Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Question about what cops can/cannot do when they pull you over.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BirdmanLS1
Why would u want to be a dick to the cops??
because it is hardly reasonable for a cop to go on a powertrip just because he sees me walking in the park at 10pm. not all of them are ******, but a damn good percentage are.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh stop it! Most cops are just A$$holes! Not all, but most.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cops suck period
Old 02-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Launching!

There's shitty people in every career field. It just hurts more when you get a shitty cop over a shitty fry cook. I've been pretty lucky with most of my run ins with the law, but even when they were dicks I was still breaking the law.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend got a ticket for "failure to obey traffic device".. she was speeding 57 in a 45. The cop said the system was down so he asked her for her social, Now correct me if i'm wrong but that can't be legal... what the hell would he look up with her SSN, don't they call in the ID number and thats it if they're computer is down? What can she do about it?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
people that hate cops are usually doing something wrong
Thats major bullshit. Police can be the most corrupt A$$holes in certain towns and states. I live in NJ, (The most corrupt state in America, and thats not up for arguing, it just plain is) and there is a town called south bound brook that is notorious for having ******** cops that will pull you over for nothing at all. And i know this cause i once drove my car home from work at night and i broke no law at all and they just pulled me over for nothing and the cop couldn't even tell me what i did wrong when i asked him. So whats that tell you? Its things like that which make speople hate cops, and i am one of them. They don't serve and protect, they serve and pull over. And it is true that they are never around when you need them. I got stuck on a highway and 2 NJ state troopers passed my friend and I by without even stopping to help or anything. Just ask to see their badge number and they will just say" have a good night". If you can beat them when you are pulled over, make them look like the idiots they are in the local newspapers. Thats what i did. And they had it coming. I was just voicing the opinion of the local townspeople.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

after all, there is no law against freedom of speech. They haven't messed with me since i wrote the article.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

I'm not saying all cops are bad, but people should just make it public when police use harassment on good citizens that do nothing wrong. Is it right that they pull you over for the type of car you drive? I think not. Thats called being prejudiced. Police shouldn't be feared by the public. They are here to serve the public trust and protect the innocent. I too once wanted to be a cop myself until i found out the things they have to do. But they shouldn't get away with some of the things they do. That is my point. And i don't encourage anyone to write a newspaper article unless there was serious harassment going on with the situation. I wasn't alone in my principles. When others voice their opinions on the same matter, you know its bad then.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Well My brother in law is a County Prison Warden here in PA. He tells me all the time how the "old school" are long gone. The older guys do there job and do it well. The new guys do not Serve and Protect like the motto goes. This is not the scenario in all cases, but lets be serious, the new generation has lost respect and allow their own personal vendetas get in the way.

Consider this one, In PA if you make it through the academy you are guaranteed a job. Which pushes up the employment rate and overload of officers. We now have 2 officers per vehicle for traffic detail. Is traffic detail that vital that we need 2 per vehicle? You would think 1 of the officers could be better utilized doing something else.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BirdmanLS1
Why would u want to be a dick to the cops?? I dont understand why people hate on cops so much... makes no sense at all whatsoever.
writing me a ticket for 5mph over the speed limit. get a life

Quick Reply: Question about what cops can/cannot do when they pull you over.