sig... what a pompous *****. Seems like other shops are going to have a field day fixing what he broke. Karma is a bitch ins't it!
Old 12-13-2006 | 01:52 PM
Banned

which part of your excellent service policy talks about having your techs take customer cars to the track to race them for money without the customer knowing about it?
Alex, once again you are talking out of your ******* *******. Doesnt surpise me one bit. There will be a post concerning bspz28's car on this forum in a few days. There were no money races to be had, otherwise it would have went down the track with Pete driving the car since he knows how to drive it.
Once again, everyone get your information CORRECT before coming to the boards.

REALQUICK: I am not quoting anyone's company here but as far as I know the TSP f-body headers are Pacesetters with their custom y-pipe. I used this fact to assume that TSP also uses Pacesetters for their corvette applications. I am friends with TSP, but I am sorry these headers fit like garbage with the connection pipes.

Secondly, your shop removed the rear O2's and never did put them back in, never used sims, or tuned for missing sensors.. just plain forgot. Thats fine, people make mistakes. Its funny he gets electrical gremlins after you do a cam job... no fuel pump relay or bad grounds prior to this.
I will be honest I do not remember concerning his rear o2 sensors. The 'electrical' gremlins you speak of, what do you think I just made these up?! I am contracted to do a camshaft and header job which involves nothing with wiring how would I **** up his fuel pump relay or fuse?

I am done talking on this subject with you realquick, no offense but the customer should be fighting his own battle. If he has a problem once again tell Christian to give me a call.

Concerning the 353rwhp it is what it is. I do apologize the uncorrected numbers were in the 370 range. Even if I mistakingly told him it was 675rwhp, once again I will state like usual I DO NOT GUARANTEE HORSEPOWER NUMBERS on anyone's customer provided parts.
Old 12-13-2006 | 01:53 PM
Banned

haha...now i know why it took 4 months for a simple header install. makes sence now...i thought it was just me. wow...glad thats out.
What are you talking about? It took us 4 days with the dyno tune when we did not have the dynojet on-site. Ask any of my current customers that come in for headers on f-bodies they roll out the same day with a full tune. We were a lot slower back then because we did not have the dynojet on-site. You have been a thorn in our side for years now TNT, I don't really see what the problem is and you have never made clear as to what your problem is.
Old 12-13-2006 | 02:00 PM
Banned

two "joy-filled" afternoons at DMV to get it right
Yep isnt the DMV great in this state? lol. Bob I am at my parent's house and I was able to find the title after digging through everything with my father. This is good now I dont have to give NY state more money to replace it and you will have your title in hand by Friday.

If I had the title in-hand at the office this would have been avoided, problem is that all of my mail gets sent to my parent's house because I have moved 4 times in 5 years and I lose a lot of mail each time I move so this was the easiest thing for me to do is keep my NY address (Also for registration reasons, etc.) as I just moved to NJ as you know. No more excuses, title in hand and will be in yours in a few days.
Old 12-13-2006 | 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Spoke to Matt, he has title in hand, promises delivery post-haste- situation appears resolved.
Old 12-13-2006 | 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Spoke to Matt, he has title in hand, promises delivery post-haste- situation appears resolved.

good to hear this ends the saga