Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Latest Pipe Dream...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007 | 09:58 PM
Tech Resident

Smile Latest Pipe Dream...

Well since this end of winter/spring I'm working on making the Camaro more civilised and good looking, I want a new project that can just be an all-out street/strip car... I want to do an LSx sleeper S10.

First off, get a 1996-99ish 2WD S10 beater or work truck with a blown engine... something real cheep, but with a solid frame. Then get a doner LS/LQ block, drop in some forged internals, but a very mild cam and stock ported heads and intake... and a completely hidden N20 setup running a big shot. Put in a bulletproof 700R4 and a custom ford 9" and it'll look like a beater work truck, but rape on the street or track.

What'da guys think, good/cool project for someone on a budget?
Old 02-01-2007 | 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Well since this end of winter/spring I'm working on making the Camaro more civilised and good looking, I want a new project that can just be an all-out street/strip car... I want to do an LSx sleeper S10.

First off, get a 1996-99ish 2WD S10 beater or work truck with a blown engine... something real cheep, but with a solid frame. Then get a doner LS/LQ block, drop in some forged internals, but a very mild cam and stock ported heads and intake... and a completely hidden N20 setup running a big shot. Put in a bulletproof 700R4 and a custom ford 9" and it'll look like a beater work truck, but rape on the street or track.

What'da guys think, good/cool project for someone on a budget?

what part is the "budget build"
that sounds kool but expensive, keep working on the camaro, quiet it down and add lots of NOS
Old 02-01-2007 | 10:44 PM
Tech Resident

Nah, the Camaro has to be the daily driver... I cant aford to drop a piston or blow my rear end.

And budget is realative, I'm thinking 2-3k for the truck, 4-6k into the engine, 4-6k on engine/rear/suspension. I'd like to stay at or around $15,000.
Old 02-03-2007 | 01:46 PM
Launching!

My buddy swapped a 350 in his s10. Its pretty cool but ended up costing him a lot more than he intended. If I was to do it I would definately use and lsx based engine but i would rather do the swap in another car like an import or cadillac or something different like that.
Old 02-03-2007 | 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Nah, the Camaro has to be the daily driver... I cant aford to drop a piston or blow my rear end.

And budget is realative, I'm thinking 2-3k for the truck, 4-6k into the engine, 4-6k on engine/rear/suspension. I'd like to stay at or around $15,000.
Damn...i guess the "budget build" term has loosened up in the past few years...lol. $15k is a pretty substantial amount of money.

none the less, yes, i think it would be a very cool project...goodluck with it.