Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dans Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would the next step be though, just rewire the entire truck?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
What would the next step be though, just rewire the entire truck?

seemingly. I want to part it out, return it as close to stock and sell it, but, i'm not paying anymore labor on it. no ******* way. i'd rather sell it and lose my ***. can't take it anymore. enough is enough. i'm gonna put a ******* bullet in my ****** head
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
seemingly. I want to part it out, return it as close to stock and sell it, but, i'm not paying anymore labor on it. no ******* way. i'd rather sell it and lose my ***. can't take it anymore. enough is enough. i'm gonna put a ******* bullet in my ****** head

I can only imagine, like I thought I had bad luck but man I would have given up a long time ago. Hopefully you can figure everything out though. Seems like only a few more bugs to work out so hopefully Don can give you some ideas. This is the reason though why i sold my camaro as i started looking at superchargers and turbo kits and i realized how much of a money pit it was going to become and sold it off and bought my g35x and although it isnt fast I never have to worry about it not working.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think you should just calm down and wait for don to return before do anything at all...serious. Lets see what he thinks and what he wants to do. He could be all happy from seeing mickey mouse and help you out. Just relax, and wait a coupld days. Weather sucks anyway.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Dan~ You have got to stop crying like a 7yr old school girl over this ****. Don told you DO NOT HOOK UP THE EBOOST. LEAVE THE VACCUME LINE ALONE!!!!!!!!! What is the 1st thing you do once you get home??? hook up the vaccume line

I have felt bad for you during this whole ordeal. I told Don 5 months ago that he would end up working on your truck. He told me he vener would. but then once he saw how bad Turd-o-Zone f'd you over, he decided to help you out. He took on a project that no one else woudl have ever touched. That truck was a mess. The wiring is still f'd up to this day, because they did so much **** to that harness, that it is almost imposible to fix.

I think that you should STFU for the next 5 days, and when Don gets home call him and tell his you f'd up and would like for him to look at your truck again. Hell he did it the last time for almost nothing, so have him look at it again. And this time leave it the way he tells you to.

I do feel bad for you and I do want to see your truck running the right way. but you have to realize that you might be over your head with this setup, so it is a wise move to listen to Don when he tells you to leave it the way it is.

~Matt
Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Matt, I agree. I'm a ******* baby. I shouldn't be upset that I just dumped $30,000 into a truck that doesn't run. I also shouldn't be upset that I paid $7600 labor to shop number 1 and another $5600 to shop number 2 and now still have a bill with Don. I agree with you.

I'm calm, i'm just looking for answers, help, suggestions. But thanks dude.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Dan~ That is a lot of money to have into a car. I know because I have been there. Now I have more than that into my truck. So I know how you feel. As I stated above I am not trying to be like a dick. but why woudl you hook up the vaccume and eboost after Don told you that it would **** the truck up again?????

You have to let him and eveyone else around you help you if you ever want this truck to be right. How much gas is in your tank??? I talked to Don this afternoon and he said to make sure you have over a 1/4 tank in there. That could cause some of your problems. Also there is a switch of some sort under your hood that will **** your fuel pump up. Also your pump is set to run for 30 seconds after the truck has been under boost. So you shouldnt hear it run all the time. but if you are, then that means that at minimum you are boosting every 29 seconds.

Just try and relax. I know that is a bs line and it isnt helping anything. If I had a answer I would give it to you. Hell I would drive up there tomorow and help you out, if I thought I could do anything. But I cant. So take a screw driver and some wrenches and go over every single clamp and make sure they are properly on and tight. Also, becuase your eBoost's wiring is messed up, I think you might want to consider a inline, manual boost controller. They are like $20.00 and take about 30mins to put in. I had one on my STS setup and it worked great. (well the 2nd one did. The 1st on failed but it didnt hurt anything).

So if you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I will try and get some answers from Don and other people I know.

~Matt
Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

ok, that controller is seemingly fried. I took it off the truck. I will send it to aeromotive next week and re-install it IN the truck.

I wish to christ I could remember how don had those lines hooke up. He didn't tell me NOT to rehook them up, he said I probably should just leave it. on 6lbs of boost i felt like i was driving my grandmother's electric wheelchair, lol. Anyway, the truck is alive. I got the fuel pump working properly. my vacuum starts at 7ish and goes to 15 after a few seconds. I feel this is still not good, but, maybe i'm wrong. I put the 10lb spring in the wastegate tonight too while i was under the hood.

the truck has a full tank of gas. I never let it get below 1/2 tank. speed-eng can suck my ***** for selling me this system. ******* told me they have gone full throttle on a 700rwhp truck with no issues. that is horseshit.

The one thing I can't figure out about those boost lines is, the instructions clearly say "do not hook line 1 up to the intake manifold". Where is mine hooked up? To the ******* intake manifold, lol. No idea why or where it should actually be.

Sorry for flipping the **** out earlier. I worked 90hrs last week, I was expecting to get a bunch of personal **** done today and tomorrow, but, daycare was closed so i was home alone all day with my 2y/o. "dadda, i want mamma" was the theme of the day. she only said it like, hmmm, 10,000 times. lol.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

the hell with the eboost
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

i read thru some of the eboost2 manual this morning. couldn't i just turn it off and run off the wastegate? seems like a simple solution(assuming there is something wrong with it).

