Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Remember that contractor that screwed me for $6k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the reply that I just sent to him as a "potential customer" -

I'm sorry Jonnie. I read an ad on Craigslist that listed your phone number and said that you are from Home and Garden. It also had a link to a site that showed that you took advantage of one of your customers. I don't feel comfortable with doing business with a company that would do this. A little research also showed this ad on other Internet sites in the New England area.

I'm going to pass on this offer and will be notifying Craigslist so others don't have this issue.

David
>>

My voice mail to him said that he was now famous on the internet. This will really **** him off but he won't have anything to go by. Of course he will reply to "David" but he won't get a reply for awhile. In the meantime his mind will be racing while he tried to figure out what is going on. He'll know that I have something to do with it
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Did you have him draft up a contract for the work or was this a verbal agreement?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

It was a verbal agreement. He did work for me in the past. Biggest job was about $35k and there were no problems. Given that and us being friends, I wasn't in a hurry to get anything in writting. I asked him for a written estimate/contract later (actually as a few times) but he kept blowing it off.

Live and learn...
Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by tbyrne
It was a verbal agreement. He did work for me in the past. Biggest job was about $35k and there were no problems. Given that and us being friends, I wasn't in a hurry to get anything in writting. I asked him for a written estimate/contract later (actually as a few times) but he kept blowing it off.

Live and learn...
ALWAYS get it in writting. UCC sucks as far as protecting the "innocent".

Good luck with tracking the theif down.

Last edited by sb427f-car; 01-05-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Breaking News!

I spoke with the collection agency while on my way home today. They said Jon called about 2 weeks ago. He was furious when he read the FINAL NOTICE. I guess he didn't like how it was worded. He called back today and told them that he refuses to settle and won't be paying any money. He also "said" that he filed a police report because of the notice. That's kind of strange! He told them that he just wants this to goto court.

Seems like a good way to brush the collections people off before they start hounding him. The next step will be to file this in court.

I also filed a report at http://www.ripoffreport.com/. Hopefully it gets featured over there.

Keep spreading the word about the site!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Interesting update for today.

I received a call from a detective in Jon's town tonight. Didn't get the phone in time so he left me a voice mail. Said he needed to talk to me about the issue that Jon and I have. Dude takes money from me and then he goes to the police with his issues. What a loser! Anyway, I spoke with the detective a little while ago. He was a nice guy and gave me the scoop of what is going on. Jon went into the station tonight to complain about the website and his info being on there. Good to see that he knows about it now I guess he didn't like his birthday being listed and the note that people could get this ss# if needed. The detective didn't know if there was a law against that but he said it's really not recommended because of identity theft. Jon let him know that we had some issues and why. He also said that he offered me $3000. when all this happened and I refused it. This is true. I wasn't going to pay $3000. to have some bushes/plants put in the ground. Actually, I had to plant some of them myself.

So in the end, the detective said that I should take his DOB off of the site. I can pretty much post anything else that I want but to leave the stuff that would lead to identity theft off. Not like anyone could get ahead in life with his identity anyway. He told me to let the courts take care of it. Yes, this could be tossing good money after bad but... this is going to turn into a hobby. If I let it go, he sleeps at night with some extra money in this pocket and thinking "yeah, I got him". I will continue to pursue this so he has to keep looking over his shoulder wondering who is going to be there to latch onto the little that he might have. If there is any way for his wife's property/assets to be tied into this, I will go after those too! I've found a local attorney that is know to be a a junk yard dog... mean and ruthless! Hopefully I get in with him this week and start the ball rolling hard!

Oh yeah, there is also another domain that mirrors the other one. It is www.jondrewniak.com. I guess I own him in one way right now!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

Awesome, glad to hear things are moving along nicely. I hope you get your money back.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeeeeHawww
Old 01-07-2007, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

I can't tell you how many schmucks like this I have booked into the jail.

They are losers who can't do anything else but lie and misrepresent.. I even have my experiences too.

Tell him you would like to settle for the 3k, and when he gets there- kick his ******' *** real good- 3k worth. Piece of crap that he is. He'd probably cry to the cops again.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha I would pay to see that. you should sell tickets to it so you can get the other 3 grand.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Quick update. I've been told that two of the three phone numbers listed on the website have been disconnected. Only 1-508-787-8830 is active. That goes to his wife. So.... it looks like all of this has created some issues at Home and Garden!

The Auburn News has picked up on this story. It will be posted in their paper on February 7th. Their site can be viewed online at . http://www.auburnnews.net . This is the newspaper in Jon's hometown. He didn't have alot to say to the reporter. Wouldn't even verify his name!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is great. I'm interested to see how it all turns out.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

God I would love to be a fly on the wall when he gets paper.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Same here! He's had the number for awhile so I'm wondering what he told people when he changed it. I have a feeling his mom is going to get a copy along with his sister and a bunch of other people that he knows. Everything is falling into place now!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

I am going and stealing my grandmothers Auburn News as soon as it comes out!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:17 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Same here! He's had the number for awhile so I'm wondering what he told people when he changed it. I have a feeling his mom is going to get a copy along with his sister and a bunch of other people that he knows. Everything is falling into place now!
Family OWNAGE FTW!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Hey Tom you hafta tell me what to do.....my mom paid a guy to do my roof like 8 months ago....shingles are still here. He has over 8k of my moms money....I couldn't belive she paid the guy in full to do it. He only did 1/4 of my roof. I will get all the info tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Teching In

Wink Hunt Ther Asssssssss Down.....

KICKKKKKKKKKK THER POCAHONTAS ASSSSSSSS IN....
AN TELL THEM IF THEY DON;T PAY....
OR DO THE WORK...
YOUR GONE OFFFFFFF PUT YOUR KILLER CHA WAWA DAWG....
ON THER ASSSSSSSSSS... ....
6OOO DOLLARS WORTH.....
Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

i'm glad this guy is getting what he deserves!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Kick the **** out of him, that's the only satisfaction you'll get. He can refuse to pay and the worst that can happen is a lien gets put on his house. It's complete bullshit the way this **** works.