Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

G/J Towing on PInks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G/J Towing on PInks!!!

Who saw it? I don't know if it was an old episode or new, but they had a Mustang from G&J towing on it. They got ******' smoked, and the guy made an *** out of himself! I don't know what he was crying about, the car was probably stolen anyway!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

I just watched it. Lost his Fox-body stang to some rednecks, but he (Boston area guy) was acting like a complete *******. The Pinks starting system sucks, though......that's 50's ****-type starting....Why not use the lights?? The program is getting old anyway.....same crybaby **** every episode. WJ
Old 01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Ya, I agree. I mean you could see right from the start that he was out gunned. You knew he was going down. I just feel bad for Indy Auto, as they had thier graphics on the rear window. I hope Dave from Indy slaps the **** out of that guy when he gets back!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Whip, do you have any idea what that Indy (Boston) car runs for times? Didn't really look that quick--left very soft, if you noticed.......WJ
Old 01-24-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

No, never seen it in real life. I know the guys at Indy Auto are pretty into racing though. G/J towing (the name on the door) is crooked **** though. I used to know a bunch of people that worked for them way back in the day. I don't want to say to much on here, but I don't feel bad they lost a car if thats who owned it.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

it was from last season.....the boston guy was a totall *******. as for the racing, you really have to give lengths, for reasons just shown in that episode. NO ONE will tell the truth about what they run, they will always be faster, and some people will lie more then others. it may be lame, but thats the only way street racing will be anywhere near fair. it cant be 'run what you brung', because not everyone has a dedicated race car. its either lengths, or use the tree with a handicap, like in braket racing. it may be lame, but what else can you do if someone brings an honest 12 sec car, and the other guy brings a 10sec, and lies?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ihave hated that show since day 1. "racing for pinks just like the old days" really? i have been around street and track racing for approaching 20 years and i never heard of anyone stupid enough to give away a car until some uninformed moron and his band of merry idiots showed up with their tv cameras.
i have seen races go for 20k +, but none of those guys woudl ever risk giving away a perfectly good race car because of one day of bad negotiating. i guess that is why so many of the cars on that show are such pieces of crap, no one will risk a car they actualy care about.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one episode with the brothers was good..the blue 69 Firebird vs the lsx camaro...You can tell the brother that lost really loved his car when the older bro drove it down the track after he won..that was the only good pinks episode i thought
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SheaMus
The one episode with the brothers was good..the blue 69 Firebird vs the lsx camaro...You can tell the brother that lost really loved his car when the older bro drove it down the track after he won..that was the only good pinks episode i thought
That was definitely the best and only good episode of Pinks.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only major thing that bothered me on pinks is how they explain car lengths, during a win which in turn leads to the next negotiation.

They think if its a car length between the cars, meaning roughly one car's worth of distance between the front bumper of the losing car and the rear bumper of the winning car is 1 (one) length, no its 2 lengths.

Some races are closer then some think and If your up 2 you gotta basically give the next guy the race. Also if a car has n2o its almost automatic that you gotta give it up. Either negoitate it before even coming down to race (which one episode mentioned that, that they were not taking out the bottle that was a condition of the race) or make 2 systems, 1 a dummy and 1 real. That be the ****.

Otherwise I like it, there are places here where there is big money bet, they dont care bout the race and who is faster, they are just betting based on conditions set. i.e. a Civic that wants 20 lengths
Old 01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
8 second mod

whip, go easy with g/j, you may find yourself on the bottom of the ocean with heavy shoes on!!!

pretty sure one of the brothers got busted, and the other turn around and made the company very succesfull.

as for indy, i think theyjust helped with parts, they didnt accually work on the car.
chip is into racing, gone postal racing his dragster runs in the 7's i think on motor, he is a bracket guy

as for pinks, i love it. i crack up every time. hehe
Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SheaMus
oh yeah- both them cars put the cars damn-near on thier bumpers, but the LSx based car had the top end to prevail. Being in my 50's, I felt bad for the dad..

Old 01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Mr. B
oh yeah- both them cars put the cars damn-near on thier bumpers, but the LSx based car had the top end to prevail. Being in my 50's, I felt bad for the dad..

the dad? they where brothers. thats tosto!! sick sick cars. i think the nicest f-body i have ever seen!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Typical chatter on Pinks:

"Ok.. you won the first two races, and you now agree to allow the other driver to poke you in the eye of his choice, you will turn of all 5 stages of nitrous, and drain your brake fluid and he gets 53.3 car lengths- do we have a race???"

JUST RUN THE ******" CARS, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you dig it!)
Old 01-26-2007, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the dad? they where brothers. thats tosto!! sick sick cars. i think the nicest f-body i have ever seen!!!!!
The dad was also on that episode..
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Mr. B
The dad was also on that episode..
ps, your old
Old 01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

ps, your old
ps, you are a butt head, Brad!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
8 second mod

you have your head up your ***. i found your picture your wife took.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Judges.....

Ahhh uhhh, yep...

that was a burn.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

whip, go easy with g/j, you may find yourself on the bottom of the ocean with heavy shoes on!!!

pretty sure one of the brothers got busted, and the other turn around and made the company very succesfull.
Haha, ya, I thought about that. I don't know the guys personally, I just know stories about back in the day when I had some buds working there.