Also, assuming i have a vacuum leak, which is my assumption at this point, where should i start looking? ******* truck stinks like exhaust pretty bad and stumbles when it first starts up. after a few seconds it settles down a bit but my god, my garage ******* smells bad and i only had it running for a total of about 2min last night, with the door open.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
the hell with the eboost
hell no. Don just bought me a eBoost2......but this time he will have the directions to follow when hooking it up
Old 03-03-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
hell no. Don just bought me a eBoost2......but this time he will have the directions to follow when hooking it up
the actual wiring of it is pretty simple. It's the setup that's a pain in the buttocks. mine is wired right(as far as i can tell) but i have no idea how it was setup. I may set it back to factory settings and start from scratch. BUT, that takes time and I have NONE.

Am I wrong in thinking I can just turn the Eboost2 OFF and run off the wastegate? i'm gonna try it in a few min. Stil havent found the vacuum leak. It's there somewhere, i'm sure of that.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Do you have a catch can???? of so check that to see just how much blow by you are getting.

I think that you could just turn the eBoost off and run off of the wastegate. But what are the switches in your glove box for??? Don said that they were fckin up the alternator light when they were one. They look like they have something to do with the eBoost????
Old 03-03-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Do you have a catch can???? of so check that to see just how much blow by you are getting.

I think that you could just turn the eBoost off and run off of the wastegate. But what are the switches in your glove box for??? Don said that they were fckin up the alternator light when they were one. They look like they have something to do with the eBoost????
they are for setting high/low boost. right in the eboost instruction manual. I had a catch can. don unhooked it cause it was filling my cab with fumes, lol. I took it off last night. it was FULL of oily water. literally, about 1qt of it.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

The eBoost2 is a self contained unit. The switched are integrated into it. There are controlls on the face of the gauge. The switches in the glove box are wired wrong and screwin **** up. With them on your alternator light comes on. With them off it is fine...
Old 03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

The eBoost2 is a self contained unit. The switched are integrated into it. There are controlls on the face of the gauge. The switches in the glove box are wired wrong and screwin **** up. With them on your alternator light comes on. With them off it is fine...
oh no, incorrect. "the eboost is factory set for internal set point switching where the up and down arrows are used to switch set point, but can be configured for external set point switching using externally mounted switches to trigger inputs to ground in conjuction with a switch logic (ssa to sse)"

so therefor, E=MC2

lol

The concern right now though is the lack of power when not in boost and the poor idle. I'm concerned about this because i can't have it towed back down to mass again. not gonna happen. I need someone local to fix it or I need someone to come here to fix it. Nothing I did caused this, it just happened. Period!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Well Dan a car doesnt just start running liks **** out of no where. Obviously driving through that river must have messed stuff up. Also, did you ever think that your engine might be fucked up???? I mean TurboZone's tuning was way off and Don had to fix a ton of ****. You are getting alot of blow by if the catch can had an ounce of **** in it. There might be somethign there. But I woudlnt hold my breath on someone coming up to you to fix your truck. That isnt how it usually works. And im not sure if taking it to a 4th shop is going to help your cause.......
Old 03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Well Dan a car doesnt just start running liks **** out of no where. Obviously driving through that river must have messed stuff up. Also, did you ever think that your engine might be fucked up???? I mean TurboZone's tuning was way off and Don had to fix a ton of ****. You are getting alot of blow by if the catch can had an ounce of **** in it. There might be somethign there. But I woudlnt hold my breath on someone coming up to you to fix your truck. That isnt how it usually works. And im not sure if taking it to a 4th shop is going to help your cause.......

there was no lake. my buddy said he went thru a puddle and i assumed i must have as well cause why else would the truck have shut off on the highway. i don't actually recall hitting a puddle. i never said it was a lake. not my words. stop trying to make me look like an ******* here. you don't have first hand knowlege of the situation. You are acting like i'm saying don fucked up my truck. Not the case at all. this is a forum where people ask questions and look for advice. If Don was around, I'd ask him. He's not so i'm asking the general public. Why is this a problem for you?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

there was no lake. my buddy said he went thru a puddle and i assumed i must have as well cause why else would the truck have shut off on the highway. i don't actually recall hitting a puddle. i never said it was a lake. not my words. stop trying to make me look like an ******* here. you don't have first hand knowlege of the situation. You are acting like i'm saying don fucked up my truck. Not the case at all. this is a forum where people ask questions and look for advice. If Don was around, I'd ask him. He's not so i'm asking the general public. Why is this a problem for you?
1st off the "lake" comment was to be taken as a joke.

2nd of all I never said that you said Don fucked your truck up. I said Turbo Zone did.

So dont come on here making it look like I am trying to make you look like an *******. I was the one who stood up for you when TurboZone was being a dick. I was the one that almost got suspended from here becuase I was calling John out on the fact that he was treating you like a piece of ****. I was the one that talked to Don for months to get him to help you with your truck.

As for 1st hand knowledge about your truck, I have seen it and I have talked to Don almost every night after he has worked on it. Hell I have even done some research on the eBoost and other **** to try and help you out.

So dont come on here and call me out and say that I am trying to make you look like an *******. Remember 2 years ago when you came on here and started to bad mouth Don about your Whipple setup??????? ya I do and so does Don. But everyone put that aside to help you out. So the last thing I have done is try and make you look like and ******* buddy.

I truly hope that your get your truck up and running to its full potential. And they I want to see it at NED running some 11's, becuase that is what you paid for and that is what I want to see you end up with.

~Matt
Old 03-03-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

ok, at least we agree on the NED thing. it's all good brotha. i'm just frustrated like you wouldn't believe. it's just hard for me to believe that it will ever run like it is supposed to. it's posessed, no question about it. lol