Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Strip club shooting in New Bedford

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Foxy in Providence has been closed until today and they are having (or had) a big meeting this morning. I'll get the scoop tonight or tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

they were back open tonight
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tbyrne
The gunman dated the bartender. They broke up and he wasn't happy. The bouncer get the gunman a good beating a while ago. He wasn't happy about that either. I just found that the bouncer and the bartender have a child together. Gunman probably wasn't happy about that either. He killed the bouncer and manager and then himself. 2 offiers were shot and I think 1 or 2 other people. They originally said 6 or 7 total.

Tom is pretty much spot on...

I was told that the guy went in the back kitchen door, with a bag full of ammo and guns, wearing body armor... told the girls to go to the locker room and that he was there for the guys! Went out onto the floor and sprayed, injuring two customers, killing the manager and the bouncer that gave him a previous beating... called 911 and spoke to the dispatcher, wanting to speak with the cops outside to tell them not to come in, just too late and he shot them as they entered (one in the face and one in the arm), told the dispatcher he was going to "decorate the place" open some serious firing, then it all went silent!!!

Local newspaper is supposed to have these details and the 911 call.... again so I am told...

Pretty f**ked up, over some ended relationship!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

More than 1 person has said that the shooter seemed like a good person. He had to have just snapped. Possibly he had been previously intimidated in the club w/many people present. Still no reason to blast innocent people. Bouncer and club manager must really have pissed this guy off to have him resort to that. Sad situation, especially this time of year, for everyone involved....That little piece of flesh that a woman sports between her thighs sure can cause some powerful problems....
Old 12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ya goota admit though, that 'lil piece of flesh rules the world in many ways.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

id never kill anyone or myself over that piece of flesh. its not worth it. i dont care who it is unless its life threatening or self defense.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Providence reopened on Friday night and I heard NB might have been too. They had a meeting for everyone from the 3 clubs that morning and provided counselors in case anyone needed to talk. A friend of mine has a routine where she is dressed as a cowgirl and "shoots" people at one point during her show. She cut that part out.

Something like this could happen at the bank, Walmart, Burger King of anywhere else but I think we consider strip clubs to be sacred. No violence there.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

strippers are prone to having more personal problems than most women. most pick guys with just as many problems as they have. that includes other female staff.

i worked at a couple strip clubs and stories like these sadly dont surprise me.

Last edited by ULTIMATEORANGESS; 12-17-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Strip club shooting in New Bedford